Les Miserable
sufferedsince 68
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2022 5:45 pm

LOL, Leper city the club that nobody touches, have been to the player poundshop, snapping up a couple of deadbeats nobody else wanted! lump on any spare dough you might have that the Red very few, will get less than thirty points.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2022 7:15 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:
[....if they kept some of those kids that went on to do well higher up the leagues where would they be now Shocked Shocked Shocked

I'm afraid it doesn't always work that way Mr A. As maybe regarding that of young Alfie Pond. May I suggest you click onto Exeweb - The word on Well Street: "Alfie Pond" thread, page 20.

for you i shall visit exeweb for the first time to see what all the fuss is.

Seems the old firm want to sign him and he wants to go and the club wont let him due to the offers being poor. I did laugh at that Farsley celtic or stafford rangers comment on there lol

Last edited by Angry on Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2022 8:19 pm

Shocking interview on radio Devon this from Matt Taylor telling fans to expect to lose more games than were gunna win and asked fans for patience that don’t bode well considering one of the two signings is a keeper tbh it sounded if he was beaten before the season started seems our friends up the road could be in for a long old hard season by the sounds of it
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2022 7:04 am

RegGreen wrote:
Shocking interview on radio Devon this from Matt Taylor telling fans to expect to lose more games than were gunna win and asked fans for patience that don’t bode well considering one of the two signings is a keeper tbh it sounded if he was beaten before the season started seems our friends up the road could be in for a long old hard season by the sounds of it

Nothing quite like a Churchillian "we'll fight them on the beaches" speech, is there Reg. Truth be known, I'm a little scared when you consider Northampton Town gave City a tonking in their promotion year and then came straight back down the next. I can only imagine that Taylor's remarks were aimed at his squad with the hope they'll embrace a "we'll show you mentality".

The only bright spot on the horizon is Suffy's seasonal doom and gloom. His predictions are just sooo much manure - if he had a business head he'd bag it and sell it to Dutch farmers Wink
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2022 9:10 am

Hugh Midde wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

Nothing quite like a Churchillian "we'll fight them on the beaches" speech, is there Reg. Truth be known, I'm a little scared when you consider Northampton Town gave City a tonking in their promotion year and then came straight back down the next. I can only imagine that Taylor's remarks were aimed at his squad with the hope they'll embrace a "we'll show you mentality".

The only bright spot on the horizon is Suffy's seasonal doom and gloom. His predictions are just sooo much manure - if he had a business head he'd bag it and sell it to Dutch farmers Wink

You will be alright we literally fluked our promotion due to Covid and we managed to stay up.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 7:23 pm

Lincoln city must be utter shit if they cant beat Leper City, they will both go down.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 11:03 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Lincoln city must be utter shit if they cant beat Leper City, they will both go down.

Utter poo are they? (notice I rise above such profanities). Well, you'll have two occasions to test your metal against the 'Mighty Imps' - just think, the Imps vs the Limps (smirk). Peonmouth mightn't be on the edge of the footballing wilderness, but standing on tiptoes on a cloudless day I'm sure you can see it. Wink

Oh, what this Leper City........?

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/plymouth-honking-smell-manure-today-7209128

Best you keep tabs on ye olde commode on matchdays Suffs or irate neighbours will be banging on your caravan door. Smile

Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 5:38 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Best you keep tabs on ye olde commode on matchdays Suffs or irate neighbours will be banging on your caravan door.  Smile  

Oi You!!! Wot's that bleeding stink??? cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 7:56 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Best you keep tabs on ye olde commode on matchdays Suffs or irate neighbours will be banging on your caravan door.  Smile  

4-0 win i see for you guys Shocked
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 07, 2022 7:36 am

Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:

Yes, a much appreciated victory Mr A. Mind you, as I recall, we've had a 4 nil before, but when? (scratches head). Still, the pleasing things is that our team was built on our own resources rather than endeavouring pick the pockets of some Japanese ice cream salesman or coerce some Yank to dig even deeper - such behaviour seems reprehensible to me. WinkWink
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 07, 2022 6:19 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:

Yes, a much appreciated victory Mr A. Mind you, as I recall, we've had a 4 nil before, but when? (scratches head). Still, the pleasing things is that our team was built on our own resources rather than endeavouring pick the pockets of some Japanese ice cream salesman or coerce some Yank to dig even deeper -  such behaviour seems reprehensible to me. WinkWink  

Spoons. That's all that needs to be said, spoons.
Back to top Go down
Grace Less

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2022 6:08 pm

Glad to see that the tedious banter is continuing into another season.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2022 6:32 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:

Yes, a much appreciated victory Mr A. Mind you, as I recall, we've had a 4 nil before, but when? (scratches head). Still, the pleasing things is that our team was built on our own resources rather than endeavouring pick the pockets of some Japanese ice cream salesman or coerce some Yank to dig even deeper -  such behaviour seems reprehensible to me. WinkWink  

Spoons. That's all that needs to be said, spoons.

and moonwalkers
Back to top Go down
Grace Less

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2022 11:03 am

RegGreen wrote:

It appears to have got off to a not too bad start. It will, however, be 'a long old hard season' ,though for whom, is yet to be determined.

Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2022 6:49 pm

Grace Less wrote:
Glad to see that the tedious banter is continuing into another season.

Once again you can thank Suffy who, for the last three years, has been the author of this stultifying thread - although the word 'leper' seems to have broken new ground for him. Talking of leprosy, I wonder if the Argyle's 'keeper's fingers are fully functional when the Posh bombard the Dross later this evening Wink Wink

In truth, Plymouth aren't a bad side, but then again, Peterborough could do a job on our green chums which, after the Fleetwood result, won't go down well. Expect howls for more of someone else's money should it all go horribly wrong. Smile
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2022 6:59 pm

Exeter will go down with Lincoln portvale and chetenham all truly shite,
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 6:48 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Exeter will go down with Lincoln portvale and chetenham all truly shite,

Suffy, while you may reasons to dislike Exeter, Lincoln and Port Vale, what has chetenham ever done to you ?

Back to top Go down
Sturtz

Sturtz

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 10:02 pm

Hi chums

This league 1 thing is a piece of piss innit? Can't see anyway that we can't emulate your magnificent missing out on the play offs from last season. Anyway hope you can muster a win against Peterborough on Sat, then we could go top!

Anyway best of luck with old Schumaker, if he's anything like his namesake he might be even faster in leaving your end of the pier club than his old mucker Ryan. Only joking, who'd actually want him anyway?

Janners! Janners! We're all thick and proud of it, Janners!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 10:27 pm

Sturtz wrote:
Hi chums

This league 1 thing is a piece of piss innit? Can't see anyway that we can't emulate your magnificent missing out on the play offs from last season. Anyway hope you can muster a win against Peterborough on Sat, then we could go top!

Anyway best of luck with old Schumaker, if he's anything like his namesake he might be even faster in leaving your end of the pier club than his old mucker Ryan. Only joking, who'd actually want him anyway?

Whats wrong not your turn to feck your sister inbred freak
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 9:01 am

Sturtz wrote:
Hi chums

Enjoy your success whilst it lasts, trouble with this league is once someone works out how to snuff out your attack then everyone else copies it and goals can be hard to find, you do seem to be going well at the moment, I think you'll have enough in the tank for a comfortable mid table plus finish.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 9:43 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Sturtz wrote:
Hi chums

Enjoy your success whilst it lasts, trouble with this league is once someone works out how to snuff out your attack then everyone else copies it and goals can be hard to find, you do seem to be going well at the moment, I think you'll have enough in the tank for a comfortable mid table plus finish.

What's the matter Mr E, the ol' anal sphincter starting to twitch? Full marks for keeping your banter civil unlike the previous vapid guff from one of your own.

I notice at 8:30am you added to the ever-Lengthening "Investment incoming" thread. As investment weighs so heavily on the Greenie line of thought, I thought this catchy little song might prove popular coming from the Home Park terraces Wink Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HazQlWgdzg
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 4:24 pm

Sturtz wrote:
Hi chums

Won the league already again in August!

Your bloke’s doing a good job of portraying Excretia as “woe is me” don’t think anybody’s falling for that one.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 6:23 pm

Sturtz wrote:
Hi chums

Argyle had nearly fifthteen thousand for our first game of the season the red few had six and a half, argyle will finish near the top exeter will be relegated you know it Spurtz. cheers
Back to top Go down
Grace Less

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 13, 2022 8:06 am

Suffy wrote: " Argyle had nearly fifthteen thousand for our first game of the season the red few had six and a half, argyle will finish near the top exeter will be relegated you know it Spurtz. cheers"

Two completely unrelated statements. The former a serious attempt at willy waving, the latter wild early season braggado. Good try. Must do better.
Back to top Go down
Sturtz

Sturtz

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 13, 2022 12:01 pm

Well exactly, having a bigger ground or larger fan base just makes your team bigger failures than they actually appear.
I wonder when I hear the phrase "sleeping giant" describing Argyle do I get the mental image of a dwarf with a broken stepladder?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Exeter league 1 relegation thread.
Page 3 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next