Mapperley, darling
Dougie
Czarcasm
coathypafc
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Ken Bates wants us - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 11:48 am

hairy j wrote:
People who play golf, like golf or even think about golf should be attached to something very heavy and dropped into the sea off a boat. Although Leaderboard on the ZX Spectrum was quite good. Death to golfists.

I'm surprised Dane plays golf as he's not mastered getting past the number 7 so 18 holes must be pretty daunting.

Even golf jokes are shit.

Good grief a post by hairy person that I agree with, the guy who said it's a good walk spoiled got it spot on.

Oh and hate cricket as well it's sort of Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:18 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
So if the Grandstand plans go ahead and there's a hotel attached with a large car park, and then Brent sells to Ken Bates will it become the Bates Motel?

Oi!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lol!

Sorry Greenskin, I hadn't seen it but thought it was an obvious one. I only read the threads about ATD or me on Pasoti. The rest of it doesn't interesy me anymore. I can't help thinking half of the posters are multis drumming up support for Brent and it gets on my tits.

Let's face it you wouldn't read Pasoti for intentional humour would you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:20 pm

hairy j wrote:
People who play golf, like golf or even think about golf should be attached to something very heavy and dropped into the sea off a boat. Although Leaderboard on the ZX Spectrum was quite good. Death to golfists.

I'm surprised Dane plays golf as he's not mastered getting past the number 7 so 18 holes must be pretty daunting.

Even golf jokes are shit.

The new VW Golf is quite good .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:23 pm

Newell despises Warnock so I suppose if this comes off we can expect another "U" turn by the biggest arse licker in the history of PAFC.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:25 pm

I guess to play golf. You need An excess of patience, self disipline and a brain. I'm guessing that's why you don't like it hairyj.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:26 pm

The only time I played "golf" was on the Central Park pitch & putt over 40 years ago!

I used to hit the green in one or two with no problem. I even got a hole in one once! But then it would take me 4, 5, 6 putts to sink the bloody ball. I decided then that golf wasn't for me.

I once owned a VW Golf - it spent more time in the garage than on the road.

The Golf of Aqaba was a fabulous place to go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:28 pm

GOB wrote:
Newell despises Warnock so I suppose if this comes off we can expect another "U" turn by the biggest arse licker in the history of PAFC.

I have it on very good authority that Colin is likely to step down from Leeds at the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:35 pm

knecht wrote:
GOB wrote:

I have it on very good authority....

I can imagine Penz looking on, with a wry smile. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:39 pm

GOB wrote:

Didn't he start a thread on the farm begging him to come and manage us?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:41 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
GOB wrote:

FFS did he? lol!

He really is a tosser clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:53 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
knecht wrote:
GOB wrote:

I have it on very good authority....

I can imagine Penz looking on, with a wry smile. Razz

Very Happy I thought of him as I posted it with tongue firmly in cheek.

My source of information is a very good friend who had a long conversation with Colin recently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:06 pm

Warnock back at Home Park? I'm getting horny just thinking about it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:20 pm

GOB wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
GOB wrote:

FFS did he? lol!

Yeah the man with the track record of changing his mind as often as he changes his colostomy bag started a thread that was for Warnock when he got the sack at QPR. It was for messages asking him to come down and manage Plymouth.

A few people made comments that they didn't want Warnock back and Newell got a bit hot and sweaty under the collar about it Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:29 pm

That was at the time when he already knew that Warnock wouldn't be coming.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:33 pm

GOB wrote:

Warnock wouldnt get hired by ken bates the two of them dont get on and he isnt exactly doing a great job at leeds.

I prefer JS
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 2:39 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
So if the Grandstand plans go ahead and there's a hotel attached with a large car park, and then Brent sells to Ken Bates will it become the Bates Motel?

Oi!

lol!

Sorry Greenskin, I hadn't seen it but thought it was an obvious one. I only read the threads about ATD or me on Pasoti. The rest of it doesn't interesy me anymore. I can't help thinking half of the posters are multis drumming up support for Brent and it gets on my tits.

Let's face it you wouldn't read Pasoti for intentional humour would you?

Great minds think alike Jock. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 5:49 pm

GOB wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
GOB wrote:

FFS did he? lol!

Yup !

Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 5:50 pm

Newell wants to eventually run the club. It would help him achieve this is the club were to get relegated. He will then Run the club for James Brent

Thats the master plan
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 8:29 pm

Rickler wrote:
C'mon....

Even if it was what Greensam would have backed eighteen months ago, he is allowed to change his mind.

I think I am right in saying Greensam is still a (really) young man - if indeed, he is actually - legally - a man yet? ...and I don't mean that in a patronising way.

...and eighteen months at that age is a life time! Maybe, just possibly... he's learned something?

And while I'm at it... I'll stand up and say I really enjoy reading what Greensam has to say (as long as he doesn't revert and start talking about God)!

Go Greensam go!

indeed he is allowed to change his mind, HOWEVER.

fans like him who have lorded brent (and fletcher too) are the SOLE reason we are tonight BOTTOM of the league with 10 games to go.
Green Sam strikes me as someone who thinks he's clever, big words here and there just to confirm his so called superiority in the written word.
Sadly lacking in his judgement of people though.

Young & foolish.

When doubt , prove !

Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 9:44 pm

I accept you don't particularly like me and that's fair enough- I was caught in a snappy mood last night and I don't want to get involved in a feud. To say that I'm responsible for us being bottom of the league is in my opinion extremely harsh- but then I would say that. Surely the people more to blame are those who have mismanaged the club so badly rather than those like me who mistakenly beleived they were doing a good job.

And fwiw, whilst I did hold Brent in a much higher regard than I do now, I would never have backed a statue. Have always said that should be reserved for if we ever make the top flight- but the way it's going at the moment I may have to revise that to Championship as the odds of us making the PL in any kind of foreseeable future are about the same as you, punchdrunk and I becoming best friends!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 9:59 pm

GreenSam wrote:
I accept you don't particularly like me and that's fair enough- I was caught in a snappy mood last night and I don't want to get involved in a feud. To say that I'm responsible for us being bottom of the league is in my opinion extremely harsh- but then I would say that. Surely the people more to blame are those who have mismanaged the club so badly rather than those like me who mistakenly beleived they were doing a good job.

And fwiw, whilst I did hold Brent in a much higher regard than I do now, I would never have backed a statue. Have always said that should be reserved for if we ever make the top flight- but the way it's going at the moment I may have to revise that to Championship as the odds of us making the PL in any kind of foreseeable future are about the same as you, punchdrunk and I becoming best friends!

In the name of Aviva pig
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 10:07 pm

GreenSam wrote:

Greensam, I wouldn't worry too much about what friio says. We all make mistakes and we all have the right to change our minds. You just have to be big enough to admit you made a mistake. You are big enough and have.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 10:10 pm

OK- sorry for making this thread too much about me. Went off on a mad one in reply. Thanks for the comments mouldy.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 10:22 pm

GreenSam wrote:

IF this is for MY benefit..........................

Dont like you ? Not at all. Just some free advice. Dont take everything personally like so many younger people do.
A father will chastise his child but still has unconditional love for them.

What i dont like is being bottom of the league despite a wealthy backer.
Supposed super fans who are clueless.

Actually me, you & punchdrunk would im sure get along fine.
Football is game of luck, opinions & ale !

The odds on argyle being in the 3rd divsion are long enough let along the 'championship'

Last edited by Lord Aviva on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 10:23 pm

GreenSam wrote:
OK- sorry for making this thread too much about me. Went off on a mad one in reply. Thanks for the comments mouldy.

Me me me me, you'd make a fantastic President Wink

Feck it Sam, you fought your corner and stood up for yourself nobody can blame you for doing it.

Just don't do it too often Laughing

I've had a look at the problem with you not being able to send PM's and I think it's fixed now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ken Bates wants us
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next