Dougie
Czarcasm
coathypafc
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
GreenSam

Ken Bates wants us - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 7:24 pm

Hmm. He left Chelsea in a lot of debt before their takeover. Leeds likewise. He didn't actually invest significant sums into either.

As to how he'd compare to the good side of Brent, as I always believe in credit where it is due remains to be seen. Brent has at least loaned the club the money that has kept us from the edge of the abyss- would Bates even do that? By all accounts, including Rickler who could never be said to be a yes man, we've had one of the highest budgets in the league. Would Brent even do that? I don't think he'd invest a lot more. More of a football man? Well possibly- it was unanimous that a football savvy DOF was what we currently need. I guess the need for that would be negated if one bought the club. It wouldn't sit right with me at all and if it happens, I predict that in 18 months time, the line of here will be 'no-one could be worse than Bates'. If I'm wrong , he takes over and improves the club then I'd be delighted though.

One thing that confuses me- what's in it for him. If he buys the debt and not the land, then that's not the best deal for him. And if he DOES do that then it could almost be interpreted as good news as it'd mean either:

A) He feels the Mayflower may be profitable or
B) He really wants to have a go at the football side of things, with possibly Warnock acting as a DOF/football chairman as Bates goes on in years. Looking at it that way it doesn't look SO bad.

Asks a lot more than it answers.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 7:39 pm

If there is anything remotely credible in this story, it could well be the Warnock link.

Bates is still his Chairman at present. It's a fair bet that when they've chatted, Warnock may well have dropped something along the lines of "you could do a lot worse than have a go at revitalising Argyle, Ken."

Bates is a straight talker. He calls a spade a spade. He doesn't suffer fools one bit.

I'd have him over the current clowns any day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 7:43 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
If there is anything remotely credible in this story, it could well be the Warnock link.

Bates is still his Chairman at present. It's a fair bet that when they've chatted, Warnock may well have dropped something along the lines of "you could do a lot worse than have a go at revitalising Argyle, Ken."

Bates is a straight talker. He calls a spade a spade. He doesn't suffer fools one bit.

I'd have him over the current clowns any day.
totaly agree czarcs, brents and his muppets have failed just look at the league table for proof.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 7:50 pm

"Hi Ken, i'm Ian. I SAVED THE CLUB singlehandedly. Now if you ever need a lift to the game, someone to plump up your cushion at the dinner table or to wipe your arse for you then i'm the man".

"Feck off you tw@t" replies Ken.

cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 8:20 pm

Yea Man wrote:
"Hi Ken, i'm Ian. I SAVED THE CLUB singlehandedly. Now if you ever need a lift to the game, someone to plump up your cushion at the dinner table or to wipe your arse for you then i'm the man".

cheers

Oh, I now so want uncle Ken down here, reckon that tent could also get the ropes snipped.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 9:40 pm

Yea Man wrote:

cheers

Ken I lick it.
Yes you can
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 9:55 pm

I can imagine Ken Bates bringing Dennis Wise with him to manage.

Now that's a right pair of cnuts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 10:44 pm

At least it would be a pair of cnuts that call it as it is rather than the present sly and underhand fekkers!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 11:08 pm

Good move sell up brent your time is up for you and your arse kissing followers
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 11:12 pm

I'll drive him to Plymouth to remove from the club

We must keep Brent though hes just been SSSSSSSOOOOOO successful (how dare i look at the league table!!!) who would the likes of Green Sam & Brian Green worship then ????? lol!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 11:14 pm

Lord Aviva wrote:

We must keep Brent though hes just been SSSSSSSOOOOOO successful (how dare i look at the league table!!!) who would the likes of Green Sam & Brian Green worship then ????? lol!

They're fickle they're worship anyone,
they're told to by nool and webb bith dodgy 60 year old hanging around with teenagers,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 11:31 pm

Is replacing one cnut with another one wise?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 11:33 pm

Iggy wrote:

was worked so far Staplewallet,todd,brent
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 11:44 pm

Lord Aviva wrote:

FFS. You can't reason with a closed mind can you, if the mind is already made up but I'll make it clear for those who do have an open mind but may have been misled by this thread.

-I think James Brent's time in charge of Argyle has been an absolute dismal unqualified failure. I feel let down from the hopes I had when he took over.

-I entirely condemn the reply of the club to the Trust and fully support the Trust's relentless push for transparency and I think the argument which states that the Trust should wait until the end of the season lest it be disruptive is an inherently flawed argument.

- I agree James Brent is primarily involved with Plymouth Argyle to make money.

-I entirely agree that to say 'at least we're living within our means' is a flawed argument as we quite obviously are not given that we cannot fulfill our debts.

-I am just as bemused as you by the argument that Brent's time in charge has been basically good but flawed. As you say, just at the league table ffs. I repeat, it's been a Shakespearian tragedy.

-When I saw Braingreen calling for a statue of Brent, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Fully understand that to some who are so psyched up in their own bubble that I will always be a Brent-lover, but to those who are prepared to challenge their paradigm of belief, those are all my views.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 11:52 pm

look out nool style breakdown approaching above.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:00 am

Davidfriio4 wrote:
So to make clear my views when I feel I have been misrepresented, that's a breakdown is it?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:08 am

GreenSam wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
So to make clear my views when I feel I have been misrepresented, that's a breakdown is it?

i'm sorry how are things on your high horse,
so what if you was misrepresented ?
does it really matter ?
if so get a phone and call someone who cares.

cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:11 am

Iggy wrote:

this cnut has a decent ish record in transforming clubs ie chelsea where in major trouble before he tookover turned it around made them successful and then sold them on for profit and look at them now. Same with Leeds but on a lesser scale.

I'd rather have him at the helm then that public school boy hell bent on destroying the club with his band of keyboard warriors. I see some silly argyle fans think Warnock will come back if bates buys us!!! lol get out of 1996 and get in the now he is a spent force.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:20 am

So if the Grandstand plans go ahead and there's a hotel attached with a large car park, and then Brent sells to Ken Bates will it become the Bates Motel?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:26 am

Davidfriio4 wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:

does it really matter ?

cheers cheers
Well perhaps it doesn't REALLY matter, perhaps that's right. Maybe I should take it with a pinch of salt.

That's be good advice if it was from someone with a bit more of a brain but coming from one of, if not the most bile-filled and terminally thick posters in Argyle forums history then it's a bit of a stretch.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:29 am

GreenSam wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:

does it really matter ?

cheers cheers
Well perhaps it doesn't REALLY matter, perhaps that's right. Maybe I should take it with a pinch of salt.

That's be good advice if it was from someone with a bit more of a brain but coming from one of, if not the most bile-filled and terminally thick posters in Argyle forums history then it's a bit of a stretch.

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:32 am

GreenSam wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:

does it really matter ?

cheers cheers

you wanna make a problem out of this,cause your just proving your having a breakdown mate.
do us all a favor put the loopy juice down and log off.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:35 am

Whatever.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:36 am

GreenSam wrote:
Whatever.

How childish,
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:41 am

In response to your PM asking if I have a problem, I can only answer on the main forums because I'm blocked from replying to your PMs.

The answer is no and I'm off to do something much more worthwhile than this petty nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ken Bates wants us
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next