Grovehill
Pete1886
Chemical Ali
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Burnley Match Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnley Match Thread   Burnley Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:28 pm

Burnley- Stanislaus- miss over the bar 1-1
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Burnley Match Thread   Burnley Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:29 pm

Argo- Hourihane misses saved again
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Burnley Match Thread   Burnley Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:29 pm

Poor pen from Hourihane

Burnley- Hewitt- scores 2-1
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Burnley Match Thread   Burnley Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:30 pm

Argo (last pen) - Blanchard- Scores 2-2
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Burnley Match Thread   Burnley Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:30 pm

Come on Coley
Back to top Go down

Argyle are not only the worst side in the entire league, they are also crap at penalties...woeful against exeter last season and all
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Burnley Match Thread   Burnley Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:31 pm

Burnley- Stock- Goal 3-2. We're out but good effort
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Burnley Match Thread   Burnley Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:31 pm

A real shame.
Back to top Go down

Excellent performance from the Argyle!
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

Thanks CA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Burnley Match Thread   Burnley Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:32 pm

shonbo wrote:
Thanks CA

Seconded. I haven't got Argyle World and the BBC website got stuck on 99 minutes.

I hope they take something from this game as we did play a side two leagues above and only lost (just) on penalties.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Burnley Match Thread   Burnley Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:34 pm

You can sleep easy now punchdrunk.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Burnley Match Thread   Burnley Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:35 pm

Happy to help, pity we couldn't have won. Jensen pulled off some good saves and I remember he saved a few in the Prem. Radio Devon said there were some good performances from Berry, ATD's Williams and PCH.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Burnley Match Thread   Burnley Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:35 pm

Close but no cigar ...... good effot Cool
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Burnley Match Thread   Burnley Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:36 pm

Twas a good effort but the fact remains that we haven't scored a goal in open play this season [excluding the Pompey game],nor in three pre season games against professional opposition.Unless this is addressed very quickly [it should have been properly addressed during the summer],then trouble lies ahead in more ways than one.Bet Burnley get drawn away to Man U or somebody now.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Burnley Match Thread   Burnley Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:37 pm

It's true...losing IS a habit
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Burnley Match Thread   Burnley Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:38 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Twas a good effort but the fact remains that we haven't scored a goal in open play this season [excluding the Pompey game],nor in three pre season games against professional opposition.Unless this is addressed very quickly [it should have been properly addressed during the summer],then trouble lies ahead in more ways than one.Bet Burnley get drawn away to Man U or somebody now.

Fletcher is talking about getting some players in and shipping some out (maybe the latter must come first) before Friday's deadline. Vassell is said to be going to Bideford with Harper-Penman. Copp is also available on loan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Burnley Match Thread   Burnley Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:39 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Oh behave ..
We are still shit, no doubt our "plucky" performance tonight will have bought Fletcher some more time. luckily for you

Sensible Greeny and Hairy J ...official members of the keep argyle shit movement
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Burnley Match Thread   Burnley Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:39 pm

Credit where its due, would have given us something to cheer about, but as somebody said still have'nt scored in open play.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Burnley Match Thread   Burnley Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:40 pm

Quote :
Meanwhile, Fletcher has admitted he is trying to bring in players at Argyle as well as move some on.

Fletcher would not go into any more detail about that, however, such as which positions in the team he wanted to strengthen.

The summer transfer window closes at 11pm on Friday, although clubs in the Football League can make loan signings until November.

Fletcher said: "We need to bring players in, and we need to get rid of players.

"That's what we have been trying to do since May really, so it's no different."

Fletcher has already loaned out one of Argyle's first-year professionals to Southern League Premier Division side Bideford.

And winger Jed Harper-Penman could be joined at the Recreation Ground by another 18-year-old Pilgrims' rookie, striker Isaac Vassell, who had a loan spell at Conference South club Truro City last season.

Fletcher said: "Penners has gone to Bideford and I think Vass might be going there as well. It will be great for both of them."

Another of Argyle's first-year professionals, midfielder Jordan Copp, could also be sent out on loan to gain experience of first team football.

"I think it would definitely help his development to play some proper men's football," said Fletcher.

Macdonald Bid
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Burnley Match Thread   Burnley Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:40 pm

I keep telling everyone losing is a habit ! lol!

Sounds like a decent effort tonight, hope its not used an excuse for a below par performance on Saturday.

Back to top Go down

punchdrunk wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Oh behave ..
We are still shit, no doubt our "plucky" performance tonight will have bought Fletcher some more time. luckily for you

Sensible Greeny and Hairy J ...official members of the keep argyle shit movement

You are genuinely insane.
Back to top Go down
Greenrod

Greenrod

PostSubject: Re: Burnley Match Thread   Burnley Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:45 pm

Now we can concentrate on promotion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Burnley Match Thread   Burnley Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:46 pm

What ever makes you think I'm a Fletcher fan? I haven't given him any support that I can recall anywhere. You're clutching at straws there. Didn't say anywhere we have suddenly become a premier outfit either. However, this was a team 2 leagues above and we ran them close so it wasn't the mullering you predicted and oh how that must irritate. We lost it's true and no matter how you dress it up we aren't in that competition anymore. Wanting Argyle to win though isn't a crime as it happens to be the team I support so why wouldn't I. Aviva????? oh behave yourself.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Burnley Match Thread   Burnley Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:50 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
What ever makes you think I'm a Fletcher fan? I haven't given him any support that I can recall anywhere. You're clutching at straws there. Didn't say anywhere we have suddenly become a premier outfit either. However, this was a team 2 leagues above and we ran them close so it wasn't the mullering you predicted and oh how that must irritate. We lost it's true and no matter how you dress it up we aren't in that competition anymore. Wanting Argyle to win though isn't a crime as it happens to be the team I support so why wouldn't I. Aviva????? oh behave yourself.

I doubt it was a full strength side
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burnley Match Thread   Burnley Match Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Burnley Match Thread
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next