Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.

Go down 
+14
Clodagh Rubbish
Greenlander
Freathy
Tgwu
mouldyoldgoat
Greenskin
Les Miserable
Lord Melbury
Czarcasm
PlymptonPilgrim
seadog
Earwegoagain
Hugh Midde
harvetheslayer
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Freathy

Freathy

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2021 9:46 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Freathy wrote:
"Brexiteers have now launched a furious attack against the EU, warning more of its nations are preparing to leave the bloc after realising the huge benefits of Brexit.

The European Council President seems to think highly of a country mapping out its own destiny....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The problem is that people like Vladimir Putin immediately smell something fishy when a Brussels third-rater endeavours to cozy up to a country who's border nestles slap bang against that of Mother Russia. While Putin and his top military are less than happy that Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania are fully paid up members of NATO they're gonna nip in the bud any chance of the less powerful EU adding another charm to it's bracelet which is why they not only annexed the Crimea Peninsula with it's dockyards, anchorage and airfields but impounded severel Ukrainian warships in the bargain.  

I never said that quote

This page on Mon 23 Aug - 14:39

That line was in quotation marks from your post.

I said:
No other EU member state is preparing to leave the EU nor would they even consider leaving. No other EU Member State is that stupid.

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2021 11:20 pm

I see that now, it was in my post first, you quoted it and then hugh quoted you with it.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2021 5:33 pm

Freathy wrote:
"Brexiteers have now launched a furious attack against the EU, warning more of its nations are preparing to leave the bloc after realising the huge benefits of Brexit."

No other EU member state is preparing to leave the EU nor would they even consider leaving.  No other EU Member State is that stupid.

The above merely confirms your servile sympathies as regards the EU. Meanwhile there are many of us who voted leave and won the right to do so and therefore fully agree with the sentiments expressed by Charles Michel the President of the European Council when he said: "I will go straight to the point, Independence means sovereignty, and it also means territorial integrity within internationally recognised borders".

I imagine Michel would have preferred that much of that statement had remained dead and buried. However, I'm fully in agreement with it and am only saddened that the organisation he helps to lead now chooses to make life difficult for a country which wishes to return to it's former style of governance. One should also take note of the pressure that Brussels is now applying to Switzerland to submit to the European Court of Justice (little or no remainer comment) and therefore control and more control seems to be the EU's raison d'etre.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 11 EmptySun Aug 29, 2021 8:37 am

The EU model works very closely with the globalist capitalist policy of getting everything made in sweatshops in Asia and Africa then killing the planet whilst massive boats kill us and the planet by burning heavy fuel oil whilst they are doing so, now I am hoping that covid has put paid to this model as with the cost benefits gone we are killing ourselves and doing our own manufacturing down.

Retailers have blamed rising shipping, freight and raw material costs for big increases in the prices of garden furniture over the past two years.

Consumer group Which? found some items were about twice as expensive as they were in 2019.

In one case it found the price of a shed sold by a leading DIY retailer was 155% dearer in 2021.

Retailers pointed to availability issues and said they were working with suppliers to keep prices down.

The "eye-watering" rises tended to occur at times when delays at UK ports were particularly severe, Which? said.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 3:31 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Retailers have blamed rising shipping, freight and raw material costs for big increases in the prices of garden furniture over the past two years. Consumer group Which? found some items were about twice as expensive as they were in 2019.

Angela Rayner Labour's deputy leader came something close to paraphasing Margaret Thatcher when she said, "The thing about labour shortages (hgv drivers?) is that the market value of resources in short supply mean demand and prices invariably go up".
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 3:47 am

Its fair to say that the entire country now accepts its an enormous clusterfvck with zero benefits
Catastrophic doesn't come remotely close....we have to accept that the Eton toffs mugged us off and they're enriched themselves by millions and millions off the back of it

Just a matter of time before we rejoin with our head bowed and rightfully so. The obscene corruption can be dealt with later
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 8:12 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Its fair to say that the entire country now accepts its an enormous clusterfvck with zero benefits
Catastrophic doesn't come remotely close....we have to accept that the Eton toffs mugged us off and they're enriched themselves by millions and millions off the back of it

Just a matter of time before we rejoin with our head bowed and rightfully so. The obscene corruption can be dealt with later

Absolute bollacks we would have the same result if the ref was re run today.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 10:29 am

CLAIMS Brexit has been the cause of HGV driver shortages across the country have been debunked after the US, Germany, France and Spain have also reported shortages.

according to research by Transport Intelligence, the driver shortage is also affecting mainland Europe, with the shortage to be estimated at around 400,000.

Following the research, many have hit back at the claims Brexit was the cause of the driver crisis.

The research found Germany was missing between 45,000 and 60,000 truck drivers in 2020 and the number is increasing.

The international road transport organisation, IRU, predicted a gap of 185,000 drivers by 2027 in Germany.

France has also faced a similar crisis with the country facing a shortage of approximately 43,000 drivers since 2019.

The crisis has also extended to the US, as companies are trying to bring in drivers from abroad for the first time.

Jose Gomez-Urquiza, the chief executive officer of Visa Solutions, an immigration agency with a focus on the transportation industry, said: "We’re living through the worst driver shortage that we’ve seen in recent history, by far."

Not mention on any news channel
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 10:37 am

You won’t see it on any news channel because it would prove that they are lying cnuts when it comes to Brexit.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 10:48 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
You won’t see it on any news channel because it would prove that they are lying cnuts when it comes to Brexit.

there is a very severe shortage of lorry drivers in Poland,
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 10:59 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

The country has changed quite a bit since 2016 with young people, too young to vote at the time but now able to vote, who are greatly adversely affected by this debacle imposed on them by old people would now make it a resounding remain (re-join) victory.  When Bozo and co have been consigned to the dustbin and we have a responsible government in place those young people will get a chance to put this right.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 12:19 pm

Freathy wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

The country has changed quite a bit since 2016 with young people, too young to vote at the time but now able to vote, who are greatly adversely affected by this debacle imposed on them by old people would now make it a resounding remain (re-join) victory.  When Bozo and co have been consigned to the dustbin and we have a responsible government in place those young people will get a chance to put this right.

Another myth, my boys both voted Brexit quite independently of me, my boys girlfriend voted Brexit and that was before we knew her, both my boys mates had a majority of leave views. Yet funnily enough my parents, the wife's parents and all their friends that I know we're staunch remainers. They are all in the eighties and won't be around to vote very soon.
Why exactly did Labour voters leave Labour and vote Bojo in with a landslide with the slogan "let's just get it done?" Answer because the majority of Britain are anti EU.
Also my youngest boys GF said the other day that if anybody is out of work it's because they don't want to work, there are literally thousands of jobs out there and what's more the wages are going up because of it. Why would they vote to have a return of cheap foreign labour driving their standard of living down? The Myths need distancing from the reality.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 2:18 pm

Freathy wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

They would not if they knew they be called up into the new EU Army
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 3:07 pm

With regard to “Taking Back Control of Our Borders” I can confirm that it is an epic clusterfuck.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 8:36 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
With regard to “Taking Back Control of Our Borders” I can confirm that it is an epic clusterfuck.

Pull yer finger out then Frank.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 2:40 pm

Tgwu wrote:
CLAIMS Brexit has been the cause of HGV driver shortages across the country have been debunked after the US, Germany, France and Spain have also reported shortages.

according to research by Transport Intelligence, the driver shortage is also affecting mainland Europe, with the shortage to be estimated at around 400,000.

Following the research, many have hit back at the claims Brexit was the cause of the driver crisis.

The research found Germany was missing between 45,000 and 60,000 truck drivers in 2020 and the number is increasing.

The international road transport organisation, IRU, predicted a gap of 185,000 drivers by 2027 in Germany.

France has also faced a similar crisis with the country facing a shortage of approximately 43,000 drivers since 2019.

The crisis has also extended to the US, as companies are trying to bring in drivers from abroad for the first time.

Jose Gomez-Urquiza, the chief executive officer of Visa Solutions, an immigration agency with a focus on the transportation industry, said: "We’re living through the worst driver shortage that we’ve seen in recent history, by far."

Not mention on any news channel

While meticulously ironing my shirts British Army style, LBC Radio mentioned that Covid restrictions had seriously interfered with the training and licencing of all classes of lorry drivers including that of HGV. It also mentioned that supplies were also hampered because it meant that no new drivers were stepping forward to replace those drivers who were themselves suffering the consequences of the epidemic. The fact that many thousands of our most experienced drivers had also reached retirement age also added to the countries burden.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 6:26 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I've mentioned before many times about how all the "free money" the EU gave us then got divided out by councils and quangos like the £3m given to the Tamar Valley mining heritage project I doubt that more than £300k went on actual work all the rest went to county councils, English heritage, natural England etc. Also as the bus said that £3m cost us £5m in payments to the EU.

More misinformed nonsense I'm afraid.

It didn't work like that. Projects were worked up by the applicants, and if approved, grants were awarded, normally 50% of the costs with the the rest being found from their own budgets or central government. Grants were paid when the work had started, if the grant was for £5m, they got £5m. There were many top quality projects approved over the years, without the EU there wouldn't be a university in Cornwall, there wouldn't be an Eden project, just two which have delivered a great deal of economic benefits.Before you ask I was heavily involved in managing the programmes, so I do know.

All this sounds bounteous and wonderful that Brussels is showering us with all this money. However, we mustn't lose sight of the fact that after Germany we were for many years the second biggest net contributor to the EU's very deep pockets.

2019 which was to be the UK's last year as a member of the EU. However, being a member meant the UK continued to make payments and contributions to the EU budget therefore the UK did receive funds from the EU for funding for various agricultural, social, economic development programmes.

So, 2019 sees the UK made a final gross contribution of £14.4 billion and then received £5 billion back in public sector receipts from the EU which means the UK's net public sector contributions to the EU fell to an estimated £9.4 billion. In short, we are merely thankful for getting some of our money back.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 8:10 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I've mentioned before many times about how all the "free money" the EU gave us then got divided out by councils and quangos like the £3m given to the Tamar Valley mining heritage project I doubt that more than £300k went on actual work all the rest went to county councils, English heritage, natural England etc. Also as the bus said that £3m cost us £5m in payments to the EU.

More misinformed nonsense I'm afraid.

It didn't work like that. Projects were worked up by the applicants, and if approved, grants were awarded, normally 50% of the costs with the the rest being found from their own budgets or central government. Grants were paid when the work had started, if the grant was for £5m, they got £5m. There were many top quality projects approved over the years, without the EU there wouldn't be a university in Cornwall, there wouldn't be an Eden project, just two which have delivered a great deal of economic benefits.Before you ask I was heavily involved in managing the programmes, so I do know.

All this sounds bounteous and wonderful that Brussels is showering us with all this money. However, we mustn't lose sight of the fact that after Germany we were for many years the second biggest net contributor to the EU's very deep pockets.

2019 which was to be the UK's last year as a member of the EU. However, being a member meant the UK continued to make payments and contributions to the EU budget therefore the UK did receive funds from the EU for funding for various agricultural, social, economic development programmes.

So, 2019 sees the UK made a final gross contribution of £14.4 billion and then received £5 billion back in public sector receipts from the EU which means the UK's net public sector contributions to the EU fell to an estimated £9.4 billion. In short, we are merely thankful for getting some of our money back.  

We just would have wasted it on social care or community housing.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 5:43 am

Sarah Murphy at her very best....

Such a huge relief that all the time, energy and money that has been spent on Brexit for the last 5yrs has paid us back so handsomely.
Can you imagine the outcry if it had turned out to be a totally pointless and utterly moronic shower of shit with absolutely no benefits whatsoever

cheers
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 7:10 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Sarah Murphy at her very best....

Such a huge relief that all the time, energy and money that has been spent on Brexit for the last 5yrs has paid us back so handsomely.
Can you imagine the outcry if it had turned out to be a totally pointless and utterly moronic shower of shit with absolutely no benefits whatsoever

cheers

We are all living in the present time not five years ago as you lot are. As was mentioned last night we have saved about seven billion pounds a year with our EU bung. As for everything else we have record job vacancies, wages are going up and that is after eighteen months of a worldwide pandemic. Imagine where we would be now without COVID?
Sarah Murphy makes no valid arguments whatsoever just repeats the same old mantra.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 7:24 am

An interesting piece from an actual lorry driver,

Nick Downing, an HGV owner and driver, has been in the role for 43 years and seen how the industry and working conditions have changed over time.
When he started out in the late 1970s, parking overnight and using free facilities in towns like public bathrooms was quite common. He says most have now closed, leaving few options available when driving in the UK.
"On the Continent, their facilities are a lot better than our own and I think that's a lot of the reason why the younger generation are not coming into the job."
He says that conditions "get worse every week" and people are often not very understanding.
"People don't want you parking in their back gardens or parking in lay-bys, and we don't want to either, to be honest," he adds.
"We're away five or six nights a week. We just want to feel secure and have facilities with a toilet and shower block. I don't think that's a lot to ask in the 21st century."
He says that the time taken to find somewhere suitable to park at night can have a knock-on effect, delaying deliveries and resulting in lost revenues the next day.
Due to his experiences, Mr Downing says he cannot recommend his profession to young people.
"It's a sad thing to say, but I don't think you should. Maybe pay a bit more attention at school, instead of kicking a ball about like I did."

We do need a kick up the arse still, more facilities needed, more training needed and more importantly we need to tell all our "key workers" that they are valued and not dismiss any concerns with the old mantra that "you're lucky to have a job.
As for the training we have massive skills shortages in many industries including building but since we made university education into a business we are over run with surf scientists and media studies experts.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 1:20 pm

Freathy wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Meanwhile these are the EU toffs that started the mugging ball rolling...

Using your logic perhaps the young people who reached military signing-on age (18) in 1944 ) should have been offered a referendum as to whether to continue the war. The whole thing you suggest is ridiculous as prior to the vote which remainers (including the BBC) thought would be a cakewalk, no such opinion was ever voiced.

May I draw your attention to my post dated Aug 27 5:33pm where I passed comment regarding the EU's attempts to make Switzerland submit to the tender care of the European Court of Justice. I see no remainer comment was forthcoming.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 2:26 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Trying my best to salvage something from the clusterfuck and provide some sort of workable service. Covid has masked the problems but it’s all coming to a head as everything opens up.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 2:32 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Trying my best to salvage something from the clusterfuck and provide some sort of workable service. Covid has masked the problems but it’s all coming to a head as everything opens up.

Shorely Covid is the problem? My BIL works in border force and he says that they have had loads of problems with BF being pinged and something about working in bubbles of ten people. He says it's ridiculous that they have to keep all their colleagues at a distance but when they get to the departure lounge there are literally thousands of people packed in like sardines because they don't have enough staff to manage the queues. It's very quiet for travel now as you know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 2:48 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Shorely Covid is the problem? My BIL works in border force and he says that they have had loads of problems with BF being pinged and something about working in bubbles of ten people. He says it's ridiculous that they have to keep all their colleagues at a distance but when they get to the departure lounge there are literally thousands of people packed in like sardines because they don't have enough staff to manage the queues. It's very quiet for travel now as you know.

The problem is because of Brexit we are targeting people who have lived in the UK and contributed to society, but now have to apply to stay here. If their application is rejected they can be refused entry. The ones being rejected are usually those that are trying to do the right thing but have made administrative errors. More often than not it’s family groups where the kids applications have been messed up.

Now we no longer have access to the SIS II system, criminals and sex offenders can come through undetected.

The only light on the horizon is that the Government plan to force as many people through the E-gates as possible and therefore avoid scrutiny by an officer.

There was a pingdemic problem at Heathrow but that was a minor issue compared to Brexit.

I respect that you voted for something better. This isn’t better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.
Page 11 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 35  Next