Les Miserable
sufferedsince 68
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 17 EmptySat Nov 25, 2023 6:34 pm

i know little about city's squad but did they really have a defender up front today!!!!

if city are smart they will get rid of caldwell, 9 games without a win
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 17 EmptySat Nov 25, 2023 6:50 pm

7-0 Laughing Laughing cheers They started the season so well too. Which sounds like the players have stopped playing for the manager -classic symptoms of a lost dressing room.

Where's Hugh et al?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 17 EmptySat Nov 25, 2023 9:15 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Very Happy

Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 17 Magnif10

Very Happy

Gary's head could be in a box soon, just like Brad Pitt's missus was in Se7en.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 17 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 9:35 pm

Freathy wrote:
7-0  Laughing  Laughing  cheers   They started the season so well too.  Which sounds like the players have stopped playing for the manager -classic symptoms of a lost dressing room.

Where's Hugh et al?

Still here Mr F, although health reasons required me to move in with my son for the time being. With luck I'll soon be fit enough come the new year to be able to launch further constructive criticism you greenies so richly deserve Wink Wink

In the meantime a merry Christmas to you all.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 17 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 10:24 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Freathy wrote:
7-0  Laughing  Laughing  cheers   They started the season so well too.  Which sounds like the players have stopped playing for the manager -classic symptoms of a lost dressing room.

Where's Hugh et al?

Still here Mr F, although health reasons required me to move in with my son for the time being. With luck I'll soon be fit enough come the new year to be able to launch further constructive criticism you greenies so richly deserve Wink Wink

And to you Hugh, hope your health improves to its optimum.

Thought you may have come on here to gloat about the imminent departure of our manager-you may have noticed though that Gary seems not to be on anyone's radar as regards a replacement.Must be a very patient board/trust at Sid James is all i can say.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 17 EmptySat Jan 27, 2024 6:10 pm

Two great away results for the Greasers this week in all fairness, agent Purrington not yet working any magic. Could have saved Gary's job although a long way to go yet and many a twist and turn to come.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 17 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 2:45 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Where's Hugh et al?

And to you Hugh, hope your health improves to its optimum.

"Thought you may have come on here to gloat about the imminent departure of our manager......"

It wouldn't have taken a massive footballing brain (although Suffy might have struggled with this one Wink) to recognise that Schuey would eventually be headhunted by a struggling club from up north. Sadly, our region is considered to be the back of beyond to many a potential manager.

However, I couldn't 'make hay' simply because having once been critical of the way that Schuey padded his team out with a legion of loanees, Gary Caldwell might just be tempted to emulate Schumacher's cunning and very successful plan. Some may have noted that G C did indeed sign 6 players before end of business Embarassed Embarassed

Has anyone kept a tally on Schumacher's Stoke signings ?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 17 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 10:25 pm

Mostly Ex or current Pilgrims.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 17 EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 11:34 am

Freathy wrote:

Where's Hugh et al?

Still here Frothy despite squeaky-bum time drawing remorselessly closer. Tell me, what chance one or both of our teams escaping relegation? For my part I thought my goose was cooked eons ago whereas I gave yours a healthy chance of maintaining Championship football. If I'm not too careful I might end up qualifying for the Suffy league of outrageous tipsters Embarassed Wink
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 17 EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 8:46 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Where's Hugh et al?

Still here Frothy despite squeaky-bum time drawing remorselessly closer. Tell me, what chance one or both of our teams escaping relegation? For my part I thought my goose was cooked eons ago whereas I gave yours a healthy chance of maintaining Championship football. If I'm not too careful I might end up qualifying for the Suffy league of outrageous tipsters Embarassed Wink    

How about a Foster/Gary swop?
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 17 EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 10:49 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Where's Hugh et al?

Is it really that bad Mr G? After suffering continued abuse from my greenie chums I thought such a such a swap was surely out of the question. (smirk) Wink Wink

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 17 EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 11:24 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Where's Hugh et al?

Is it really that bad Mr G? After suffering continued abuse from my greenie chums I thought such a such a swap was surely out of the question. (smirk) Wink Wink

Er,yes it is.
Back to top Go down
Grace Less

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 17 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2024 5:18 pm

Having been abroad for five months, and therefore missed much of the season I had expected to return to gloomy news for City and a triumphant smirking outburst from the Greeneies. It appears not to be so. What has caused this reversal in fortunes?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 17 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2024 6:23 pm

Grace Less wrote:
Having been abroad for five months, and therefore missed much of the season I had expected to return to gloomy news for City and a triumphant smirking outburst from the Greeneies. It appears not to be so. What has caused this reversal in fortunes?

you going away for 5 months obviously Laughing
Back to top Go down
Grace Less

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 17 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 10:52 am

It all seems to have gone very quiet over there. Are there concerns, still at Gnome Park?
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 17 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 10:59 am

Freathy wrote:

Where's Hugh et al?
7-0 Laughing Laughing cheers

I'm still lurking Mr F but unable to defend my corner as the abuse seems to have dried-up. I'm left wondering what caused the cessation of the sniggering remarks that remorselessly headed my way? Still, perhaps I'm interrupting you all as you busily go about your business of dusting cobwebs off your cobwebs or shopping for incontinent clothing Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 17 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 11:24 am

Hugh Midde wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Where's Hugh et al?
7-0 Laughing Laughing cheers

I'm still lurking Mr F but unable to defend my corner as the abuse seems to have dried-up. I'm left wondering what caused the cessation of the sniggering remarks that remorselessly headed my way? Still, perhaps I'm interrupting you all as you busily go about your business of dusting cobwebs off your cobwebs or shopping for incontinent clothing Wink Wink Wink  

That second "cobwebs" should read commodes - But then again you're probably sitting on one this very moment. Smile
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 17 EmptySat Apr 20, 2024 6:30 pm

You have to say that old Gaz has done a fair old job in turning the Sid james ship around. Wouldn't be surprised if he was touted for the Argyle job in some quarters-don't think it will come to that but stranger things have happened.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 17 EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 5:14 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
The Greasy 'uns have made a decent start to the season it must be said. Early days of course but has Gary the walking P45 turned over a new leaf? We shall see.
The red few are getting the breaks at the moment it wont last, Compo Caldwells, record of being sacked everywhere he's gone has been well earned he wont let us down.
Isn't it delicious when our greenies chums voice their opinions as regards City and our now 'finger on the pulse' manager.  Basketball  Although Caldwell certainly made mistakes in previous clubs we Greeks did clearly warn you that he would most certainly have learned from them and rectified things accordingly.

And now to your plight: I myself did warn you that Schumacher would be headhunted by Northern club, and as a Liverpudlian he'd jump at it. His is hard shoes to fill.

Finally, where is that rogue Suffy the author of this perennial thread? I'd love to shower him with all sorts of abuse but his absence might be due to ill health and that wouldn't be right Wink Wink Wink

Finally my 1000 post.
Back to top Go down
Grace Less

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 17 EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 6:03 pm

Oh dear. The Sheffield W result today can hardly have helped the mood at Gnome Park. Meanwhile, City seem likely to secure their highest ever finish with a pleasing set of results and goals being scored even after going down to 10 men. A difficult week ahaed methinks, and still the deafening silence from 'over there'
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 17 EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 6:57 pm

Grace Less wrote:
Oh dear. The Sheffield W result today can hardly have helped the mood at Gnome Park. Meanwhile, City seem likely to secure their highest ever finish with a pleasing set of results and goals being scored even after going down to 10 men. A difficult week ahaed methinks, and still the deafening silence from 'over there'

To be fair, that outcome isn't likely to send many Argyle supporters into paroxysms of jealousy
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 17 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 10:31 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Grace Less wrote:

To be fair, that outcome isn't likely to send many Argyle supporters into paroxysms of jealousy

Paroxysms affraid or is that just another big word like marmalade  Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Exeter league 1 relegation thread.
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17