sufferedsince 68
pilgrimfather
Greenskin
Rickler
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Wotton Retired!! (kind of) Empty
PostSubject: Wotton Retired!! (kind of)   Wotton Retired!! (kind of) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 11:08 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

While he is still registered, he wont play again this season and effectively for Argyle again.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retired!! (kind of)   Wotton Retired!! (kind of) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:22 pm

Retired... Into another Argyle job for life!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retired!! (kind of)   Wotton Retired!! (kind of) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:34 pm

Rickler wrote:

Retired...  Into another Argyle job for life!

He is the net Argyle manager in waiting. Good or bad i can see it happening.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retired!! (kind of)   Wotton Retired!! (kind of) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:52 pm

Angry wrote:
Rickler wrote:

So can I. Worrying, innit.

'E BLEEDS GREEN ,HE DO! lol! jocolor
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retired!! (kind of)   Wotton Retired!! (kind of) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:18 pm

He is the cheap obvious choice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retired!! (kind of)   Wotton Retired!! (kind of) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:18 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:
Rickler wrote:

At least he is doing it the right way like getting coaching badges getting experience working with players etc unlike when Fletcher got thrown to the lions but its doesnt fill me with confidence if Wotton took over from Sheridan. Maybe after the next manager when he has more knowledge to his abilities.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retired!! (kind of)   Wotton Retired!! (kind of) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:23 pm

Wotton would be a Brent type appointment.... cheap and disasterous!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retired!! (kind of)   Wotton Retired!! (kind of) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:29 pm

Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:
Rickler wrote:

At least he is doing it the right way like getting coaching badges getting experience working with players etc unlike when Fletcher got thrown to the lions but its doesnt fill me with confidence if Wotton took over from Sheridan. Maybe after the next manager when he has more knowledge to his abilities.

Nothing against Wotton, it's just that Fletcher, Mariner, Hodges, Hore, Saxton, Ufton, Jones and McCall have all been either ex players or promotees from within and all have proved to be unsuccessful to a greater or lesser extent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retired!! (kind of)   Wotton Retired!! (kind of) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:39 pm

Wotton needs to go non league or league two struggler well away from Argyle, get experience then come back when he's good and ready, replacing Shez with Wotts would be doomed to failiure.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retired!! (kind of)   Wotton Retired!! (kind of) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:50 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:
Rickler wrote:

Nothing against Wotton, it's just that Fletcher, Mariner, Hodges, Hore, Saxton, Ufton, Jones and McCall have all been either ex players or promotees from within and all have proved to be unsuccessful to a greater or lesser extent.
Yep - spot on! However without checking on GoS didn't Saxton do OK before moving to Blackburn? I should know really being a 50 year man with Argyle salute
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retired!! (kind of)   Wotton Retired!! (kind of) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 6:33 pm

Tbf, everyone thought Purse or Wotton were managers in waiting when Fletcher left and it didn't happen.

The only way I'd be comfortable with it for Wotton is if Warnock was in the background as a DOF/Mentor.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retired!! (kind of)   Wotton Retired!! (kind of) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 6:34 pm

tigertony wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:
Rickler wrote:

Yep - spot on! However without checking on GoS didn't Saxton do OK before moving to Blackburn? I should know really being a 50 year man with Argyle salute

Saxton was not too bad in all fairness, solid enough results and seem to remember him bringing in players like Crudgie, Sims, Kemp and Nisbet to the club. And also to be fair, Johnny Hore did get us to the FA cup semi final but was awful as far as the league was concerned.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retired!! (kind of)   Wotton Retired!! (kind of) EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 10:43 pm

Although joking I'm sure, Sheridan saying he was fitter than Wotts now calls to mind how shocked I was to see a svelte Trigger walk out for the half time draw at HP a while back.

If there was ever an ex-player I thought would balloon into a sumo after retiring it was Trigger. A legendarily poor trainer, his half time 'warm-ups' on the pitch as a substitute were laughable, hands never out of tracksuit pockets.

It was a bit of a piss-take therefore to see him having retired for a few years looking fitter than he ever did as a player Suspect
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retired!! (kind of)   Wotton Retired!! (kind of) EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 1:24 am

Greenskin wrote:
Saxton was not too bad in all fairness, solid enough results and seem to remember him bringing in players like Crudgie,

LOl...  ...and how long was he at Argyle for in various roles?

Wotton is the new Crudgie!
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retired!! (kind of)   Wotton Retired!! (kind of) EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 10:00 am

As if typical of this site hardly one word of positivity.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retired!! (kind of)   Wotton Retired!! (kind of) EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 10:13 am

Many happy memories of him as a player. Having been in Burnley on that dismal day in Burnley, it's hard to believe he's still here nearly 20 years later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retired!! (kind of)   Wotton Retired!! (kind of) EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 10:31 am

gasser9 wrote:

Total bollocks, negativity from you about the site, some negativity from other posters ala Wotton and some reasoned views and comment. Why don't you either join in and put your side of the argument or stay out of it?
Feck me the concept of a forum seems to hard for some people to understand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retired!! (kind of)   Wotton Retired!! (kind of) EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 11:05 am

gasser9 wrote:

What a negative post...
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retired!! (kind of)   Wotton Retired!! (kind of) EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 11:16 am

Angry wrote:
gasser9 wrote:

What a negative post...
Why aren't you at work then Angry or at least picking up litter laugh
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retired!! (kind of)   Wotton Retired!! (kind of) EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 11:42 am

tigertony wrote:
Angry wrote:
gasser9 wrote:

What a negative post...

A low blow Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retired!! (kind of)   Wotton Retired!! (kind of) EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 11:55 am

tigertony wrote:
Angry wrote:
gasser9 wrote:

What a negative post...

day off and i dont work for free so im the wrong sort for argyle...
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retired!! (kind of)   Wotton Retired!! (kind of) EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 12:19 pm

Misplaced positivity is the curse of 21st century Britain.

Talent and inspirational leadership is what is needed. Both qualities in very short supply at HP these days.

Any fool can 'just support' and the obvious childlike benefits offered to the most 'positive' are there for all to see.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retired!! (kind of)   Wotton Retired!! (kind of) EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 2:29 am

Iggy wrote:
gasser9 wrote:

Total bollocks, negativity from you about the site, some negativity from other posters ala Wotton and some reasoned views and comment. Why don't you either join in and put your side of the argument or stay out of it?

You are 100% correct whatever was I thinking about because as you yourself said replacing Shez with Wotts would be an absolute disaster and that's the kind of positivity this site needs.
I have just read the "new striker in thread" and thats full of positivity as well. Almost everybody is positive the new boy is shite before he has even kicked a ball for us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retired!! (kind of)   Wotton Retired!! (kind of) EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 9:42 am

Whilst I wouldn't want him as manager he'd be much better than Fletcher et al imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retired!! (kind of)   Wotton Retired!! (kind of) EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 10:54 am

gasser9 wrote:
Iggy wrote:
gasser9 wrote:

You are 100% correct whatever was I thinking about because as you yourself said replacing Shez with Wotts would be an absolute disaster and that's the kind of positivity this site needs.
I have just read the "new striker in thread" and thats full of positivity as well. Almost everybody is positive the new boy is shite before he has even kicked a ball for us.

If you dont like it on here then dont log in and post its that simple.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retired!! (kind of)   Wotton Retired!! (kind of) Empty

Back to top Go down

Wotton Retired!! (kind of)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next