sufferedsince 68
lawnmowerman
Czarcasm
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

What do we need? Empty
PostSubject: What do we need?   What do we need? EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 6:33 pm

Who do you think we need to sign or get rid of in this transfer window?

Personally I'd look to offload Morgan and Banton. The latter showed signs of promise yesterday and even though I like Marv I don't see what he offers.

We need a striker because the two up top know they're safe from any threats. Lavery would be an ideal one there.

An attacking midfielder? Well if Banton keeps playing like he did yesterday then no, but I'm not sure if he'll manage it consistently.

Other than that I think we're done, other than to extend the loanees, they're both so important.
Back to top Go down

What do we need? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 6:50 pm

Banton is too unreliable and egotistical to keep.

we need cover and competition upfront and in defence, a creative midfielder, and re sign kellet, b.reid and o'connor.
Back to top Go down

What do we need? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 7:14 pm

Get a decent striker to challenge the Lard arse.

Release the useless Banton, and transfer list Harvey.
Back to top Go down

What do we need? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 7:23 pm

I'll go as far to say Bantoj was excellent yesterday first half.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

What do we need? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 7:34 pm

Banton is on a 2 yr contract. So it isn't as easy as just 'releasing' him. He's probably on a relatively decent deal on the back of good performances last year that earned him the 2 year contract initially, so the chances of him choosing to lose money by leaving are slim to none.

If O'Connor ain't coming back then a like for like replacement is a priority.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

What do we need? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 7:44 pm

One thing we do need is a new owner.
Back to top Go down

What do we need? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 8:10 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Banton is on a 2 yr contract. So it isn't as easy as just 'releasing' him. He's probably on a relatively decent deal on the back of good performances last year that earned him the 2 year contract initially, so the chances of him choosing to lose money by leaving are slim to none.

If O'Connor ain't coming back then a like for like replacement is a priority.

his contract is up in june
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

What do we need? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 8:24 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:

Agree with that bhey, Brents total lack of interest in the club or football is fooling no one! were just drifting along in the fourth division wilderness.Our only signings will be short term loans, its the Brent way of managing his investment.
Back to top Go down

What do we need? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 9:07 pm

Can we release Superfans, or the crackpots that are hell bent on destroying the club by accepting mediocrity. ?
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

What do we need? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 10:32 pm

1) Another striker.

2) An extension to O'Connor's loan / a direct replacement.

3) A centre-back as cover for the Magnificent Three of Hartley, Nelson and McHugh.

Edit to add: I'd forgotten we've signed a centre-back on loan from Franchise. So definitely a striker.
Back to top Go down

What do we need? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 10:41 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:

Agree with that bhey, Brents total lack of interest in the club or football is fooling no one! were just drifting along in the fourth division wilderness.Our only signings will be short term loans, its the Brent way of managing his investment.

He was at Southend yesterday. Were you?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

What do we need? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 11:09 pm

Josh Pope wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:

How pasoti Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

What do we need? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 11:12 pm

Ps.....suffered was supposed to be going to do his bit in the Southend trenches but his chauffeur didn't turn up!
Back to top Go down

What do we need? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 11:29 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:

How pasoti Rolling Eyes

He is getting very beardy lately i've noticed
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

What do we need? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 1:02 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:

How pasoti Rolling Eyes

Yes, poor, very poor, the last vestige of pasoti authority - i was there, was you?!

Trouble is, like spanish holidaymakers who have been robbed, most have left their brain cells at home.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

What do we need? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 2:00 am

I like it when people can think on both sides of the argument without getting sucked too deeply into the rabbit hole of one or the other. Keep it coming Josh.

In answer, I'd say Bobby Reid (no doubt we'll be playing a long game there right up until the 31st of January), a like for like replacement for O'Connor if the rumours on the other thread are to be believed, Andy Kellett and a striker.

Maybe another centre-half/right-back on top of that but not priority.
Back to top Go down

What do we need? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 7:40 am

All the Presidents Men wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:

How pasoti Rolling Eyes

Yes, poor, very poor, the last vestige of pasoti authority - i was there, was you?!

Trouble is, like spanish holidaymakers who have been robbed, most have left their brain cells at home.

'Brents total lack of interest in the club or football is fooling no one!'

Well.. Evidently he's going to away games so he must have some interest in football. Do you really think he would go to away games just to trick everyone into believing that he had a slight interest in football?

It wasn't a 'hark at him' comment at all.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

What do we need? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 8:47 am

If I was Brent and had an interest in football, I would as the clubs owner attend every game.
If I was Brent and had no interest in football, I would attend every game, proves nothing, easiest way to avoid all sorts of difficult questions.....

The true measure of the clubs owners ambition will be there as clear as day to see at the end of the window when we can see who we have retained, who has returned and who has been acquired......

The one month loan signing of a CH to cover for Hartley is a mere sticking plaster when judged against 'What do we need'
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

What do we need? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 8:57 am

Sorry ijn Josh I did not attend on Saturday I forgot we are not allowed to make comments about. games unless we have attended. I better stick to commenting about home games as I'm a season ticket holder. salute salute
Back to top Go down

What do we need? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 9:05 am

I'm not hailing James Brent I'm merely stating don't try and fit things to your own opinion when you're wrong. It's nice to have a balanced out view on life sometimes.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

What do we need? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 9:10 am

Josh I was joking with you . you bite far to easy.
Back to top Go down

What do we need? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 9:55 am

It wasn't really aimed at you.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

What do we need? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 12:31 pm

It's a fair comment Josh. Ultimately I would much rather he stayed at home and actually did some work for Argyle.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

What do we need? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 1:12 pm

We need a miracle..
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

What do we need? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 1:30 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
We need a miracle..

A miracle for what to occur? Knowing this site you probably mean a miracle to avoid relegation. tongue

Bobby Reid back... a fully-fit defence for the rest of the season... another regular goalscorer, yes, though every team in England wants one of those, certainly every team in this division.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What do we need? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do we need?   What do we need? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do we need?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: