Han Solos Other Ship
SwimWithTheTide
Dick Trickle
hairy j
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread   Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 8:39 pm

i am a fan thankyou very much people lol i did admit i was wrong and trotman played in one of the 3 games when zyph pointed it out.

I fought in the war  salute salute

Last edited by Angry on Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread   Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 8:59 pm

Apparently John Clayton and Sammy Black in the mixed zone said that 125 is a prick. Footage on the baggo tonight.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread   Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 9:08 pm

The game was horrible and yet we could have won it. Their goalie made a wonderful save near the end from a Morgan header and we had a good chance with what turned out to be the last kick of the game but the shot was poor.

Having said that if we had been down to 9 men (Blanchard and, especially, Wotton were both extremely fortunate not to be sent whn they were cautioned) and 3 or 4 goals behind at HT it would not have been unfair.

We did not play well at all. Too many of our players lost the personal battles and we were generally out-muscled all over the pitch.

Cole was a bit dodgy but his goal was under so much pressure so often that blaming him when others were just as disappointing is unfair.

Horrible away end, beautiful sunny day, a match to forget but Rovers were there for the taking and Sturrock's mob would have had 'em.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread   Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 9:10 pm

Just off train at Sherborne - shocker performance and Gas wanted more, was at the back of terrace so couldnt see much anyhow!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread   Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 9:10 pm

Bad dsy, but still in the hunt for play offs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread   Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 9:12 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
Just off train at Sherborne - shocker performance and Gas wanted more, was at the back of terrace so couldnt see much anyhow!!

bet you were chuffed with that!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread   Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 9:14 pm

Angry wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:

bet you were chuffed with that!

Vino in hand so mellow!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread   Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 10:11 pm

Sparksy doesn't agree with you Cobi

Jake Coe (as Sparksy can't say Cole)"Two double saves of the highest quality"
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread   Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 10:22 pm

Saw the goals earlier on SSN-could be argued that a more commanding keeper would have come for both of those balls but fact is that Cole is a line goalkeeper and there's no problem with that-one of the best keepers to play for Argyle was a line keeper,namely Rhys Wilmot.If your keeper plays that way then the centre backs should be cleaning out anything that comes into the area,which they certainly failed to do today-the marking for the first goal was disgraceful,the bloke was just about on his hands and knees,totally alone at the far post when he headed it in.The keeper is always an easy target in these situations but looked to me as if the problems went far deeper than that today.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread   Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 10:38 pm

Bloody awful performance- only Nelson and Berry came out of that with what I would say was a good performance. As bad as I've seen us play right throughout the years of crap.

2-1 is a false scoreline, over the balance of play it really was as much of a battering as we handed to Fleetwood/Morecambe or as York handed to us.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread   Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 8:13 am

We won't get in the playoffs!
Unless we are consistent.
We are not consistent - enough.
Sheridan has been banging on about this for weeks.
In terms of footballing matters Sheridan has generally been accurate in his judgement.
So I believe him mainly.
Support the team fully but keep our feet on the ground.
"we have won nothing yet" J.S.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread   Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 9:08 am

Standing yesterday on the away terrace was like going back in time. I can't decide whether or not I preferred it to sitting or not. On the one hand it was pretty much impossible to follow the game as it unfolded on about a quarter of the pitch due to being unable to see it on the other hand it was great to bump into people and I met up with several people on the terrace that I haven't seen for ages and this might not have happened if the ground was seated.

One thing is fairly certain and Rovers milk every advantage they can out of their stadium by making it almost impossible for away fans to generate any atmosphere. The GA was there in good number yesterday but it was strangely subdued.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread   Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 10:18 am

Our squad is too lightweight, Shez has tried to build a side that can play football, when you have that you then need some blood and snotters big bloke players like Rovers have, they won't play the fancy dan footy that we like to watch but they will win a dirty fight like that yesterday.
That's what my mate who went to the game told me last night.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread   Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 10:23 am

Iggy wrote:
Our squad is too lightweight, Shez has tried to build a side that can play football, when you have that you then need some blood and snotters big bloke players like Rovers have, they won't play the fancy dan footy that we like to watch but they will win a dirty fight like that yesterday.
That's what my mate who went to the game told me last night.

He called it right.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread   Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 10:43 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Standing yesterday on the away terrace was like going back in time. I can't decide whether or not I preferred it to sitting or not. On the one hand it was pretty much impossible to follow the game as it unfolded on about a quarter of the pitch due to being unable to see it on the other hand it was great to bump into people and I met up with several people on the terrace that I haven't seen for ages and this might not have happened if the ground was seated.

One thing is fairly certain and Rovers milk every advantage they can out of their stadium by making it almost impossible for away fans to generate any atmosphere. The GA was there in good number yesterday but it was strangely subdued.

As a young fan who barely remembers standing at HP, I really do like visiting the grounds of Wimbledon, Rovers, etc to stand in a proper terrace. I'd love to see it reintroduced to HP either in the form of safe standing or lifting the bizarre rule that won't allow us to out rails back in the Mayflower.

I'd say the reason behind the subdued atmosphere is partially due to the lack of a roof, so it's difficult to sustain noise. And also when we have a bumper crowd like yesterday the usual suspects for atmosphere are more spread out, which in theory would work should others join in, but in reality they don't join in and it just fades away. Another reason is that the team offered us bugger all to cheer about.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread   Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 10:51 am

spowell92 wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

As a young fan who barely remembers standing at HP, I really do like visiting the grounds of Wimbledon, Rovers, etc to stand in a proper terrace. I'd love to see it reintroduced to HP either in the form of safe standing or lifting the bizarre rule that won't allow us to out rails back in the Mayflower.

I'd say the reason behind the subdued atmosphere is partially due to the lack of a roof, so it's difficult to sustain noise. And also when we have a bumper crowd like yesterday the usual suspects for atmosphere are more spread out, which in theory would work should others join in, but in reality they don't join in and it just fades away. Another reason is that the team offered us bugger all to cheer about.

True enough.

I think our numbers count against us sometimes and when the turnout is quite large, like yesterday, the support is often worse. Maybe it is because the "local" games often see most of the tickets snapped up by boring old season ticket holders, like me, and the support is filter-topped rather than Capstan full-strength.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread   Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 11:09 am

There's different types of fans SFD, those who want to make noise and those who don't. Doesn't matter if you're a STH, a when you can attender or once a season attendee. When we've got such large numbers spread out in what was effectively 3 sections, those who usually group together and create some noise are too spread out for it to happen.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread   Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 11:49 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

I think our numbers count against us sometimes

Green Army ?

Snigger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread   Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 2:49 pm

So much for the great vaunted away support then.
My last away game was up at Wimbledon. About 800 souls if I remember correctly, and we won. The green army ? pretty poor sad to say. My friends and I were having a larf and doing the old fashioned on shoulders bit that the stewards didn't like much, and a few were having a pop at the Wimbledon bench, but in general ? hopeless. It's all a myth.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread   Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 5:36 pm

We were utter shite and deserved to lose this game. Rovers wanted it more in a dire game.

Sheridan took off the top two goal scorers in baffling changes.

Cole was flapping at everything and the large following of Argyle fans were left gobsmacked at the end. At least the other teams lost, bar York City..

Good weekend in Bristol [except for the result] and there were a few Argyle fans in the same hotel as myself and my mate..
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread   Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 7:51 pm

spowell92 wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

you aint going to be visiting any bigger grounds with brenty boy in charge, the terraces at alfreton & Braintree may be also to your liking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread   Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brizzle Gasheads vs Play Off Pushers official matchday thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3