Cornish Chris
sufferedsince 68
lawnmowerman
Czarcasm
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

What do we need? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 1:53 pm

pilgrimfather wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
We need a miracle..

A miracle for what to occur? Knowing this site you probably mean a miracle to avoid relegation. tongue

Bobby Reid back... a fully-fit defence for the rest of the season... another regular goalscorer, yes, though every team in England wants one of those, certainly every team in this division.

The miracle we are waiting for is for the owner to wake up and realise that first and foremost we are a football club, that is our bread and butter and without success on the field we are fecked. We have been trying promotion on the cheap and this is the result. As an older fan I have seen squads come and go and several squads that would piss this league. Non of those squads have been made up of loanees, we've seen it all before. We usually get a decent player on loan from September and lose them in January if they are any good, we hear all the platitudes about how they really enjoyed their time here and would love to stay.......and then their off, same as Reid, same as O'Conner, seen it all before. What we need is a complete squad which we own the bulk of including all the good ones. We haven't even got two players on the bench that can fill the boots of our main eleven in fact we don't really have one. We are about six or seven players away from a decent squad. Even if we stayed in the playoffs until the end we will lose because we can't play away from home. The sooner we hear some proper angst from the fans the better, Brent has got off feckin lightly at HP.
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 3:08 pm

I think at this level we're always going to rely on loanees, that's the way it's done these days at this level.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 3:32 pm

I disagree, at this level you need to identify and nurture bright young sparks, you need a couple of hoary old pros. ala Hayles or Trigger, some good solid journeymen ala Coughlan or Hodges then a spend a little on wages to get a couple of really good Hourihane type prospects to give you a bit of zip. Once you have a good solid squad that are all going to know each other for more than five minutes, then and only then can you start to give some backup here and there with a couple of loanees. When the main spine of your team is ripped apart every three months then what chance do you have. Let's not forget we have one of the highest attendances in this league and probably most of league 1.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 5:39 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Ps.....suffered was supposed to be going to do his bit in the Southend trenches but his chauffeur didn't turn up!
I went to southend about 1977-78 for a friday night game,   two one defeat. a great weekend in the land of the Geezer, but im not sure if Green Jim went to that one! i.ve been to away matches when Robert Daniels was the chairmen through to Desperate Dan, and suffered numourous shit managers and players in that time, but i have never felt les motivated to go at any time in the past than i do now under Brents dismal reign! when he and his toadies have gone then i will go again to matches.
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 3:50 pm

Josh Pope wrote:
All the Presidents Men wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:
One thing we do need is a new owner.

Agree with that bhey, Brents total lack of interest in the club or football is fooling no one! were just drifting along in the fourth division wilderness.Our only signings will be short term loans, its the Brent way of managing his investment.

He was at Southend yesterday. Were you?

How pasoti Rolling Eyes

Yes, poor, very poor, the last vestige of pasoti authority - i was there, was you?!

Trouble is, like spanish holidaymakers who have been robbed, most have left their brain cells at home.

'Brents total lack of interest in the club or football is fooling no one!'

Well.. Evidently he's going to away games so he must have some interest in football. Do you really think he would go to away games just to trick everyone into believing that he had a slight interest in football?

It didn't come across like anything else!! lol!

Has the thought ever crossed your mind that Brent may be picking the brains of the 4th divisions finest, as clearly the amoebas who drive and flank him as bodyguards and the rest of the board are hardly inspiring this self - proclaimed novice (i wonder when the L plate officially goes?)!!

Also knowing that he hasn't 2 pennies to rub together, he could be networking (as they do!) looking for more mugs to pour money into the Argyle coffin.
It wasn't a 'hark at him' comment at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What do we need?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: