sufferedsince 68
akagreengull
7 posters
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Empty
PostSubject: THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE   THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 6:20 pm

Thought it was time to start a Felwick thread separate from the welcome Simon Hallett thread, given he will be a significant personality in Argyles development, particularly over the next year.
Here is his Wikipedia page as a starter. cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE   THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 6:47 pm

He was part of Team Jimmy, its not going to be good just more of the same.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE   THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 7:22 pm

Indeed a nodding donkey in team jimmy at the time got a bad feeling about him and Si-lent
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE   THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 7:26 pm

wake me up when this nightmare is over.

And yes some twat from foxhole stamped on my leg today, fuckingh agony
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE   THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 7:29 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

did the ref not see it punchy Red Card
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE   THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 8:26 pm

Must say Felwick has a decent past - let's hope the futures bright.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE   THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 8:54 pm

Did he leave the board of his own accord in the reshuffle or was he pushed? Was it because of his opposition to the hybrid plans? I can't imagine he'd be returning if the situation was going to remain the same.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE   THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 9:27 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

Foxhole! There was nearly a punch up when i was playing cricket for Gunni against them many moons ago.They came up with a weak team and we had them a couple of wickets down early when a very light shower came over the ground-barstewards walked off and refused to go back out again,saying it was too wet and dangerous! lol! There was hell on,plenty of swearing and threats but no punches,not sure how.Years later a couple of us saw Arthur Bullock,the bloke who ran the cricket down there,at another match and asked him why they did it-" because we had no fecking chance of winning" he said. lol! Don't think there's a cricket team down there now,they were pretty useful a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE   THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 9:33 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

Foxhole! There was nearly a punch up when i was playing cricket for Gunni against them many moons ago.They came up with a weak team and we had them a couple of wickets down early when a very light shower came over the ground-barstewards walked off and refused to go back out again,saying it was too wet and dangerous! lol! There was hell on,plenty of swearing and threats but no punches,not sure how.Years later a couple of us saw Arthur Bullock,the bloke who ran the cricket down there,at another match and asked him why they did it-" because we had no fecking chance of winning" he said. lol! Don't think there's a cricket team down there now,they were pretty useful a few years ago.

I played in the Larry Bullock testimonial a couple of weeks ago.

Foxhole are a decent organised side at regular and vets level.

feckin dirty bastards though as i found out today playing for royal par.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE   THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 9:40 pm

Very Happy Hey Punchy, Foxhole were always a bit hairy arsed and I still remember some fruity moments there playing for Truro in a Cornwall cup game. Up across the border, Horrabridge were always a bunch of farmers too that thought civil rules were just a liberal pinko inconvenience to be ignored.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE   THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 9:42 pm

What did he actually do on the board last time?

Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE   THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 9:49 pm

beesrus wrote:
Very Happy Hey Punchy, Foxhole were always a bit hairy arsed and I still remember some fruity moments there playing for Truro in a Cornwall cup game. Up across the border, Horrabridge were always a bunch of farmers too that thought civil rules were just a liberal pinko inconvenience to be ignored.

you still playing mate?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE   THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 9:56 pm

jocolor Good heavens, no. Some games just stick in the brain. Felt like entering St Buryan in Straw Dogs.
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE   THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 10:31 pm

David Felwick has the deepest voice in football. Not sure thats something to put on your CV but a record is a record
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE   THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 10:37 pm

beesrus wrote:

Yep,it was always a battle against Horrabridge even at primary school level.Not sure if local schools play matches these days,if Horrabridge have still got a team it will almost certainly be composed of Plymouth players,not many villages field mainly local based players now.

Arthur Bullock ran both the cricket and football at Foxhole for years,didn't come across Larry Bullock but Arthur's son Paul was a good cricketer and footballer.Seem to remember that Nanpean were not slow in making robust tackles either,i think they had a spell in the SWL at one time-Bugle certainly did,my uncle played for them for a season or two.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE   THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Empty

Back to top Go down

THE DAVID FELWICK THREAD - CHAIRMAN ELECT OF PLYMOUTH ARGYLE
Page 1 of 1