tcm
Dougie
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

We'll meet again - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We'll meet again   We'll meet again - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 6:33 pm

What a waste of money.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: We'll meet again   We'll meet again - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 6:40 pm

well i would of liked to see a mass cravat drop followed by dog turds,but over all good efort,9/10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We'll meet again   We'll meet again - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 6:43 pm

if exeter win the next game they will never live it down
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: We'll meet again   We'll meet again - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:04 pm

Small minded, stupid, totally lacking in class.

Got Webb and Newell written all over it.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: We'll meet again   We'll meet again - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:14 pm

On a serious note can't Nikkkkkk just give his money to the club. He must be in for over 200k via the auctions etc. Real cash in hand money and probably(?) more that JB.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We'll meet again   We'll meet again - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We'll meet again   We'll meet again - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:44 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
What a waste of money.

Is this just a money laundering scam or another way of argyle avoiding paying tax? would be interesting to see if legitimate receipts are available for all these purchases and how the auctions are accounted for. All looks a bit dodgy to me, especially with Newell and Co involved
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We'll meet again   We'll meet again - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:59 pm

The Red Star wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:
What a waste of money.

Is this just a money laundering scam or another way of argyle avoiding paying tax? would be interesting to see if legitimate receipts are available for all these purchases and how the auctions are accounted for. All looks a bit dodgy to me, especially with Newell and Co involved

Aside from the allegation you make, the point is that it was paid for by a (clearly rich) supporter not the club.

My concerns include the fact that it will inflame the supporters who are so inclined.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We'll meet again   We'll meet again - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:16 pm

Better get some more Matchday Care Assistance in then knecht...........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We'll meet again   We'll meet again - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:18 pm

Is that to replace the St John's people who weren't paid last time?

Would the team soon be called "match-day performance providers"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We'll meet again   We'll meet again - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:21 pm

See, you're hooked now aren't you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We'll meet again   We'll meet again - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:34 pm

I can imagine the scenario at a match where the game isn't going our way .... an announcement comes over the new tannoy system ..... "Your custom is important to us. Unfortunately we are experiencing a higher than expected level of abuse. Please hold on and we will respond to your complaint as soon as we are able. In the meantime, please hold on." .... cue soothing music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We'll meet again   We'll meet again - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:47 pm

The boy's on fire now there is no stopping him. Who would provide the music knecht? I vote the Demport Choir or they play the Match of the Day theme.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We'll meet again   We'll meet again - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:43 pm

Get over yourselves . It was banter old fashioned banter , Expensive banter but banter all the same . I've seen things ten times worse on this site and and on Pasoti .

How an individual wants to spend his money his concern .

I note a few of those criticising don't put a penny into Argyle . Their choice of course and total freedom of choice . However its a bit "village" to tell others how to to act and spend their money .
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: We'll meet again   We'll meet again - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:46 pm

So nobody can explain why and how We'll Meet Again was insulting then?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: We'll meet again   We'll meet again - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:53 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

I think many years ago some Grecians taunted some on Pasoti with that phrase when we left them behind after getting promoted..?

So someone must have thought it would be funny to rub the message back in their face?

I guess about ten people at Sid James Park would have got the joke...

Last edited by Rickler on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We'll meet again   We'll meet again - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:55 pm

It wasn't insulting SFD it was a waste of bloody good money for a not very good attempt at banter. I mean, why would you bother for christ sake. If it was this bloke Nikkk then why doesn't he do something positive like buy us a fecking new striker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We'll meet again   We'll meet again - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 11:03 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
It wasn't insulting SFD it was a waste of bloody good money for a not very good attempt at banter. I mean, why would you bother for christ sake. If it was this bloke Nikkk then why doesn't he do something positive like buy us a fecking new striker.

Quite simply he can't . League rules forbid it .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We'll meet again   We'll meet again - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 11:06 pm

He could donate in the form of an unsecured loan with no return date for the purchase of a striker if he wished and it would have nothing to do with current budget or anything else. The club would only have to find the wages out of the 55% expenditure on wages allowed. Purchase of players has nothing whatsoever to do with the 55%.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We'll meet again   We'll meet again - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 11:11 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
He could donate in the form of an unsecured loan with no return date for the purchase of a striker if he wished and it would have nothing to do with current budget or anything else. The club would only have to find the wages out of the 55% expenditure on wages allowed. Purchase of players has nothing whatsoever to do with the 55%.

Mate I've been into it and it won't work . I fear Fletcher may have spent the "competitive budget " on quantity rather than quality . I do think there is something in reserve though . Blame the Malignant 7 not the new regime . Those guys effed us up big time and for many years to come . This div ision has strict rules .
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: We'll meet again   We'll meet again - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 11:20 pm

JB said that he doesn't need the money or at least the Trusts 400K so it's doubtful he needs anyone's else. It would have to be a gift because their is precious left to buy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We'll meet again   We'll meet again - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 11:22 pm

No it hasn't greengenes don't be so naive. Fleetwood with their 15000 supporters (not) could not have afforded all the new incumbents they have and neither could Crawley last term either. An owner could buy out of his own pocket any number of players he wanted to as long as you can pay them within the 55%. I see nothing in the FA rules about transfer fees coming out of that figure it is a wage cap. Maybe the previous lot did feck us over but Brent could put his hand in his pocket if he was so inclined. Simple fact is he isn't inclined but don't be taken in by all the FA is watching us bollocks. I'm saying that as one who has not flinched at continuing with my support of Argyle and have bought a season ticket not one of the totally disaffected. James Brent has done nothing so far to warrant sainthood.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We'll meet again   We'll meet again - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 11:26 pm

Well for the unititiated this is why we used We'll Meet Again:

During the 80's. 90's and early 2000's we sang "We'll Score Again" and "We'll Score Again" was also a City fanzine.

When we were relegated to the Conference there were around 30 Argyle fans in the Southend End who sang..."We'll Never Play You Again". You were in the Championship and some of your scum supporters thought it would be great to see us defunct. We never forgot.

When the time came for City to play you again it was time for a little ironic revenge. T shrts printed and sold. The first time we played you I wore a "We'll Never Play you Again" T shirt. The word Never was crossed out in red.....you see the irony now. Still have the T shirt and will post a picture.

When you played us at SJP the tannoy played "We'll Meet Again" twice. Humour, no malice, a pisstake yes, nothing more. It would appear the likes of Newell, Webb and Co are not intelligent enough (surprise surprise) to get irony and also see us as the big club now.

So you really missed the point. The plane stunt was also missed by the most at the ground, because the pilot flew too low and close to the Big Bank. I was in the Flybe stand and saw and heard nothing.

Good try, by must try better...maybe let us know it is happening next time or indeed fly when there are no clouds in the sky.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: We'll meet again   We'll meet again - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

I think many years ago some Grecians taunted some on Pasoti with that phrase when we left them behind after getting promoted..?

So someone must have thought it would be funny to rub the message back in their face?

So we gave it all that "you'll never play here again" at ome park when we won 3-0, they responded with "we'll meet again" on Pasoti and then reprised it at St James's when we got relegated? And now this. That's top bants that is. Loves me bants I do. Class.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: We'll meet again   We'll meet again - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 11:40 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

So we gave it all that "you'll never play here again" at ome park when we won 3-0, they responded with "we'll meet again" on Pasoti and then reprised it at St James's when we got relegated? And now this. That's top bants that is. Loves me bants I do. Class.

Agreed .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We'll meet again   We'll meet again - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

We'll meet again
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next