gil.
Elias
Han Solos Other Ship
Damon.Lenszner
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 6 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 5:46 pm

Brent has and never will provide any of his personal fortune for the benefit of PAFC (not that I think he should or shouldn't, pro's and con's) as any debt belongs to the club. This is what all club owners do to an extent and is part of the reason they take over, MUFC are a good example. When Brent took over it was for the club to be self-sufficient but how is this possible when all the revenues for creating an income (all but the club shop) will not be going into the club. Brent has also stated, I believe, that he will not be putting any more money into the club, so by minimising the stand and preventing room for further expansion (viably), the club will never become self-sufficient unless the wages are at a minimum and the ground is full whilst charging the fans an extortionate rate. Therefore there will be no hope for progression to the higher leagues, without incurring more debt to finally reach the money pit that is the premiership, to pay it off
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 6 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 5:53 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

Also he's 'surprised' at Sheridan's proposals (money wise) for next season.

So does that mean Sheridan wants to spend more on players than Brent will allocate to him or...?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 6 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 6:04 pm

GreenSam wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

So does that mean Sheridan wants to spend more on players than Brent will allocate to him or...?

All managers should do this. If they don't, they lack ambition. If they get what they want is another matter. I'm currently negotiating with senior management at the moment for some equipment - I've started high and over specced what I want but when it comes down to it, they'll say "no" and I'll end up with the middle specced equipment I want that is a little better than I need. I would doubt Sheridan is saying "I want to sign Michu" but he's unlikely to be asking for someone of Chadwick's standards.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 6 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 6:45 pm

hairy j wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

All managers should do this. If they don't, they lack ambition. If they get what they want is another matter. I'm currently negotiating with senior management at the moment for some equipment - I've started high and over specced what I want but when it comes down to it, they'll say "no" and I'll end up with the middle specced equipment I want that is a little better than I need. I would doubt Sheridan is saying "I want to sign Michu" but he's unlikely to be asking for someone of Chadwick's standards.

So you aimed high with these...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

but ended up with these...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 6 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 6:54 pm

I wish it was as fun as a bike.

It's more

And we'll get this

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 6 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 6:59 pm

Flip me Hairy, you live life on the edge Razz
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 6 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 7:18 pm

We won Brent is lifting the roof to increase the size of the stand

Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 6 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 7:40 pm

I like this one. Put it to JB immediately!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 6 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 7:42 pm

mannameadbabe wrote:

I seen this one but thought mine was better rabbit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 6 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 7:43 pm

^^^^ Thats far too big and ambitious, be careful youll have Newell, Hooper,and XIsle on your case in a minute.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 6 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 7:45 pm

Tgwu wrote:
We won Brent is lifting the roof to increase the size of the stand

And the good folk of Peverell still have their panoramic views of Plymouth Sound
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 6 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 7:46 pm

It needs more of a shelf I feel. It's the new thing dontchaknow Razz
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 6 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 7:47 pm

mannameadbabe wrote:

It's got 2 tiers. Brent would never agree to that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 6 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 7:50 pm

Bert Large wrote:
Flip me Hairy, you live life on the edge Razz

Bert, if you ever want me to do an after dinner speech, I do a mean 45 minute talk on the legacy of Gutenburg's moveable type print press.

He's scouring Gumtree at the moment and has Newell waiting with the engine running on a hire van to pick these up from Plymouth and her surrounding areas.

1,000 of these on the curent Mayflower will do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 6 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 8:34 pm

Don't forget one of these bolted on one end of the stand. We can't have any areas devoid of an Akkeron revenue stream. Wink[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 6 EmptySat May 11, 2013 8:42 am

Who flounced in the night then?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 6 EmptySat May 11, 2013 9:29 am

Bert Large has gone again.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 6 EmptySun May 12, 2013 1:07 pm

Do not forget the Grandstand do not belong to Plymouth Argyle or Mr Brent but to PCC, is PCC given the land inside Home Park that Argyle lease to Brent Development Company in return for the stand. What are PCC getting in return for given the land from Outland Rd and around Lyndhurst and Barn Park to Brent Development Company to built the road, who is going to pay for the road and junction alterations which is needed?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 6 EmptySun May 12, 2013 1:11 pm

As I understand it, the land that the ground is built on belongs to PCC, along with Harper's Park - this is what PAFC pay rent for. The buildings aren't owned by PCC. It was that way before Stapleton et al bought the land and I'm sure it's that way now.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 6 EmptySun May 12, 2013 1:31 pm

hairy j wrote:
As I understand it, the land that the ground is built on belongs to PCC, along with Harper's Park - this is what PAFC pay rent for. The buildings aren't owned by PCC. It was that way before Stapleton et al bought the land and I'm sure it's that way now.

When PCC brought Home Park from the administer, this was part of the agreement to come of admin sure they took over the stands as well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 6 EmptySun May 12, 2013 2:52 pm

It has just occurred to me (I know it takes a while) but if the grandstand cannot be built higher than the Life Centre, how does that affect the hotel?
Does that mean the hotel can be as high as Brent wants or kept lower which will mean a token gesture size of hotel?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 6 EmptySun May 12, 2013 4:13 pm

Tgwu wrote:
hairy j wrote:

When PCC brought Home Park from the administer, this was part of the agreement to come of admin sure they took over the stands as well

I'm in the vicinity of the property team at work, I'll ask them but I am fairly sure the buildings belong to the club.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 6 EmptySun May 12, 2013 5:29 pm

I went on this

Plymouth City Council will pay £1.6m for Home Park and rent it back to the club for £135,000 a year.

The club, which bought the ground from the council for £2.7m in 2006, went into administration in March.

The council's purchase of the ground was a proviso of a rescue bid by businessman James Brent, who hopes to complete the deal this week.

The council deal means Argyle would have an option to buy back the ground every five years for a sum equal to 12 times the then annual rent.

The rent would rise by 150% if the club reached the Championship and 300% if it reached the Premier League.

The deal also removes covenants preventing non-football development around the ground.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 6 EmptySun May 12, 2013 7:04 pm

mcfry wrote:
It has just occurred to me (I know it takes a while) but if the grandstand cannot be built higher than the Life Centre, how does that affect the hotel?
Does that mean the hotel can be as high as Brent wants or kept lower which will mean a token gesture size of hotel?
I'd reckon that hotels are quite low on the banker's priorities as well - his main concern is in land. If hotels have land attached to them or are well located, he's interested no matter how poorly they are doing.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 6 EmptySun May 12, 2013 7:11 pm

mcfry wrote:
#

the hotel is a very weird one in terms of design so i think that is ok
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next