pepsipete
seadog
Mock Cuncher
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Hooligans at Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Hooligans at Argyle   Hooligans at Argyle EmptyThu May 12, 2011 11:09 pm

This season there has been a distrurbing growth of unsavoury incidents at Home Park. I have been on patrol for 9 seasons in a row now and this has to be the worst of the lot so far. The following incidents have made me seriously consider whether or not I want to continue in my role of ensuring spectator safety next season:

- Argyle vs Exeter in the JPT; Yobbos in Block 16 threw flares onto the pitch and then went beserk. One steward was hurt when he tried to help the police trying to hold them back, thankfully the rest of us were allowed to watch from the security of being behind the segregation netting.

- Nigel, the steward between block 5 and 6, nearly fell down the stairs when some nutjob hooligan left her bag jutting out from her aisle just before half time when Argyle played Dagenham. The first aider was called and he is lucky that he didnt ruin his ankle for life.

- I got stung by a wasp during the Argyle - Rochdale match. I was unable to watch the second half.

- Some raving psychopath challenged one of my erstwhile colleagues to a fisticuffs duel at the end of the last game of the season. Apparently the drunken loon thought he was deserving of his own lap of honour. Cos he was with his mates and they were getting rowdy we felt we had to let them get a little closer to the pitch so they could feel special.

It's a tough life being an Argyle steward with the number of delinquents on the rise. No
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hooligans at Argyle   Hooligans at Argyle EmptySat May 14, 2011 8:17 am

Welcome to the forum Steward, I am sure all on here will sympathise with you.
A difficult job, ensuring the safety of ordinary fans whilst having to cope with the demands of minor celebs and proper fans.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Hooligans at Argyle   Hooligans at Argyle EmptySat May 14, 2011 2:05 pm

You an hardly call a wasp a hooligan, unless it was a Watford one.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Hooligans at Argyle   Hooligans at Argyle EmptyThu May 19, 2011 9:55 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Hooligans at Argyle   Hooligans at Argyle EmptyTue May 24, 2011 9:45 am

pepsipete wrote:
It's alright mate, Steward number 41 chased it off.

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Hooligans at Argyle   Hooligans at Argyle EmptyTue May 24, 2011 10:29 am

Steward how do you feel about the chants about Steward Supervisor #4 being a wanker?

PS I heard the drunken loon has a dosier of all steward's addresses- be careful out there!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Hooligans at Argyle   Hooligans at Argyle EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 9:57 pm

bump !
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Hooligans at Argyle   Hooligans at Argyle EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 10:54 am

pepsipete wrote:

Wasps are evil insects.....

Many years ago i was doing some gardening type work and i cut in to a nest, as i ran as fast as i could there was a single wasp that stayed with me and finally stung me in the ear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hooligans at Argyle   Hooligans at Argyle EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:35 am

Luckily in the recent Argo v City Devon Expressway Derby they hit upon the plan of hiring about three hundred women and children to use as a human shield between the glorious warriors of both sides.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hooligans at Argyle   Hooligans at Argyle Empty

Back to top Go down

Hooligans at Argyle
Page 1 of 1