seadog
lawnmowerman
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

FAO Josh Pope - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope - Page 2 EmptyFri 28 Nov 2014, 22:06

We won't see his ass for dust now the election is over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014, 00:27

Amazingly lads life doesn't revolve around the internet (I know, I know..).

Anyway, you'll probably still see me. Enjoyed this site because I've felt I've had to visit it over the oast few weeks.. But I've actually quite enjoyed most of it.

I'll be here, as much as I appreciate the comment, Anti.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014, 02:51

Police state bollocks
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014, 06:07

GreenSam wrote:
Police state bollocks

Dont hold back sam
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014, 08:15

Agreed Sam, I mentioned the police state in my first post, whilst we have football fans also supporting their low caste treatment at the hands of the authorities then we stand no chance.
Whilst we are on about caste the rugby fans (on the whole) come from a higher ruling caste (tbh most of them are the hideous bungalow dwelling lower middle caste who support wholeheartedly the rights of rich people just in case one day they manage to emulate their achievements) and they wouldn't put up with treatment like that. Football has a lower caste following, the lower castes are educated to a lower level and don't know how to complain or just plain get ignored.
Before anybody starts of me for being classist I would love to see a truly classless society but we are miles away from it at the moment.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014, 09:29

Football is the Opium of the masses......
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014, 09:43

Hasn't it occurred to the club that by putting some curtains along the edge of the (slightly) raised area by the windows the bar could remain open during the game?

Couple of times I've been in there probably two thirds of the people in there have shown no interest in the game at all. Can't see many people forking out for the corporate experience of queuing for a buffet if the bar isn't open.

The Chisholm lounge used to operate a bar throughout the game but you weren't allowed to take your drink away from the bar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014, 10:43

I am glad they are cracking down on this. It used to send me into an uncontrollable rage when I could see people drinking a pint of weak lager during the match in the corporate areas.

I would get more angry though when Argyle conceded a goal so I hope the fuckers ban that next.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014, 10:46

Josh Pope wrote:
Amazingly lads life doesn't revolve around the internet (I know, I know..).

Anyway, you'll probably still see me. Enjoyed this site because I've felt I've had to visit it over the oast few weeks.. But I've actually quite enjoyed most of it.

I'll be here, as much as I appreciate the comment, Anti.

lol! Says the the boy who posts on every football forum in the Universe under multiple usernames, been on the York forum yet Rolling Eyes

And the comment wasn't meant for your appreciation, just a prediction, see you before the next election Tosh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014, 10:57

So, some sad Pasoti mods decided to informed the actual police about this, as if it was going to be half as controversial as the Frank Harper incident?

Good work guys!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014, 12:27

Wait, sorry ejh. What's happened?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014, 19:22

This is nothing to do with the Josh stuff. Unrelated. Crossed wires.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014, 19:36

If I remember rightly, it was introduced to show that something was being done about hooliganism in the dark days of the mid-80s. Originally alcohol sales were banned inside football grounds totally, and then the law was relaxed under pressure from the clubs. It was probably fair enough, given what had happened, but the world has changed.

It also doesn't apply to non-League grounds - it's odd to think that fans will suddenly lose all self-control when their team starts playing Burton Albion rather than Tamworth.
Back to top Go down
MannameadGreen

MannameadGreen

PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014, 19:49

It is, as Sam said, nanny state bollocks. Thatcher-era legislation that is outdated and wasn't even a good idea at the time. We know what she thought of anyone of the working-classes, though.

Not the club's fault though, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of clubs haven't been made aware of this obscure legislation. Starnes at the AFT AGM today talked about a similar situation at Yeovil, and what a stupid law it is.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014, 21:55

Stupid outdated law, yes. Obscure, no. It really should be general knowledge among anyone who runs a Football League club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope - Page 2 EmptyMon 01 Dec 2014, 15:46

AstiSpumante wrote:
We won't see his ass for dust now the election is over.

Look at that.. Still here..
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope - Page 2 EmptyMon 01 Dec 2014, 16:03

Iggy wrote:
Angry wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Why is it a law though? You can drink at a rugby match whilst watching the match can't you?!

But that aside, how village!  Tring will have a field day and rightly so.

Because the people watching rugby and cricket as you can drink at them too arent likely to kick off in the stands after a couple. Some footy fans sadly cant be trusted with booze sadly.

It's a load of fecking nonsense anyway Angers, we used to go to the game then have a few more at the game, a day of steady drinking. The main plan is now to hammer down 4,5,6,7,8 pints before you get to the game as its pretty well impossible to drink at the ground, (barring a couple of well overpriced shit bottled drinks). We then get to the crux is it the drink or the people consuming the drink that are the problem? Surely it would be more effective to legislate against bad behaviour rather than the vehicle used to get to said bad behaviour? The control methods used against football fans wouldn't be tolerated in any other walk of life so why do we put up with them? We aren't living in the seventies anymore let's move on, treat people like cattle and they will act with a herd like mentality, family day experience my arse.
As for the execs. as much as I would like to say feck them in a clas war like attitude I think that they also should be able to enjoy a beer watching the match, funny it's being going on for thirty years with no problems with no one noticing, probably because feck all has happened.
#policestate

Yeah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope - Page 2 EmptyTue 02 Dec 2014, 21:35

this is probably why its not coming back soon Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

FAO Josh Pope
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2