sufferedsince 68
Jethro
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 8:55 am

Matt Macey - shit but tall
Freddie Ladapo - shit but fast
Ashley Smith-Brown - meh
Conor Grant - shit
Tafari Moore - shit
Scott Wootton - ubermensch levels of shit
Niall Canavan - shit
Stuart O’Keefe - meh
Peter Grant - meh
Joe Riley - shit
Calum Dyson - feck knows
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 9:05 am

Not at all. The sooner this bottom of the table manager gets the boot from Hallett, along with his much derided attitude toward player injuries among many issues I have a problem with, the sooner this club will start to heal. My reasoning is positive. Omelettes and eggs. Brent's men need to go with Brent, or else it's just a sticking plaster on the same old regime with the same old austerity.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 9:45 am

beesrus wrote:
Not at all. The sooner this bottom of the table manager gets the boot from Hallett, along with his much derided attitude toward player injuries among many issues I have a problem with, the sooner this club will start to heal. My reasoning is positive. Omelettes and eggs. Brent's men need to go with Brent, or else it's just a sticking plaster on the same old regime with the same old austerity.

Do you seriously believe that any other manager would have been able to change the "austerity" under Brent? Argyle will start to make real progress if and when Mr Hallett and the board decide that proper investment in the team is needed and that applies no matter who is in the managerial seat. Surprised that someone of your apparent intellect and experience and knowledge of Argyle can't seem to grasp that simple equation.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 10:06 am

Greenskin wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Looking forward to Del squirming further as the season progresses. Something is rotten, and it's not just Brent now. The physical outward signs of the club tells it's own story of chaos.  Scott Wootton part of a good squad ? you're having a wee chuckle.

Interesting first two words of that post."Looking forward" to seeing a manager squirm who has in reality been one of the more successful ones in Argyle's history in rather hamstrung circumstances.A particularly nasty and ugly piece of schadenfreude,probably says more about your character than anything else.

It's the ATD fully paid up members way Greenskin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 10:50 am

Greenskin wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Do you seriously believe that any other manager would have been able to change the "austerity" under Brent? Argyle will start to make real progress if and when Mr Hallett and the board decide that proper investment in the team is needed and that applies no matter who is in the managerial seat. Surprised that someone of your apparent intellect and experience and knowledge of Argyle can't seem to grasp that simple equation.

Greenskin I think your comment “apparent intellect” is most significant.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 10:51 am

zyph wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Looking forward to Del squirming further as the season progresses. Something is rotten, and it's not just Brent now. The physical outward signs of the club tells it's own story of chaos.  Scott Wootton part of a good squad ? you're having a wee chuckle.

Interesting first two words of that post."Looking forward" to seeing a manager squirm who has in reality been one of the more successful ones in Argyle's history in rather hamstrung circumstances.A particularly nasty and ugly piece of schadenfreude,probably says more about your character than anything else.

It's the ATD fully paid up members way Greenskin.

cheers what about your views Zippy or aren't you a fully paid up member of ATD? I'm pretty sure I'd be described as a fully paid up member yet I blame lack of budget more than Adams. I also think too many people read waaaaayyyyy too much into Adams herald press shots. One of his jobs as manager is to release the odd bit of drivel to the press. Piece of piss when we're winning, "oh aye the lads done great this month, it's all about the team spirit I've never seen such a united team who give it their all for the fans." Anyone can release empty words when we're winning and it sounds great. Cut to now and bottom of the table wtf does anyone expect Del to say? "Basically all my summer signing are shite, not one of them is fit to wear the shirt, we're fooked. Brent out."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 10:57 am

I don’t buy into the feeling that all the summer signings are a bit iffy, there’s a couple (Wootton and Riley) which may fall into that category, the strange thing is that in some of our home games we’ve played well in patches, why these good spells fall away I don’t know, but it does imply to me that there is some talent there.
Is it tactics, coaching, management, perhaps but whatever the issue is it needs addressing pdq.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 11:00 am

...And there's a massive difference between supporting the team and supporting the regime, poor old zyph has difficulty with that.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 11:12 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Matt Macey - shit but tall
Freddie Ladapo - shit but fast
Ashley Smith-Brown - meh
Conor Grant - shit
Tafari Moore - shit
Scott Wootton - ubermensch levels of shit
Niall Canavan - shit
Stuart O’Keefe - meh
Peter Grant - meh
Joe Riley - shit
Calum Dyson - feck knows

Agree with the above but was thinking is there any Argo player so far this season that is not playing shit?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 12:51 pm

PatDunne wrote:
we will stay up.

I think that too, but it will be an uncomfortable ride up to May '19.

Adams is a manager under pressure and has had to respond in the way that he has.

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 20, 2018 9:05 pm

Who's to blame for Argyle being bottom of the league?
thanks for your vote
Adams

53%
The players

32%
Neither - we're just having a bad run

15%

The current results of the Erald poll of whos to blame, strange there is no option for the fantasist shyster.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 20, 2018 9:13 pm

He continued: “There are always yobs at every club. That’s what is happening to us at this moment in time.
“There are a number of individuals that are showing a yobbish feeling towards myself and the team.
“We are trying our best. We are in a position we don’t want to be in, but they are not helping the football club.
“It’s only the minority but, as I have said before, why would you turn against your own?

“Why would you turn against people that are working hard for your football club to move forth and trying their best?
“That’s the nature of the world at this moment in time and we don’t have to accept it but I will continue to work hard and get us moving forward.”

Derek may not like it but it happens in football, maybe he should have been more critical of an asset stripping owner and maybe the people booing today should be shouting Brent get out of our club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 20, 2018 9:39 pm

akagreengull wrote:
He continued: “There are always yobs at every club. That’s what is happening to us at this moment in time.
“There are a number of individuals that are showing a yobbish feeling towards myself and the team.
“We are trying our best. We are in a position we don’t want to be in, but they are not helping the football club.
“It’s only the minority but, as I have said before, why would you turn against your own?

“Why would you turn against people that are working hard for your football club to move forth and trying their best?
“That’s the nature of the world at this moment in time and we don’t have to accept it but I will continue to work hard and get us moving forward.”

Derek may not like it but it happens in football, maybe he should have been more critical of an asset stripping owner and maybe the people booing today should be shouting Brent get out of our club.

Its like del thinks he is mourinho or something. honestly!!!!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 20, 2018 10:55 pm

akagreengull wrote:

He took a pay rise and a five year contract in exchange for a dogshit uncompetitive budget, so bear that in mind del, when slagging off the paying fans.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 20, 2018 11:00 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Who's to blame for Argyle being bottom of the league?
thanks for your vote
Adams

53%
The players

32%
Neither - we're just having a bad run

15%

The current results of the Erald poll of whos to blame, strange there is no option for the fantasist shyster.
Does Erringtons mrs still work for slipping Jimmy? Whats happened to the money that ten thousand fans paid last year. and why only Poundland signing were made in the summer are the questions Scoop Errington should be asking.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 6:22 am

First thing that Hallett should be doing in 10 days time is approaching Adams (as its pretty clear he's going nowhere) and ask the question "what is the problem and we do we need to do right now to rectify that problem"
4 non contract players in to shore up the defence and Letheren in for Macey until the Wolves lad returns.
Once again happy to put my neck on the block and say Hallett will simply not be associated with this utter dross on and off the pitch. He'll either sort it very quickly or walk away with his shares and secured loan intact
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 7:55 am

Perhaps DA was complicit along with brent to con the season ticket holders by accepting a brent budget and signing players who, if Akkeron hadn't come along, would still be without a league club. Still, sacking DA now would have no effect on the outcome this season. The team is so shit and so lacking in any quality that no manager would be able to keep this lot up. Damage is done and there's no money left to bring in L1 standard players in January. It's now about rebuilding in L2 brent free and very probably DA free.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 8:25 am

I don't agree that another manager couldn't affect positive change, just look at the Torquay situation Gary Johnson taking over from Gary Owers has transformed not only results but the style of play and greatly increased confidence in the players.
And believe me the team a month ago were playing very badly at a level of football which is the lowest in the clubs history.
In Derek's defence he really has few options in changing the line up, particularly so with the striking options, if Freddie is injured in the next game, what the hell would the options be given that the only two players with quality e.g Carey and Lameris are a shadow of what they were last season.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 10:09 am

Fair point aka.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 10:18 am

I would happily take Gary Johnson over Adams, he did well at Bristol City and Yeovil.
In ten days time when the Brentmare, ends lets hope the change is made it cant go on like this can it?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 11:16 am

Right now would agree Suffers, always been a fan of Gary Johnson, if you listen to his comments, he sounds very balanced and realistic I'm afraid we cant say it about Derek Adams right now, his dour Scots persona is starting to grate somewhat with a lot of people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 8:17 pm

Gregg Wylde, Gregg Wylde will feck it up Again!!! repeat till its catchy.

come on blocks 3-4 you know you want to sing this next time that por excuse of a footbaler graces the pitch for us.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 5:45 pm

Even if DA is chopped (and don't think he will be) then PW gets 'caretaker' and wins 2 games to be given a chance until end of season - just like Reidy and Fletch!!! How long will Mr H give DA to turn it round?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 7:13 pm

In some ways Adams is like Mourinho

Not in the Winning Leagues & Cups way, but in the "I'll say something a bit controversial so everyone talks about that rather than how badly the team played" sort of way.

So we have headlines about "Adams slams yobs" rather than "Argyle look certs for the drop"
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 7:13 pm

In some ways Adams is like Mourinho

Not in the Winning Leagues & Cups way, but in the "I'll say something a bit controversial so everyone talks about that rather than how badly the team played" sort of way.

So we have headlines about "Adams slams yobs" rather than "Argyle look certs for the drop"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next