Czarcasm
Geezer
sufferedsince 68
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Grace Less

EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 2:12 pm

Sufferedsince68 clearly missed my Kantian reference. Here is another "Always recognize that human individuals are ends, and do not use them as means to your end."
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 2:48 pm

Who is this Kant?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 4:07 pm

A sad and lonely Exeter supporter I believe. Don’t scare him off Suffs, he does serve to remind us how lucky we are and he is worth his weight in comedy gold. Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 5:14 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
A sad and lonely Exeter supporter I believe. Don’t scare him off Suffs, he does serve to remind us how lucky we are and he is worth his weight in comedy gold. Very Happy
cheers Not bothered if he stay or goes bhey, like i say nobody cares about exeter. Their millions could not save them from a defeat to dogshit Oldham, such a shame. Laughing
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 5:53 pm

😀

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 10:23 pm

Grace Less wrote:
Sufferedsince68 clearly missed my Kantian reference. Here is another "Always recognize that human individuals are ends, and do not use them as means to your end."

Here’s another, “May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your arse”
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 7:34 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
cheers...... like i say nobody cares about exeter. Their millions could not save them from a defeat to dogshit Oldham, such a shame. Laughing

I wouldn't say that Suffy, thanks to the Chiefs, the name "Exeter" is on the lips of every excitable schoolboy in Europe. While City are currently unable to match the illustrious fame Of "Devon's foremost sporting team" there is hope that the Chief's fame and charisma spur City on to greater things ... in truth I feel City are on the right track and the Oldham result was a mere hiccup which, as is your want, you felt compelled to bring up which undoubtebly caused great excitement among ATD's other 14 members.

Wishing you continued good health.

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 20 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 3:32 pm

Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
Think Watkins must be their highest, they would have got some cash for selling Grimes and Ampadu, and I would guess they have sell on clauses.

We've got Jack Stephens at Southampton with a 10 or 20% clause. Think he was last valued around £10m. Probably have one for Christian Walton (Brighton) too, who must be worth a couple of million after several loans to Championship clubs.

Its no surprise to anyone that Argyle are currently behind Exeter in youth development, but we are starting to put the right people and processes in place to improve our academy. People like Neil Dewsnip (Technical Director) who has vast experience of youth development at Everton and was Technical Lead for England u17 - u21 teams from 2014 - 2019. We are also using the loan system for our youngsters better- Jephcott had a good spell at Truro and now is the highest scoring u21 player in the 4 english divisions, also has one of the best goals to games ratios as well.

A workmate of mine is a City fan. He said the Watkins sell-on stands head and shoulders above anything else their Academy has produced. The Ampadu transfer went to a compensation tribunal and City only got £1.3m with a possible extra £1.2m if add-ons ever happen. And the Grimes transfer was £1.7m.

There's a lot to be said for sell-on fees. If Stapleton & Co hadn't run us into Admin ten years ago, we'd have been in a position to negotiate a sell on % for Bolasie....who later went to Everton for £26m

we lost out on fees and add ons with our young players since admin too. The only one we got anything for when he left was Hourihane when he was signed by Villa due to him being here in his development years.

We didn't get as much money as we hoped on Hourihane as Barnsley (and Villa) stitched us up a bit. Villa bought Hourihane and Bree from Barnsley at the same time, but to avoid paying Argyle a bigger transfer fee, the price of Hourihane was dropped (£500k, when he was estimated to be around £2m) and the price of Bree Inflated. We got about £100k when it should have been nearer £400k.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 20 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 5:12 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
cheers...... like i say nobody cares about exeter. Their millions could not save them from a defeat to dogshit Oldham, such a shame. Laughing

I wouldn't say that Suffy, thanks to the Chiefs, the name "Exeter" is on the lips of every excitable schoolboy in Europe. While City are currently unable to match the illustrious fame Of "Devon's foremost sporting team" there is hope that the Chief's fame and charisma spur City on to greater things ... in truth I feel City are on the right track and the Oldham result was a mere hiccup which, as is your want, you felt compelled to bring up which undoubtebly caused great excitement among ATD's other 14 members.

Wishing you continued good health.

ATD in the main goes for the small number of quality posters in this free speech world of which you are welcomed, Facecack and nools dogshit site, are heavily censored and populated by a large number of bellends..... may i wish you continued good health.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 20 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 10:44 pm

they won 6-1 tonight. once school finishes tomorrow the kids will be back on here to mention that.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 20 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2020 8:46 am

Angry wrote:
they won 6-1 tonight. once school finishes tomorrow the kids will be back on here to mention that.

It seems you beat us to it Angsty. More results like that and we might have a collective twitching of ATD sphincters. Wink

Back to top Go down
Grace Less

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 4:27 pm

Angry wrote:

Only 5 on Saturday though.  We did like " Our only hope is to steal Bowman from City in January, and their defence. FFS."
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 7:27 pm

Grace Less wrote:
Angry wrote:

Only 5 on Saturday though.  We did like " Our only hope is to steal Bowman from City in January, and their defence. FFS."

That was me and shows how worried I am about our prospects at the moment, the fact that your defence would improve us speaks volumes. It may just happen as well, also if we don't get Bowman in January then someone else will and that's what keeps you a league 2 team. Enjoy it whilst it lasts.
Back to top Go down
Grace Less

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 9:40 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
That was me and shows how worried I am about our prospects at the moment, the fact that your defence would improve us speaks volumes. It may just happen as well, also if we don't get Bowman in January then someone else will and that's what keeps you a league 2 team. Enjoy it whilst it lasts.

I'll be back at the end of the mid season transfer period to remind you about the above. You have a manager who has admitted that in order to bring anybody in he has to move players on - but frankly who will want any of those players on their current form? . Bowman has just come the end of a long fallow period during which the manager has persevered with him and eventually he has come good. In the meantime there are a host (and that's not hyperbole) of youngsters who are coming through the City Youth system that are waiting for their chance to gain first team experience for a Club that is solvent and prepared to give them game time. We are (enjoying it while it lasts).
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 20 EmptySat Jan 30, 2021 5:43 pm

Whats happened to the Watkins millions ? the teams dogshit, their best players are being sold plunging down the league, whats happened to the money that should have got them promoted ?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 20 EmptySat Jan 30, 2021 5:45 pm

Grace Less wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I'll be back at the end of the mid season transfer period to remind you about the above. You have a manager who has admitted that in order to bring anybody in he has to move players on - but frankly who will want any of those players on their current form? . Bowman has just come the end of a long fallow period during which the manager has persevered with him and eventually he has come good. In the meantime there are a host (and that's not hyperbole) of youngsters who are coming through the City Youth system that are waiting for their chance to gain first team experience for a Club that is solvent and prepared to give them game time. We are (enjoying it while it lasts).
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing  looking forward to the update, are you still enjoying it ? lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Grace Less

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 20 EmptySat Jan 30, 2021 6:39 pm

Very much, thanks! Are you enjoying your season?
Nicky Law has just said he's going to America, and leaving on Monday, so I'll hold back on making further comment until end of play on Monday. Glad to see Gnome Park at last being put to good use.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 20 EmptySat Jan 30, 2021 6:46 pm

St James Park not big enough to help the community?

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 20 EmptySat Jan 30, 2021 8:59 pm

They've got enough needles lying around their ground to inoculate the whole fookin country.
Back to top Go down
Grace Less

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 20 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 12:54 pm

Not a great transfer window for City. Two out and three in and not the 20 goal a season striker that all Clubs are hoping to unearth and sign for no money at all. Nicky Law will be the greatest loss because he always created space and was generally creative. In general, since City are trying to live within the notional wage structure for Division 2 clubs it was always unlikely that there would be  a premium player incoming - though the goalkeeper from Reading is better than Ward who has gone to Pompey. City are hampered at the moment by having injuries to two of the most creative players, Randall and Williams. Bowman is going through one of his 'quiet' spells, and the squad as a whole  are young (7 having come through the Youth set up). I'd expect a couple more of the youngsters to get game time before the end of the season - Nelson Iseguan and Cheik Diabate are possibly the ones to watch.
It was always going to be a transitional season (aren't they all at City?).
If this isn't the banter that you want, I'm sorry, but I don't think it's relegation for City this season there are,( although Argyle fans might find it difficult to accept) at least three very poor sides in the Division, and as usual, a couple whose owners think that buying their way out of this league is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 20 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 1:00 pm

Its just the name of a thread that's been going for a while.
Things would have to get very bad for Exeter to be threatened with relegation this season. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 20 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2021 5:09 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Whats happened to the Watkins millions ? the teams dogshit, their best players are being sold plunging down the league, whats happened to the money that should have got them promoted ?

I really don't know the answer to your question Suffy although I believe we sank large sums on infrastructure - the new away stand must have cost upwards of £45.00 Wink While we continue to turn out some good youngsters I'm not always impressed with some of the journeymen free transfers we brought in from fellow div2 clubs. However, I think Taylor is on an upward trajectory and learning all the time. Still, I believe we've got about 21 games to get into the promotion slots while a drop in form could see the Greenies take our place - you ain't out've the woods yet sunstroke.

It's worth a quick shufti to pop over to the Bristol Rovers forum and note the mixed feelings for former City / MK Dons manger Paul Tisdale.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 20 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2021 5:18 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

I really don't know the answer to your question Suffy although I believe we sank large sums on infrastructure - the new away stand must have cost upwards of £45.00 Wink While we continue to turn out some good youngsters I'm not always impressed with some of the journeymen free transfers we brought in from fellow div2 clubs. However, I think Taylor is on an upward trajectory and learning all the time. Still, I believe we've got about 21 games to get into the promotion slots while a drop in form could see the Greenies take our place - you ain't out've the woods yet sunstroke.

It's worth a quick shufti to pop over to the Bristol Rovers forum and note the mixed feelings for former City / MK Dons manger Paul Tisdale.  

its not hard to guess where its gone, since your a fan operated club with no benefactors they have to fund the running of the club somehow seeing as matchday income has gone till next season probably.

plus exeter have to turn up in playoff finals to join Argyle in league ne next season and your strikers are terrible even that one you gave the 9 number jersey previously retired for plymouth's own adam stansfield too. Where is that williams fella he was very good last season wouldnt have minded him crossing the line and coming here.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 20 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 9:02 pm

Agent Telford strikes!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 20 EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 1:41 pm

Exeter City v Grimsby Town

Match postponed - Waterlogged Pitch

Spend well on their pitch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.
Page 20 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next