Les Miserable
sufferedsince 68
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Graiser

Graiser

Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 15 EmptySat Aug 12, 2023 10:41 am

Freathy wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Couple tough games coming up for City I see. Blackpool at home and then Pompey away. Get points from those two then fair shout.

Two tough games which City might, if they're lucky, earn a solitary point. Being honest, I've long believed that it'll take at least 10 games before the league even begins to sort itself out.

Meanwhile, I hope you're more optimistic than Freathy who seems to have thrown in the towel before a ball has been kicked. My take is that Argyle stand a very good chance of staying up but it'll be a mid-table pulsating battle that'll make that bounder Suffy a gibbering wreck. (I hope)Wink      

That’s normal for Freathy
As it happens I don't think we will be relegated.  This season will be very tough going with more than a few drubbings for Argo but we will still be a Championship club in 24/25 season.

Bleddy Hell that’s the kiss of death !
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 15 EmptySat Aug 12, 2023 1:41 pm

He’s been on the happy pills! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 15 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 9:55 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

It's been known. We had Joe Bryan, Bobby Reid and Zack Vyner on loan and judging by their subsequent career path, a spell at HP did them no harm at all. Probably be looking at premier loans now but i guess if Schuey thought that a young turnip would be beneficial to Argyle and the move suited both parties then why not?[/quote]

I think if BC were a Big Fish in the Championship there may be a chance of loans, but I was looking at Skybet yesterday and bookies don’t fancy City for even a top half finish. I work with a couple BC season ticket holders, and while Lansdown will continue to safeguard City financially, it appears he’s not keen on carrying on throwing tens of millions of his personal wealth at the football club, purely to tread water. [/quote]

One's gotta tip his hat at such knowledgeable posts from Messrs G & C'......... Mr C was spot on regarding Bristol City's fall from grace after such an astonishing pre-season match results.

As I've said before, it's a wee bit early to prophecy how our seasons will end but I'm quietly confident we'll both stay within our current leagues.cheers
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 15 EmptyThu Aug 24, 2023 4:28 pm

The Greasy 'uns have made a decent start to the season it must be said. Early days of course but has Gary the walking P45 turned over a new leaf? We shall see.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 15 EmptySat Aug 26, 2023 5:53 pm

Greenskin wrote:
The Greasy 'uns have made a decent start to the season it must be said. Early days of course but has Gary the walking P45 turned over a new leaf? We shall see.
The red few are getting the breaks at the moment it wont last, Compo Caldwells, record of being sacked everywhere he's gone has been well earned he wont let us down.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 27, 2023 8:35 am

Greenskin wrote:

And yet many on Exeweb are warming to him. Perhaps Gary Caldwell is copying the inventor Thomas Edison (to a lesser degree) who once said, "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways it won't work."

Unlike agent Suffy who's tried 10,000 ways to say say something logical and............? Wink Wink

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 15 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 4:35 pm

How will City approach the Lootown Cup game, a possible upset perhaps ?

By the time you play them they could still be rooted to the bottom of the Prem, while City are still in the top half of League One.

Back to top Go down
Grace Less

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 15 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 5:11 pm

[quote="VillageGreen"]How will City approach the Lootown Cup game, a possible upset perhaps ?
By the time you play them they could still be rooted to the bottom of the Prem, while City are still in the top half of League One.[/quote ]

Quite possibly the same way that they approach all games, with thorough preparation. In any case if you look at past results between the two teams (which obviously are irrelevant) you'll see that City have done rather badly. Thank goodness it's at home, since Kenilworth Road is one of the shi***st grounds I've ever been to - the toilets adjacent to the refreshment kiosk, and seats that accommodate only midgets comfortably. Stands back and expects derision from the usual suspects.

Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 15 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 8:14 pm

Grace Less wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
How will City approach the Lootown Cup game, a possible upset perhaps ?
By the time you play them they could still be rooted to the bottom of the Prem, while City are still in the top half of League One.[/quote ]

Quite possibly the same way that they approach all games, with thorough preparation. In any case if you look at past results between the two teams (which obviously are irrelevant) you'll see that City have done rather badly. Thank goodness it's at home, since Kenilworth Road is one of the shi***st grounds I've ever been to - the toilets adjacent to the refreshment kiosk, and seats that accommodate only midgets comfortably. Stands back and expects derision from the usual suspects.

I’m just surprised you can spell derision.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 15 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 10:43 pm

Just had a shufti at Exeweb and noticed that Finn Azaz has returned for yet another season with the Argyle. So, all appearances point to Schuey playing the same hand as last year. The sum total of loanees so far is......scratch     [/quote]

Two. Warrington and Azaz.

Which gives plenty of scope to add.[/quote]

Dear me, Mr C, it didn't take long to consider adding to your playing staff did it Wink I always suspected that Schuey would almost immediately attempt to bring a fresh face or two should you suffer a few unwelcomed results. I'm just astonished that the mighty Argyle lack the necessary players in the stiffs who are capable of stepping up to the plate.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 15 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 11:44 am

Hugh Midde wrote:
Just had a shufti at Exeweb and noticed that Finn Azaz has returned for yet another season with the Argyle. So, all appearances point to Schuey playing the same hand as last year. The sum total of loanees so far is......scratch    

Which gives plenty of scope to add.[/quote]

Dear me, Mr C, it didn't take long to consider adding to your playing staff did it Wink I always suspected that Schuey would almost immediately attempt to bring a fresh face or two should you suffer a few unwelcomed results. I'm just astonished that the mighty Argyle lack the necessary players in the stiffs who are capable of stepping up to the plate.

[/quote]

I’m a bit confused here. Are you suggesting it’s a bad thing to use the loan quotation available to you? If so, you clearly aren’t up to speed with the contribution of most of them to getting 101pts last season.

Also, as far as the ‘stiffs’ go, the nine (yes 9) changes Shuey made for the Palace game on Tuesday, and the subsequent performance of these ‘stiffs’ ( up until Eze’s arrival ) would point to us having a pretty decent squad.

I see Taylor has pinched Nombe for Rotherham from you. Any of your ‘stiffs’ capable of replacing him?

Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 9:12 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Just had a shufti at Exeweb and noticed that Finn Azaz has returned for yet another season with the Argyle. So, all appearances point to Schuey playing the same hand as last year. The sum total of loanees so far is......scratch    

Which gives plenty of scope to add.

[/quote]

Are you suggesting it’s a bad thing to use the loan quotation available to you? If so, you clearly aren’t up to speed with the contribution of most of them to getting 101pts last season.

Also, as far as the ‘stiffs’ go, the nine (yes 9) changes Shuey made for the Palace game on Tuesday, and the subsequent performance of these ‘stiffs’ ( up until Eze’s arrival ) would point to us having a pretty decent squad.

I see Taylor has pinched Nombe for Rotherham from you. Any of your ‘stiffs’ capable of replacing him?[/quote]

How many players were Div 1 clubs allowed to bring in last season? Right or wrong I've heard the number is 8 while only 5 of that number are allowed on the pitch at any one time - which is a hefty amount of someone else's players. I'll be honest and say I don't haven't a clue who picks up such players wage tabs or whether moneyed clubs like Argyle pay half or all of it? The reality is that some smaller clubs within the same league could be disadvantaged well before the ref has blown his whistle.

Taylor was a breath of fresh air after the stultifying years under Tisdale, however, after taking us up he might well be sowing the seeds to take us back down. As for Nombe, he's been playing like a player who wants away - presumably for a fatter wage packet so best to have shot of him. As for our 'stiffs,' I live 130 crow miles from Ex so many are an unknown quality to me.

A question from me, Mr C, what's your truthful opinion of the much maligned Gary Caldwell ? Wink

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:20 am

Hugh Midde wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:

Which gives plenty of scope to add.

Are you suggesting it’s a bad thing to use the loan quotation available to you? If so, you clearly aren’t up to speed with the contribution of most of them to getting 101pts last season.

I see Taylor has pinched Nombe for Rotherham from you. Any of your ‘stiffs’ capable of replacing him?[/quote]

How many players were Div 1 clubs allowed to bring in last season? Right or wrong I've heard the number is 8 while only 5 of that number are allowed on the pitch at any one time - which is a hefty amount of someone else's players. I'll be honest and say I don't haven't a clue who picks up such players wage tabs or whether moneyed clubs like Argyle pay half or all of it? The reality is that some smaller clubs within the same league could be disadvantaged well before the ref has blown his whistle.

Taylor was a breath of fresh air after the stultifying years under Tisdale, however, after taking us up he might well be sowing the seeds to take us back down. As for Nombe, he's been playing like a player who wants away - presumably for a fatter wage packet so best to have shot of him. As for our 'stiffs,' I live 130 crow miles from Ex so many are an unknown quality to me.

A question from me, Mr C, what's your truthful opinion of the much maligned Gary Caldwell ?  Wink    

[/quote]

Argyle weren't "moneyed" last season, certainly not in comparison to some other clubs in the division-the budget apparently was between £3-4M which was chickenfeed to Ipswich, Wednesday and the like. Highly unlikely that Argyle would have able to wholly fund the wages of people like Cosgrove,Mumba,Finn etc,the parent club would have met a fair chunk of it and rightly so, their player was getting time on the pitch at a good level which they would not otherwise have benefitted from.

Anyway, bleddy newspaper will have to go-keeps publishing upside down league tables. All parochial banter aside, it would i suppose be fun to see the Greasies in the championship as long as Argyle are still there of course-if you think that financial inequality was prevalent in league 1.......
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 07, 2023 9:01 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
The Greasy 'uns have made a decent start to the season it must be said. Early days of course but has Gary the walking P45 turned over a new leaf?

Compo Caldwells, record of being sacked everywhere he's gone has been well earned he wont let us down.

The usual knowledgeable appraisal from Mr G.

Meanwhile Suffy's predictions remain the usual bumpaper......

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/gary-caldwell-nominated-league-one-8732682

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 09, 2023 6:31 pm

Disorientated

Arf Arf
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 10, 2023 6:34 pm

Strange, those beys up the road have normally won promotion in October/November, Bleddy month early this year.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 4:59 pm

Well done Gary, you got your mojo back. cheers
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2023 3:43 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Disorientated

Arf Arf

Mr G, did I not say it'll take at least 10 league games before the candidates for promotion begin to make themselves noticed? Early days as yet although a large number of injuries are giving 'Super Gary' a bit of a selection headache Sad

Has the ATD few got over Jay's 95th minute winner yet?? (snigger) Wink
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2023 5:36 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Disorientated

Arf Arf

Mr G, did I not say it'll take at least 10 league games before the candidates for promotion begin to make themselves noticed? Early days as yet although a large number of injuries are giving 'Super Gary' a bit of a selection headache Sad

The answer is YES, unlike your lot we move on, some of you boys are still creaming themselves over the 4-0 stuffing you gave us in 2019, meanwhile your still L1 and will remain so, while we’re not.
Have a nice day Hugh
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2023 5:45 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Disorientated

Arf Arf

Panning Blackburn 3-0 certainly helped greatly in that regard
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 15 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 8:56 pm

come on hugh are exeter that big a club they dont bother with the paint trophy lmao 9-0 already
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 9:56 pm

Angry wrote:
come on hugh are exeter that big a club they dont bother with the paint trophy  lmao 9-0 already

As I explained in my previous post (Wed Sept 13) the club was inundated with injuries. Having said that, it seems unfair that fans parted with their cash to witness that debacle Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:28 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:
come on hugh are exeter that big a club they dont bother with the paint trophy  lmao 9-0 already

As I explained in my previous post (Wed Sept 13) the club was inundated with injuries. Having said that, it seems unfair that fans parted with their cash to witness that debacle Embarassed

but 9-0 though hugh 9-0 at home and not even to a full strength reading,,, even if its the efl trophy that should worry the manager as much as it should worry our manager that his reserves arent good enough to not go 2-0 in ten minutes.

oh well lets talk about the rugby instead it seems england are reverting to the old days of playing for pens and drop goals again in this world cup to compensate that this squad isnt good enough to play teams for tries while its going through its rebuild years.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 10:51 am

Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:

but 9-0 though hugh 9-0 at home and not even to a full strength reading,,, even if its the efl trophy that should worry the manager as much as it should worry our manager that his reserves arent good enough to not go 2-0 in ten minutes.

oh well  lets talk about the rugby instead  it seems england are reverting to the old days of playing for pens and drop goals again in this world cup to compensate that this squad isnt good enough to play teams for tries while its going through its rebuild years.

Tbf, when it actually mattered ( in the league ) didn’t Exeter beat Reading 2-1?

That said, 2-1 to 0-9 is probably as much of an extreme swing as you’re ever likely to see from two teams playing each other in the space of a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 12:02 pm

Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:

oh well  lets talk about the rugby instead  it seems england are reverting to the old days of playing for pens and drop goals again in this world cup to compensate that this squad isnt good enough to play teams for tries while its going through its rebuild years.

Tbf, when it actually mattered ( in the league ) didn’t Exeter beat Reading 2-1?

That said, 2-1 to 0-9 is probably as much of an extreme swing as you’re ever likely to see from two teams playing each other in the space of a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Exeter league 1 relegation thread.
Page 15 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next