mouldyoldgoat
Dog Bone Malone
PatDunne
Earwegoagain
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 31 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 8:09 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
I think very few people are remotely interested in what Cummings has to say, & fewer still believe him anyway.

nothing he says is worth a dam.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 31 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 8:16 pm

He not making it easy for someone to employ him.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 31 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2021 4:19 am

This was exactly what I thought of it. Editing made it appear that Kuenssberg was "surprised" at everything

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Campbell summed it up superbly and his comments should resonate with the Tory Fanboys here

"A right-wing cabal of liars, crooks and charlatans delivered Brexit and delivered the worst PM in our history. And this becalmed dumbed down nation shrugs shoulders and mutters ‘is what it is …’ A country with self respect would do whatever it takes to get these bastards out"

Didnt learn too much other than Johnson is toast at the Public Enquiry but we knew that anyway but that clearly needs to start now

Kuenssberg looked ill to say the least. I had to google her age at 44 she looked nearer to 60. Thats Dominic Rabb for you.

Unsurprisingly Cummings was not happy with the edit but £145,000 doubtless soothed his bank account
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 31 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2021 8:06 am

Not even the main architect of vote leave is sure Brexit was a good idea.  British people totally conned and lied to into voting for this disaster of which the full catastrophic effects are still yet to be realised.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 31 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2021 10:26 am

Freathy wrote:
British people totally conned and lied to into voting for this disaster of which the full catastrophic effects are still yet to be realised.
We shall see.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 31 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2021 1:31 pm

Oh dear Harve and Freathers your slips are showing as someone would have said. MMR was politicised by the anti vaxx mob whose leaders have all mainly been driven by developing fake news into cash streams, they then all immediately jumped ship onto Covid for te same reasons and have now been joined by the manic remainers. The last few posts in "The Cinese Virus Thread" shows without a doubt the motivation from them.
This is all enough of a balls up without all the thousands of tonnes of bullshit and politically led drivel that everybody is bombarded with on a daily basis. Anybody that keeps up this obsessive shit needs to have a word with themselves and then hang their heads in shame because they are all as much of the problem as the government, self motivated feckin liars. Period.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 31 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2021 1:38 pm

Yesterday we went up to North Devon and spent a day on Putsborough all cool until I had to walk between about forty uni students trying to rent paddle boards not giving a fook, blocking walkways and generally being posh twats.Went on to Lee Bay for a night and as soon as away from the crowds very non threatening. The Grampus are still making people book and ushering you eventually to your table, glad to be out of the coastal area mid Devon was much more laid back.
If anyone is planning to go for a pub meal anywhere decent I would book we saw loads of people being turned away.
As for big crowds driving through Bideford there were about sixty coppers and loads of plain cloths guys around a Hall bedecked with Union Jacks, coppers had masks on but massive crowd of people. I reckon it was Chas and Cammy kissing some babies before taking their germs onto the Duke of York.
Seeing shit like that does make you ask yourself why bother?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 31 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2021 4:40 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
He not making it easy for someone to employ him.

who would do hes a snakey person who acts like a jilted ex. Lets not forget he broke the lockdown rules driving to the north testing out his eyesight and was let off with it when others where fined.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 31 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2021 6:19 pm

Covid cases are down for the fourth consecutive day in the UK, latest daily figures show.
The UK recorded 36,389 new infections - a further drop from 46,558 logged on 20 July.
It is too soon to say if cases have peaked, however, given that the statistics do not capture the impact of unlocking that happened on 19 July.
One expert said it will take a few weeks after relaxing restrictions to know for certain.
Prof Paul Hunter from the University of East Anglia said: "I would caution that this may just be a temporary slowing in reports before we start to see a return to exponential growth towards the end of next week as a result of the ending of restrictions last week.

I reckon that's the Euro peak tailing off, I expect this is all over the Remainer Facebook pages?
A mate of mine is isolating because his son has it. I hardly knew anybody in the first and second waves yet now know of at least seven all under thirty. My BIL has been working in ICU and said they had 3 on ventilators one of whom was 32.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 31 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2021 6:43 pm

Good news that cases appear to be falling.
Heard of several people who’ve had it this time around.
I went to get some plumbing fittings this morning only to find the merchants all locked ip.
Apparently several employees have gone down with it & everyone else was pinged.
Saw George Eustace on TV this morning being asked about priority workers.
Was quite clear they haven’t a clue how to tackle this pinging problem but are determined to keep going with the app.
The problem may well sort itself out as everyone deletes the app & a spell of poor weather would help as there’s no incentive to get an unscheduled period of time off to go to the beach.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 31 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2021 11:58 pm

Nail on head with your last sentence.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 31 EmptySat Jul 24, 2021 10:19 am

I'd come to the conclusion a few days back that all this is the government manoeuvering into a position whereby any further rise could be spun back at the public as 'while we let you do it, we advised you not to' and it seems to be the unofficial policy.

“What we are seeing is a decision by the government to get as many people infected as possible, as quickly as possible, while using rhetoric about caution as a way of putting the blame on the public for the consequences,” said Prof Robert West, a health psychologist at University College London who participates in Sage’s behavioural science subgroup.

“It looks like the government judges that the damage to health and healthcare services will be worth the political capital it will gain from this approach,” West said, adding that ministers appear to believe the strategy is now sustainable – unlike last year – because of the vaccine rollout.

It's from the Guardian but I don't doubt it
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 31 EmptySat Jul 24, 2021 10:21 am

From the guardian, what a surprise!

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 31 EmptySat Jul 24, 2021 11:25 am

I saw one of the lads that caught it at the Euros last night, six went up for final and five caught it. He said the testing before the game was a waste of time because there were about two hundred thousand fans outside Wembley in a massive very packed crowd.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 31 EmptySat Jul 24, 2021 6:11 pm

Gee, even I have succumbed to the ping and a 10 day isolation period. Last week I was alerted to the fact that I had been in close contact with someone who had tested positive for covid-19. I rang 119 and explained that I had hardly been out of the property that I dwell at, other than the co-op and chemist. I informed my landlord asap.

Low and behold the landlord gets back to me and says that a young chap in one of the other flats had tested positive. Great I thought, never speak to the chap, or see him for that matter.

Roll on Tuesday morning when it ends !!. Done three tests and all were negative.

Three other tenants told the landlord that they would not isolate and one does not even have a phone. He lives next door to the young chap and always has his door open from the crack of dawn until late at night. If anyone catches it, it may well be him.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 31 EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 8:50 am

According to the Telegraph virus infections have halved in the last week, quite surprised that the media in general weren't crowing about it the same way they were when the infections were going up.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 31 EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 11:01 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
According to the Telegraph virus infections have halved in the last week, quite surprised that the media in general weren't crowing about it the same way they were when the infections were going up.

As the late Humphrey Bogart used to say, "That's the way the piss-pot cracks".

Early Saturday morning saw me ironing my shirts with my usual military precision while listening to Andrew Pierce discussing the latest Covid news on LBC Radio. Pierce went on to say, "my next guest is Professor John Ashton" which straightaway told me what was coming my way.....

Here is Professor Ashton (who keeps showing up) in full flow....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 31 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2021 7:52 am

Earwegoagain wrote:

Gone from a peak of 54,000 just over a week ago to 24,000 yesterday. Plymouth as a microcosm was a perfect example of the Euro’s gathering thousands of unvaccinated under30’s together and spreading Covid rapidly. I literally know a couple dozen either socially or through work that got it that way. There’ll almost certainly be another rise fairly soon with nightclubs opening last Monday, you couldn’t get a more perfect breeding ground than a hot sweaty club with hundreds in it.

It does bring a level of herd immunity into play as well though and it doesn’t immediately strain the NHS because of the age demographic. What is key also is the mentality factor of those getting infected. The ones getting it are to a larger degree the ones who ( I was gonna say couldn’t give a fcuk) are less concerned about the pandemic. So them getting it is better going forward due to their mentality and the fact that they’d be more of a spread risk in the future.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 31 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 11:01 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 31 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 12:25 pm

Lol.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 3:44 pm

Lunatics kicking off at the beeb over covid vaccination passport
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 3:53 pm

A tragic story about the sad deaths of three family members from covid-19, all three refused the vaccine

Governments around the world need to get all covid-19 misinformation channels  banned , or bring in criminal proceedings against the sites that push the anti-vax shite.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 5:06 pm

There are a lot of people that took a misinformed stand early on in and aren't prepared to change it no matter what information they are presented with. I've still got a mate that thinks Ivermectin is a Covid cure despite there being zero evidence that it is effective at all, I've even sent him links but I don't think he wants to believe the vaccine is the only real tool we have.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 5:53 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
There are a lot of people that took a misinformed stand early on in and aren't prepared to change it no matter what information they are presented with. I've still got a mate that thinks Ivermectin is a Covid cure despite there being zero evidence that it is effective at all, I've even sent him links but I don't think he wants to believe the vaccine is the only real tool we have.

What is funny is that the BBC sold the building in 2013. Better luck next time anti-vaxxers Laughing
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 6:22 pm

Let's face it they are the dumbest shite on earth, ogling each other's Dan Wootton tats and spitting at the Police.

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next