akagreengull
PatDunne
Mock Cuncher
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
RegGreen

Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread   Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 2:03 pm

Jethro wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
KelShacks wrote:
Whatever way you dress it up it still amounts to the same thing. Let's say, hypothetically speaking, that we sack Adams. Does Wotton get sacked too ? I'd put my house on him getting the managers job as he would be the "cheap option". After all, that's what Adams was wasn't he ?

We're way too low in the food chain to bring in managers that have their own coaching staff, I'd imagine whoever comes in would have to work with the whats handed to him. Don't forget Wottsy bleeds Green and knows this club inside out which is worth far more than any tactical nous.

If it was Wotton with someone upstairs with technical nous,
I wouldn't be as worried but we know that won't happen if it's Wotton it would be him alone.

Can't be worse then Fletcher eh
don’t know about that Jeffers ..now that’s one I wouldn’t have a bet on I know that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread   Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 2:43 pm

Big Robby wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:
Graizees, Argyle are currently 9/25 on to get relolegated, why not lay the bet on betfair at evens, chuck the inevitable winnings to chazza yerself?

Because he cant be such a smug twat that way

Got to be a proper mug to try to profit over the club you support going down,
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread   Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 2:44 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
KelShacks wrote:
Whatever way you dress it up it still amounts to the same thing. Let's say, hypothetically speaking, that we sack Adams. Does Wotton get sacked too ? I'd put my house on him getting the managers job as he would be the "cheap option". After all, that's what Adams was wasn't he ?

We're way too low in the food chain to bring in managers that have their own coaching staff, I'd imagine whoever comes in would have to work with the whats handed to him. Don't forget Wottsy bleeds Green and knows this club inside out which is worth far more than any tactical nous.

I wouldn't be as worried but we know that won't happen if it's Wotton it would be him alone.

don’t know about that Jeffers ..now that’s one I wouldn’t have a bet on I know that Very Happy

Well fletcher profited in the end with a nice little job at bournemouth in charge of the kids team,
God forbid thinking yeah my childs got a place at premier league accademy hope they have a success running it,
oh sacked by Argyle,
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread   Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 8:45 am

Sacked then told to do the press conference.

I didn't like the Jonah, but we are truly classless as a club.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread   Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 9:56 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Sacked then told to do the press conference.

I didn't like the Jonah, but we are truly classless as a club.

Another first in football
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread   Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 10:33 am

I don't blame Fetcher at all. He was asked to do a job that was really beyond him with his level of experience, he stepped up and gave it a go with an absolute pile of carp and paid the price. I blame the board at the time, no one else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread   Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 10:55 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
I don't blame Fetcher at all. He was asked to do a job that was really beyond him with his level of experience, he stepped up and gave it a go with an absolute pile of carp and paid the price. I blame the board at the time, no one else.

Agree to a point but don't forget how he leveraged himself into that position during admin in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread   Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 12:33 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Agree to a point but don't forget how he leveraged himself into that position during admin in the first place.

No you've lost me again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread   Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 2:06 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

No you've lost me again.

Organising players to refuse to get on the team bus.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread   Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 3:07 pm

Jethro wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
KelShacks wrote:

Well fletcher profited in the end with a nice little job at bournemouth in charge of the kids team,
God forbid thinking yeah my childs got a place at premier league accademy hope they have a success running it,
oh sacked by Argyle,

Total irrelevance whether a youth coach has been sacked as first team manager at Argyle or anywhere else.Some people are cut out to be assistant managers or coaches lower down the pecking order rather than the sharp end, maybe Fletcher is of that ilk. No idea if he does a good job at Bournemouth but Eddie Howe doesn't come across as the type who would tolerate a duffer in any department of his club.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread   Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 6:03 pm

Thumbs Greenskin
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread   Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 7:21 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Jethro wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
KelShacks wrote:

oh sacked by Argyle,

Total irrelevance whether a youth coach has been sacked as first team manager at Argyle or anywhere else.Some people are cut out to be assistant managers or coaches lower down the pecking order rather than the sharp end, maybe Fletcher is of that ilk. No idea if he does a good job at Bournemouth but Eddie Howe doesn't come across as the type who would tolerate a duffer in any department of his club.
more of a old pals appointment I believe they both started out together when they were both started out in the youth team At Bournemouth and have remained good friends every since there youth days I believe that’s proberly why he got the gig
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread   Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 7:50 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Jethro wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
KelShacks wrote:

oh sacked by Argyle,

more of a old pals appointment I believe they both started out together when they were both started out in the youth team At Bournemouth and have remained good friends every since there youth days I believe that’s proberly why he got the gig

Exactly not on talent or technical nouse,
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread   Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 8:16 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Jethro wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
KelShacks wrote:

oh sacked by Argyle,

So Eddie Howe,who it must be said seems to have got most decisions right at Bournemouth,would possibly endanger his own future job prospects just because Fletcher was his mate? Eddie's probably got a lot of other mates in football,doesn't mean to say he 'd ever even think about offering them a job though. I wanted Fletcher sacked months before he left Argyle-he wasn't up to the job, in the same way as many other rookies before him weren't. Doesn't mean to say that he wouldn't have something to offer at a different level of a management structure though.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread   Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 8:53 pm

There's a world of difference between being a Club manager and training the U21's. Like the difference between being a General and a Corporal.

On DA's contract, I'll bet that there are several conditions in it that would severely reduce his Compensation, such as League position, budget compliance etc. My guess is he'd get very little payout if sacked after relegation.

As for Adams & Hallett saying there'll be players going out and coming in in January, I'd point out that the players coming in will be signed by the same guy who signed the players who will be moved on as "not good enough"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread   Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bradford (Home) Offishall Match Thread
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5