Warny
LondonGreen
Tringreen
Dingle
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Guy Branston - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guy Branston   Guy Branston - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 8:57 pm

I have never seen anyone head the ball that far. He has an enormous head and neck muscles like drain pipes. He is a perfect lower league centre half.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guy Branston   Guy Branston - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 9:02 pm

hairy j wrote:
I have never seen anyone head the ball that far. He has an enormous head and neck muscles like drain pipes. He is a perfect lower league centre half.

That is such fantastic wording, drain pipes. Smile Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Guy Branston   Guy Branston - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 10:26 pm

His physical presence seemed to be enough to put the Morecambe forwards off. He made a few decent headers/ blocks, but missed a few simple balls too. Seemed to organise the defence well, especially against the many corners.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guy Branston   Guy Branston - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 10:33 pm

Given our record at defending corners previously it should at least give people some heart that despite the many they had they scored from none of them. Not often you can say that after a match.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Guy Branston   Guy Branston - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 12:22 am

Fully agreed sensiblegreeny. Organised our defence excellently today and got on the end of so much. Seems more like the Purse of last season than the Purse of this.

Re: the earlier post. He looks more like an upgrade if today is anything to go by.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Guy Branston   Guy Branston - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 12:42 am

Morecambe were SHOCKINGLY bad, offensively.

We didn't do anything spectacularly well defensively - because we didn't need to, Morecambe were that bad.

For a long long time, I don't recall a team ever dominating so much at Home park and end up losing the game because they were so bad at the sharp end.

It's easy to see why they're struggling as well, if today is anything to go by.

Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Guy Branston   Guy Branston - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 12:51 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Morecambe were SHOCKINGLY bad, offensively.

We didn't do anything spectacularly well defensively - because we didn't need to, Morecambe were that bad.

For a long long time, I don't recall a team ever dominating so much at Home park and end up losing the game because they were so bad at the sharp end.

It's easy to see why they're struggling as well, if today is anything to go by.

They were literally us under Fletcher. Tapped the ball around the edge of the area and did sod all with it. We played the role of the opposition side who would soak it up, nip up the other end and know how to score. Complete role reversal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guy Branston   Guy Branston - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 1:14 am

I can see JS bringing in another defender for the reasons mentioned in the above and with others.

Defensivley we are not solid enough, While Branston is a welcome signing and certainly an improvement to Purse (who imo should seriously consider retirement in the summer and crack on with his coaching career) its still not going to be enough. Whilst our defenders are not crap indivdually we are just strong enough in the full backs area.

If i have to put a punt on it i would say a right/left full back will be coming in.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Guy Branston   Guy Branston - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 8:40 am

I think it's our midfield weaknesses that are bringing out the defensive deficencies. We never seem to be first to the second ball and there's not enough pressing on the team in possesion giving the defense a lot more to do in their part of the park. Yesterday I thought they were reasonably competent.

I think there must still be questions to be answered about fitness but, possibly, there's a place for Wotts to come in and sit in front of the back four.

It's a mammoth task ahead but there's a glimmer of hope now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guy Branston   Guy Branston - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 9:45 am

I agree with Charlie, Nalis would take the pressure off the defence, what would you give to see him back in his prime? Wotton is past it now IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guy Branston   Guy Branston - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 11:09 am

I agree that the problem is not in the back four. We need players who are capable of holding onto the ball in the mid-field as well as the attack. We need players who can find space and time on the ball.

If our attacks break down it puts the defence under too much pressure. I am unsure if Wotton or Blanchard is the answer to a player to play in the slot in front of the defence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guy Branston   Guy Branston - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 11:42 am

knecht wrote:
I agree that the problem is not in the back four. We need players who are capable of holding onto the ball in the mid-field as well as the attack. We need players who can find space and time on the ball.

If our attacks break down it puts the defence under too much pressure. I am unsure if Wotton or Blanchard is the answer to a player to play in the slot in front of the defence.

I think Nelson will be given the chance to play in midfield knecht. He played there in the youth team and the only real reason he has been used in the defence is because he's relatively tall and we had few options elsewhere in the squad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guy Branston   Guy Branston - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 11:59 am

hairy j wrote:
knecht wrote:

I think Nelson will be given the chance to play in midfield knecht. He played there in the youth team and the only real reason he has been used in the defence is because he's relatively tall and we had few options elsewhere in the squad.

When I saw both he and Blanchard had been selected, I had first expected Nelson to be in mid-field. But all his recent experience has been in defence so, if he's selected, I would expect him to play there. Someone elsewhere has said that the Tranmere fans had said that Blanchard's best role is in midfield. Maybe with such a strong squad, we are spoilt for choice! At the moment it's good to have the options.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guy Branston   Guy Branston - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Guy Branston
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3