Czarcasm
Tgwu
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

Young to Torquay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Young to Torquay   Young to Torquay - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 4:00 pm

Couple Torquay mates of mine have also said they can't believe we let him go and also agree he's too good for the Conference.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Young to Torquay   Young to Torquay - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 4:17 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
Couple Torquay mates of mine have also said they can't believe we let him go and also agree he's too good for the Conference.

but is he good enough for league one?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Young to Torquay   Young to Torquay - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 4:40 pm

Can someone tell these Torquay fans that whilst it is acceptable to scrutinise Sheridan over his tactics, substitutions and post match comments,  it is absolutely way out of order to suggest he got it wrong over Luke Young.

Luke Young was a 21 year old midfielder that was over the hill, past it, clearly never going to get better, and 9 league goals from centre midfield was nowhere near enough for a lad of his age.

Two stunning goals and an assist in a 4-0 win highlights nothing. If ye was that good Arsenal would have signed him.

He had zero chance of becoming good, and we were really clever to let him go - end of!
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Young to Torquay   Young to Torquay - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 4:59 pm

On another ex-player note Conor Hourihane has been awarded league one player of the month for August. Surprised me but well done to the lad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Young to Torquay   Young to Torquay - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 7:22 pm

Angry wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:
Good luck to Young and the Turks, Hope you come back up this season and the Greeks take your place in the conference Very Happy . I think Hargreaves could become a very good manager and maybe a future Argyle manager. drunken Sleep

sounded like an aviva there asti lol

only time will tell if letting young go was a mistake not now.

I'd been on the sauce all day mate, It tends to magnify my inner aviva..................I love that football club soooooooooo much drunken jocolor
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Young to Torquay   Young to Torquay - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 8:41 pm

It would have been nice if we had the finances to 'bank' midfielders who may come good at some point. Sadly we don't.

Great Conference player tho', Youngy.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Young to Torquay   Young to Torquay - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 9:14 pm

I'd say he had already 'come good' but could have 'come great'.

Glad to see him doing well. I hope Torquay go up or he gets a big move. Preferably, both.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Young to Torquay   Young to Torquay - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 11:28 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
On another ex-player note Conor Hourihane has been awarded league one player of the month for August. Surprised me but well done to the lad.

CH has been scoring screamers nearly every game.
Back to top Go down
jocktheknife

jocktheknife

PostSubject: Re: Young to Torquay   Young to Torquay - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 11:27 pm

Luke's 1st goal's was decent enough, the 2nd after sprinting from his own box, a bit special...

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Young to Torquay   Young to Torquay - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 10:03 am

I hope the lad does well, he can always come back bigger and better.

PostSubject: Re: Young to Torquay   Young to Torquay - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 4:03 pm

Phwoar, good goals there.

Always saw him as a static player with a great ping on him, the energy he displayed in that second goal was much more 'box to box' than when I have seen him.

Hourihane, Nelson and now Young - it does appear that giving these young lads the arm band does make them stand up and be counted - with almost instant signs of transformation.

Nelson similarly was a much more confident and assured CB against Luton than when I had seen him before. He looked a class act. Hartley isn't exactly old at 27, and Nelson has 6 years on him. Almost surely will develop into a top flight player I'd have thought.
Back to top Go down
watgull

PostSubject: Re: Young to Torquay   Young to Torquay - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 2:34 am

35 yards
89 mins 33seconds
Back to top Go down
jocktheknife

jocktheknife

PostSubject: Re: Young to Torquay   Young to Torquay - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 4:45 pm

Does this bloke ever score a shit goal?

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Young to Torquay   Young to Torquay - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 4:47 pm

Yeah great goal, how about changing your name to Twisttheknife?
Back to top Go down
jocktheknife

jocktheknife

PostSubject: Re: Young to Torquay   Young to Torquay - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 4:50 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

Only if you change yours to Les happy'ish

After all you're not in the Conference.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Young to Torquay   Young to Torquay - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 4:56 pm

Woooooah! Didn't Chadders start knocking them in when he dropped to Conf ????
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Young to Torquay   Young to Torquay - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 5:19 pm

tigertony wrote:
Woooooah! Didn't Chadders start knocking them in when he dropped to Conf ????
He didn't score as many as that and he certainly wasn't regarded as one of the best players consistently for a team third in the league. Chadders has retired now anyway after he failed to score following his permanent move there. Two of the goals he scored were against amateur teams in the FA Cup anyway. And from a striking position not midfield.

That aside, fully agreed Laughing
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Young to Torquay   Young to Torquay - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 6:07 pm

jocktheknife wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Only if you change yours to Les happy'ish

After all you're not in the Conference.

Oi, I've never been happy'ish...............MODS, LIBEL!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Young to Torquay   Young to Torquay - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 9:06 pm

jocktheknife wrote:
Does this bloke ever score a shit goal?

It was in the conference mate Sleep

Wouldn't have done that in the amazing 4th tier, and if he was any good he'd be in League One anyway. sunny
Back to top Go down
tagz

PostSubject: Re: Young to Torquay   Young to Torquay - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 11:33 am

Reading today's morning paper talk on Sky Sports

Daily Mirror;

"Torquay's prolific striker Luke Young is a target for Cardiff and Bristol City".
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Young to Torquay   Young to Torquay - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 12:17 pm

Striker?
Back to top Go down
MTM

PostSubject: Re: Young to Torquay   Young to Torquay - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 12:45 pm

Young will go for big money. No doubt about. In my opinion it will further highlight that something is very wrong at our club. Our management and coaches are unable to get the best out of players. It's not a one off either. We are consistent under performers. I don't think it's that the players aren't giving it their all. It just looks like every time they cross that white line they all have the weight of the world on their shoulders. A good manager will take the pressure off players so they can play with out fear. We haven't had that for a very long time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Young to Torquay   Young to Torquay - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 12:55 pm

MTM wrote:
Young will go for big money. No doubt about. In my opinion it will further highlight that something is very wrong at our club. Our management and coaches are unable to get the best out of players. It's not a one off either. We are consistent under performers. I don't think it's that the players aren't giving it their all. It just looks like every time they cross that white line they all have the weight of the world on their shoulders. A good manager will take the pressure off players so they can play with out fear. We haven't had that for a very long time.

maybe he will do but he wont be going yet i dont think he would be silly if he did. He could benefit from first team football more perhaps a whole season before he thinks of moving back up the leagues. If goes in jan he will only to sit in the reserves and be loaned out multiple times which is not what he needs and the whole reasons why he left us.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Young to Torquay   Young to Torquay - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 1:09 pm

Someone else within the club certainly thinks that letting Luke Young go was a mistake:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Young to Torquay   Young to Torquay - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 1:33 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
Someone else within the club certainly thinks that letting Luke Young go was a mistake:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He'll be claiming we got a rough deal for Hourihane next #keepupchris lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Young to Torquay   Young to Torquay - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Young to Torquay
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next