I can't believe I'm the first person back

Go down 
+2
sufferedsince 68
Flat_Track_Bully
6 posters
AuthorMessage

I can't believe I'm the first person back Empty
PostSubject: I can't believe I'm the first person back   I can't believe I'm the first person back EmptySun May 10, 2015 12:43 am

Well what can you say, plenty of huff and puff first half, we should have scored a goal or two from the positions achieved bu our crosses are weak or non existent. Roobs worked hard to make something from half chances, Wycombe four or five strong at the back, first time in our end and they score. More huff and puff, a dodgy hand ball? Our players all stop and the ball is stroked into the right hand corner. Half time and it felt like it was all over really. Wycombe dont look that great, nobody stood out particularly but they looked easier on the ball and more consistent in the basics. I was hoping that, B Reid, Lewi or blizzard would just run at somebody, their right back with the dreads was piss poor and asking for someone with pace to turn him but long ball after long ball was wiped up by their defence. The third goal and people were leaving in droves, Ansah and Banton on and it soon changed the game. I thought Bantons worst fault was not just hanging on to the ball and running in the box, when he did he caused problems, ansahs goal looked to be created from f all, ball came to him outside the box, tap and bang, great finish, then almost the same from Banton for the second. Got it all to do in the second leg but we have given ourselves a chance.
In short, we weren't that great, we dither, our supposed best defence went missing, often. Apart from B Reid, Lewi, Blizzard we were to static, too predictable, Ansah and Bants changed it for us with a bit of pace, that's our only hope in the second leg.
Frankly I was a little disappointed with Argyle if they had played with the bollocks they did from the off instead of waiting until we were three nil down we would have won it.
I'm pissed and going to watch family guy. drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I'm the first person back   I can't believe I'm the first person back EmptySun May 10, 2015 11:06 am

Yeh thanks Iggs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I'm the first person back   I can't believe I'm the first person back EmptySun May 10, 2015 11:07 am

Well done Iggy, great to hear a first hand account.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I'm the first person back   I can't believe I'm the first person back EmptySun May 10, 2015 11:08 am

Yeh can I second the above, well done to Iggy for giving more than the average for this effort when it has to be said he was very pissed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I'm the first person back   I can't believe I'm the first person back EmptySun May 10, 2015 11:09 am

Come on, calm down peeps, I don't do this for the plaudits.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I'm the first person back   I can't believe I'm the first person back EmptySun May 10, 2015 11:12 am

Iggy wrote:
I was hoping that, B Reid, Lewi or blizzard would just run at somebody,... Apart from B Reid, Lewi, Blizzard we were to static

Blizzard didn't play. Are you sure you were at the match?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I'm the first person back   I can't believe I'm the first person back EmptySun May 10, 2015 11:19 am

Iggy wrote:
Yeh thanks Iggs.

Where were you when we were shit?cheersjocolor
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I'm the first person back   I can't believe I'm the first person back EmptySun May 10, 2015 12:46 pm

Cheers iggy, i was there at HP until 9:15pm, then left deflated. Agree with what you say.

Argyle will have to play much better on Thursday if they are to progress.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I'm the first person back   I can't believe I'm the first person back EmptySun May 10, 2015 1:03 pm

Iggy wrote:
Come on, calm down peeps, I don't do this for the plaudits.

All those post in succession......are they your idea of having multiple accounts......didn't you wonder why Blizzard looked so fresh at the final whistle..... drunk
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I'm the first person back   I can't believe I'm the first person back EmptySun May 10, 2015 1:26 pm

If ever a team's qualities was ever represented it's clubs constituent parts this is it!!!
Dour - Manager, Owner.
No leadership - Manager, Owner, Directors.
Lack of vision - Manager, Owner, Directors.
Predictable - Manager.
Flattery to deceive - Owner, Directors.
Inability to overcome adversity -Manager, Owner.

That said, my carcass was dragged kicking and screaming to watch my 1st game in 2 or is it 3 year?, by my son-in-law!

1st half, we looked, ok at times, pedestrian mostly, non -dangerous, predictable and very patternised - nobody making dangerous runs other than positional, scared to have a real go, soft - very easy to knock of the ball.
Wasteful - chances were spurned, was it a lack of skills or confidence!!

WW, looked fitter, faster and able to explode forward and expose our defence at will!
That said, they weren't a lot better than us - just looked more organised and like they knew what they wanted to do, some with perhaps slightly better, individual skills and certainly much better ball retention!

Our much vaunted defence fell prey to 3 set-play, training ground routines which caused havoc, panic and confusion (by design) with marking and picking up runners - it's not rocket science, but i was impressed by WW in this respect, i didn't see 1 all night from Argyle - surely a must at lower levels where skills are limited!!!
1st half we had many chances, not 1 on target, they had 2 and scored, twice!!!!
Not fair, i could see the handball from up in the back row of the gods in the Moanflower, why couldn't the ref, or indeed the lino on our side by the 1/2 way line - i mean jeez, they give them comms to use!!!!

2nd half was truly dreadful, no heart, bottle, desire to pull back, i've seen better park football - we were lucky to not be 0-4/5 down!
Their 3rd was truly shocking, where are the leaders in the middle!!!
The subs made some difference!!

I left the match for the 1st time ever in 45 years of watching sport, early, at about 80 mins, convinced that was it, i was bored and very disappointed with this 1/2 hearted display!
As i pulled up outside my home, we scored the 2nd goal - was i surprised - you bet, disappointed to miss the goals - caught them on Sky, not really,  but really pleased we have a fighting chance going into the 2nd leg, especially for the many who are going up!!!

Our corners and free kicks were sent to the moon, so easy to defend.
I didn't think Luke did that well for the last 2 goals, should've  marshalled the defence for that 3rd goal!!!
RR was a waste of space, didn't look fit, went up and down in straight lines and was man marked out the game too easily - a poor decision to play him and poor reward for Brunt's apparent good display at Shrews!!
Bobby Reid prolly was my MOTM.
I can see why many say there is the makings of a good side here, there are a few  enough with good individual skills, but i think it is the way they are set up to play and the dynamic mix of the players with not 1 true captain, leader type out there!!

Thanks speccy, piggy, webbfeet et al for reminding me why i do not go any longer or have the desire, to watch a parochial, village, underfunded, cringe-worthy club any more.

Argyle angels bless 'em but no thanks, forza nerdy/bob marley singing/phone light waving, webb -  manufactured crap - no thanks, placard waving, penny pinching rudderless club - NO THANKS!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I'm the first person back   I can't believe I'm the first person back EmptySun May 10, 2015 1:34 pm

Good Post
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I'm the first person back   I can't believe I'm the first person back EmptySun May 10, 2015 3:40 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
Iggy wrote:
I was hoping that, B Reid, Lewi or blizzard would just run at somebody,... Apart from B Reid, Lewi, Blizzard we were to static

Blizzard didn't play. Are you sure you were at the match?

Erm pretty sure or that was some wild trip. Was at the back of seventeen whilst good for seeing action at he zoo end isn't so good for these old eyes to read the names, must have been AOC?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I'm the first person back   I can't believe I'm the first person back EmptySun May 10, 2015 3:44 pm

All the Presidents Men wrote:
If ever a team's qualities was ever represented it's clubs constituent parts this is it!!!
Dour - Manager, Owner.
No leadership - Manager, Owner, Directors.
Lack of vision - Manager, Owner, Directors.
Predictable - Manager.
Flattery to deceive - Owner, Directors.
Inability to overcome adversity -Manager, Owner.

That said, my carcass was dragged kicking and screaming to watch my 1st game in 2 or is it 3 year?, by my son-in-law!

1st half, we looked, ok at times, pedestrian mostly, non -dangerous, predictable and very patternised - nobody making dangerous runs other than positional, scared to have a real go, soft - very easy to knock of the ball.
Wasteful - chances were spurned, was it a lack of skills or confidence!!

WW, looked fitter, faster and able to explode forward and expose our defence at will!
That said, they weren't a lot better than us - just looked more organised and like they knew what they wanted to do, some with perhaps slightly better, individual skills and certainly much better ball retention!

Our much vaunted defence fell prey to 3 set-play, training ground routines which caused havoc, panic and confusion (by design) with marking and picking up runners - it's not rocket science, but i was impressed by WW in this respect, i didn't see 1 all night from Argyle - surely a must at lower levels where skills are limited!!!
1st half we had many chances, not 1 on target, they had 2 and scored, twice!!!!
Not fair, i could see the handball from up in the back row of the gods in the Moanflower, why couldn't the ref, or indeed the lino on our side by the 1/2 way line - i mean jeez, they give them comms to use!!!!

2nd half was truly dreadful, no heart, bottle, desire to pull back, i've seen better park football - we were lucky to not be 0-4/5 down!
Their 3rd was truly shocking, where are the leaders in the middle!!!
The subs made some difference!!

I left the match for the 1st time ever in 45 years of watching sport, early, at about 80 mins, convinced that was it, i was bored and very disappointed with this 1/2 hearted display!
As i pulled up outside my home, we scored the 2nd goal - was i surprised - you bet, disappointed to miss the goals - caught them on Sky, not really,  but really pleased we have a fighting chance going into the 2nd leg, especially for the many who are going up!!!

Our corners and free kicks were sent to the moon, so easy to defend.
I didn't think Luke did that well for the last 2 goals, should've  marshalled the defence for that 3rd goal!!!
RR was a waste of space, didn't look fit, went up and down in straight lines and was man marked out the game too easily - a poor decision to play him and poor reward for Brunt's apparent good display at Shrews!!
Bobby Reid prolly was my MOTM.
I can see why many say there is the makings of a good side here, there are a few  enough with good individual skills, but i think it is the way they are set up to play and the dynamic mix of the players with not 1 true captain, leader type out there!!

Thanks speccy, piggy, webbfeet et al for reminding me why i do not go any longer or have the desire, to watch a parochial, village, underfunded, cringe-worthy club any more.

Argyle angels bless 'em but no thanks, forza nerdy/bob marley singing/phone light waving, webb -  manufactured crap - no thanks, placard waving, penny pinching rudderless club - NO THANKS!!

Good Post Good Post Good Post Jedi Knight
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I'm the first person back   I can't believe I'm the first person back EmptySun May 10, 2015 7:18 pm

JUST BACK...!!!!11one!!1

First half unlucky to be 2-0 dain.

Second half the worst I've ever seen us play (hyperbole, etc), before two goals out of nowhere.

Still in the tie and Wycombe should be fuming they've allowed it so.

McCormick = alright.

Defence = ripped apart by Holloway + Hayes.

Midfield = completely over-run. There's 3 of them in there, all chasing shadows ffs.

Wingbacks, Holmes Dennis looked good, Mellor was shite.

Attack = Alessandra busy enough throughout, Reid we've gotta create chances for him, Ansah bomb, Banton's directness a threat.

Enjoyed it. 3-0 down was season over, 3-2 was buzzing, as Wycombe effectively gave our hopes a huge boost.

Still think the most likely goal had the game had another 20 minutes would have come from Wycombe as they were both ait the blue, but who knows what happens on Thursday..

Was pleased there were no stewards at all in my section of the ground, smuggled up 4 beers at halftime and drank them through the second half.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I'm the first person back   I can't believe I'm the first person back Empty

Back to top Go down

I can't believe I'm the first person back
Page 1 of 1