Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Drew Talbot Linked (now signed)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Drew Talbot Linked (now signed) Empty
PostSubject: Drew Talbot Linked (now signed)   Drew Talbot Linked (now signed) EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 11:26 am

From Brents Herald

Not a bad player to have here in fairness if he comes. However i think its a cert that if he comes or is even being considered publicly that O'Connor is not coming back. Although, the penny should have dropped on that front for a few when the club reallocated his squad number despite trying to re sign him.

Now who will Sheridan bring in to replace Kellet as that deal is taking too long to be confident over for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Drew Talbot Signs   Drew Talbot Linked (now signed) EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 1:59 pm

End of season loan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drew Talbot Linked (now signed)   Drew Talbot Linked (now signed) EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 2:02 pm

Now signed

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Drew Talbot Linked (now signed)   Drew Talbot Linked (now signed) EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 2:34 pm

This guy looks to be a very good player judging by the comments on the Chesterfield forums [which admittedly isn't a 100% guarantee on the merits of any player],my guess is that he'll be playing on the right hand side of midfield, where the team could certainly do with an injection of pace. It does worry the shit out of me though that Argyle seem to be signing players with bad injury records, very similar to Lowry when Fletcher was in charge. I really hope my fears are unfounded but good luck to him anyway, hope stay is fruitful for him and Argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drew Talbot Linked (now signed)   Drew Talbot Linked (now signed) EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 3:09 pm

If he can stay fit for the majority of his spell here we will have a very good and useful player on our hands who could play anywhere down the right handside and even up front so Morgan will for sure be off now Smile
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Drew Talbot Linked (now signed)   Drew Talbot Linked (now signed) EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 3:50 pm

Greenskin wrote:
This guy looks to be a very good player judging by the comments on the Chesterfield forums [which admittedly isn't a 100% guarantee on the merits of any player],my guess is that he'll be playing on the right hand side of midfield, where the team could certainly do with an injection of pace. It does worry the shit out of me though that Argyle seem to be signing players with bad injury records, very similar to Lowry when Fletcher was in charge. I really hope my fears are unfounded but good luck to him anyway, hope stay is fruitful for him and Argyle.
Encouraging comments. Thumbs Gas fans were the same about Brunt. Brum fans were not quite as supportive about Lee.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Drew Talbot Linked (now signed)   Drew Talbot Linked (now signed) EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 4:45 pm

Yep, looks like Drew will keep Brunty company in the treatment room. Do Chesterfield the big club in this deal, pay half his wages to help the little club out?
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Drew Talbot Linked (now signed)   Drew Talbot Linked (now signed) EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 4:46 pm

Sounds useful but fitness is a worry, he's been out all season. Could also backfire if he proves his fitness, they can recall him after 28 days.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Drew Talbot Linked (now signed)   Drew Talbot Linked (now signed) EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 10:38 pm

He's a cult hero at Sheffield Wednesday apparently - scored the winner in the League One play-off final.

Welcome aboard, Pilgrim.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drew Talbot Linked (now signed)   Drew Talbot Linked (now signed) EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 11:01 pm

Meh. Match fitness is the worry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drew Talbot Linked (now signed)   Drew Talbot Linked (now signed) EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 11:13 am

If these players were fit and firing, they wouldn't be going out on loan. They would be in their first teams.

So as usual, a gamble signing. I am sure he is a fantastic player when on form, problem is the Chesterfield management can see he isn't match fit and no doubt we will have to see him struggle for 4 games to find fitness.

Look at Paul Hayes, a top striker at this level, currently leading the line with the league leaders. Utterly unfit, unsharp and a useless waste of a shirt with us.

But at the end of the day, at least we have a proven player of pedigree at this level coming in - which sadly is more than we can say for Sheridan's previous transfer.

Good luck to Mr. Talbot - hopefully all goes well and we can look forward to a potential permanent transfer in the summer cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drew Talbot Linked (now signed)   Drew Talbot Linked (now signed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Drew Talbot Linked (now signed)
Page 1 of 1