Go down 
+2
Dingle
Chemical Ali
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Catering at Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Catering at Argyle   Catering at Argyle EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 9:36 am

Despite the catering scoring poorly in every John Lloyd survey the club want another one-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Dingle

Catering at Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catering at Argyle   Catering at Argyle EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 10:12 am

Doesn't need a survey - just get the board to join praaaper fans for once, queue up for ages in a concrete bunker and eventually get served overpriced, poor quality food and drink. The grandstand is even worse as you can add in the pong from bogs to the overall experience.
Back to top Go down

Catering at Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catering at Argyle   Catering at Argyle EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 11:44 am

The prices are over inflated for products that have quite clearly put together on the cheap. Its extortion really no two ways about it.

When you can buy a 1/4 cheeseburger from the burger vans outside the ground for £3:50 and with that you get add ons and its hot to eat and tastes nice pending n the individual. so you can argue that £3:50 is a fair price.

Then if you bought the same burger inside the ground its not only cold, soggy, tough, dry and not fresh at all you still pay £3:50 for it aswell! And ingredients to make it are bog standard too.

Also, i would love to know how they justify charging nearly a £1 for a mars bar where everywhere else charges you between 50-70p and thats just one example of their london prices.

Someone at the club is taking the piss and has been for years its not just a Brent thing here.
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

Catering at Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catering at Argyle   Catering at Argyle EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 7:42 pm

To my mind, anyone who eats football ground burgers deserves to get indigestion (or worse). I'd say that football ground food is universally awful.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Catering at Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catering at Argyle   Catering at Argyle EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 7:54 pm

pilgrimfather wrote:
To my mind, anyone who eats football ground burgers deserves to get indigestion (or worse). I'd say that football ground food is universally awful.

They are atrocious, no two ways about it. Franchise catering is shit generally and a complete rip off, two quid for some hot water, a tea bag and a minimal amount of milk. Makes you hanker for the days of the little old lady selling superb pasties in the kiosk at the back of the Lyndhurst.
Back to top Go down

Catering at Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catering at Argyle   Catering at Argyle EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 8:23 pm

Greenskin wrote:
pilgrimfather wrote:

They are atrocious, no two ways about it. Franchise catering is shit generally and a complete rip off, two quid for some hot water, a tea bag and a minimal amount of milk. Makes you hanker for the days of the little old lady selling superb pasties in the kiosk at the back of the Lyndhurst.

I don't know why they cant rent out the kiosks to people like that myself. Let them make or supply food and drink at their kiosk, they are in charge of quality n prices and at the end of game, they give the club a cut of the takings they make a living and fans have something edable to eat.

And on the flip side if they ae crap the club can get rid and give the kiosk to another.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

Catering at Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catering at Argyle   Catering at Argyle EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 10:44 pm

They might regret the question at the end allowing fans to make their own comments.
Back to top Go down

Catering at Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catering at Argyle   Catering at Argyle EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 11:02 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
They might regret the question at the end allowing fans to make their own comments.

As chemical said, in all the years the club have or john lloyd has done these surveys they have ignored the views of fans on this matter. I Cant see them doing anything different now.

If i were a paranoid man i would say there is new catering company lined up already and this is away for them to say we listened to you and here is ivor dewdneys.
Back to top Go down

Catering at Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catering at Argyle   Catering at Argyle EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 11:08 am

I like Angries' idea. Why not have a load of different suppliers, pasties obvs, decent baguettes and filled rolls at another, some chips, burgers and hotdogs, bit of Chinese or Mexican, a decent coffee and hot drink stall, a soup kitchen (for Brent), pizza?
The main problem about eating and drinking at Argyle is the poor service, they should have a beer stall ala The Emirates, bitter and lager in plastic pints all drawn up at the bar, bang, bang, bang, tea and coffe separate. It takes too damn long to get served if you can manage to get served at all at half time, I don't even bother these days.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Catering at Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catering at Argyle   Catering at Argyle EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 11:34 am

The only positive change this season has been the introduction of Thatchers instead of the disgraceful piss water, Kingston Press.

That said, the club still haven't twigged that hundreds of potential halftime customers don't bother because of the rediculous 30-40yd queues mainly made up of dutiful thicko Janner-types who don't have the brain capacity to get annoyed at missing the start of the 2nd half.   No

It's maybe harsh, but for me, those queueing epitomise the Village mentality that pervades.
Back to top Go down

Catering at Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catering at Argyle   Catering at Argyle EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 11:39 am

You would also think that if Steak and Kidney Pie is popular with fans for example that you would have more steak and kidney pies made to sell. Seems simple to me.

However for years catering have never twigged on to what sells and doesnt and still continue to rub out of the more popular items before halftime
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Catering at Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catering at Argyle   Catering at Argyle Empty

Back to top Go down

Catering at Argyle
Page 1 of 1