Moist_Von_Lipwig
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

Resignation Day Empty
PostSubject: Resignation Day   Resignation Day EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 11:00 am

So, has our illustrious Pres handed in his (with immediate effect) notice yet?

How many of the PASB will fall on their sword today?

Will Argyle's playoff dream receive a major setback today?

Could be a real (all round) resignation day today!
Back to top Go down

Resignation Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation Day   Resignation Day EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 11:02 am

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

You might be in for a bit of a wait, MVL.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

Resignation Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation Day   Resignation Day EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 11:04 am

I'm not holding my breath either!
Back to top Go down

Resignation Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation Day   Resignation Day EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 11:12 am

I've asked him to on Twitter.
Back to top Go down

Resignation Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation Day   Resignation Day EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 11:16 am

As someone that requires a massive media ego boost there isn't a hope in hell of Webb resigning because if you take away his status as President, you have a Joe Bloggs nobody and nobody's are not invited into the BBC commentary box and nobody's are not provided with headline space in the local press and nobody's are not invited into the Business Lounge.

Webb will be well aware that he will never again be a chosen representative for fans and that his credibility is severely damaged with a majority treating him with disdain rather than respect. He has only two options for his media fix, the Presidential position and his union activities, both are looking a little wobbly.
Back to top Go down

Resignation Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation Day   Resignation Day EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 11:46 am

he wont go anywhere
Back to top Go down

Resignation Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation Day   Resignation Day EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 11:50 am

I received a private message back - I won't quote it, it's private.
Watch this space.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

Resignation Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation Day   Resignation Day EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 11:53 am

Is he going to throw himself out of the director's box?
Back to top Go down

Resignation Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation Day   Resignation Day EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 11:54 am

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

Take a genuine, disciplined stand against something, over using an opportunity to promote your own personal standing/popularity with supporters?

Don't be stupid. Chris Webb cares about Chris Webb first and foremost, his conscience on Argyle second. He won't jeopardise his status for this.

As for 'Webby's' statement, is it only me that isn't that impressed? I mean he voices his displeasure, but somehow it still isn't St. James's fault. Chris, it was Brent's fecking decision, no-one elses.

'Oh Brent doesn't know football'. 'He doesn't know the tribalism of supporters'. Chris, James Brent came into the club when it was on the brink of extinction. I think Brent knows how tragic and upsetting the fans found that period, and their contempt for the 7 who put us in that situation.

'Brent doesn't know football, he should have been advised better'. 'The other directors who advise him, they need to take responsibility for James's decision'. Advise him - Chris isn't that what you are supposed to do? Tell him what is good for the club, what the supporters think? What exactly is your capacity, the purpose of your existence as President of this football club any more?

You had the perfect opportunity to guide the chairman the right way on an issue, and he either didn't even bother asking you, or you were powerless to alter his course. Just as was the case was HHP, which the majority of supporters didn't want, and you refused to acknowledge, you just buried your head in the sand over.

In the absence of a proper Trust representative with b*llocks who will tell Brent exactly the way it is, and in the absence of a PASB of any legitimacy, and in the absence of Trust reps to provide financial reviews of the club accounts (disallowed by James Brent) supporters representatives are truly scarce.

You have had chances to get involved and you have bottled every one. Now you are hijacking the Wrathall issue a) to try and exempt James Brent from blame b) to promote your own popularity with supporters.

If this issue genuinely meant something to you, you might do something a genuinely great politician of our era did, when Robin Cook resign over the War in Iraq - instantly, on a point of principle.

Does this issue matter, such as the way Brent used you, or are you just going to pretend you share supporters concern and go back to doing absolutely nothing about it?

People may be hi fiving you on twitter, but if that is supposed be the end of your involvement on the issue, then it confirms every suspicion I ever had and have pretty much made in this post.

Last edited by ejh on Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Resignation Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation Day   Resignation Day EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 11:56 am

Peggy wrote:
Is he going to throw himself out of the director's box?

Only onto Mr Brent's feet, begging him for another chance and that he didn't really mean what he said, and he's sorry and that he's smitten with that dangly lip of his.
Back to top Go down

Resignation Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation Day   Resignation Day EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 11:59 am

I think today, stood in the middle of the pitch, with the microphone in his hand, Mr Webb should publicly announce his resignation.

What better place to back it up or STFU?
Back to top Go down

Resignation Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation Day   Resignation Day EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:01 pm

He isn't going today.
Back to top Go down

Resignation Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation Day   Resignation Day EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:02 pm

hairy j wrote:
He isn't going today.

That'll show em!
Back to top Go down

Resignation Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation Day   Resignation Day EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:25 pm

Being in the spotlight, status and image are what the Pres holds most dear. There's not a cat in hell's chance he will resign over this, as another poster said he will then become a 'nothing', ordinary, and that would never do.

Still, the SuperHans-esque statement of fake outrage gave him a much needed boost no doubt - "thanks for all the supportive tweets texts and emails"  Rolling Eyes 

JB can do what he likes, he owns the club and no Superfan would dare criticise him for fear of losing the precious positions/perks/status St James bestowed upon them.

JB is a very smart man, and must be laughing his cock off. Well, unless his Empire is crumbling around him that's propped up my by a barely serviceable debt mountain.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

Resignation Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation Day   Resignation Day EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:43 pm

Why would him resigning help the situation? Surely we need a fella like Chris there fighting for the fans. He may have disappoint some of you with his pally dealings with JB, but he's proven here that he's still got the fan's and club's interest at heart.
Back to top Go down

Resignation Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation Day   Resignation Day EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:46 pm

Seriously, "fighting for the fans"?
Back to top Go down

Resignation Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation Day   Resignation Day EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:48 pm

spowell92 wrote:
Why would him resigning help the situation? Surely we need a fella like Chris there fighting for the fans. He may have disappoint some of you with his pally dealings with JB, but he's proven here that he's still got the fan's and club's interest at heart.

The only 'interests' that CW has are for his self serving, self promoting PR bandwagon.
Worst excuse for a President ever in the history of the club.
FACT
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

Resignation Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation Day   Resignation Day EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:51 pm

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, S, as you're new to this great empire of truth and facts. Amongst other things, Webb was up to his ears in attempts to undermine and destabilise the Trust - yes, the Trust he used to lead until the scent of prawns lured him to the other side. Not to mention his starring role in the first steps towards rehabilitating Wrathall - the very same Wrathall he's now so 'shattered' about. Edited to add this crucial link

The only interests he's got at heart are Chris Webb's.

Last edited by Peggy on Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Resignation Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation Day   Resignation Day EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:53 pm

Resigning would galvanise fans. Patronising spowell as 'someone who doesn't u derstand THE TRUTH' is as bad as the freaks and weirdo stuff. Playground shit.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

Resignation Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation Day   Resignation Day EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:58 pm

feck off Hairy. Telling me I'm patronising him is equally out of order. I'm simply pointing out that anybody who's only recently realised we're not all freaks and weirdos won't know a lot of the stuff that's happened.
Back to top Go down

Resignation Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation Day   Resignation Day EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 1:00 pm

You don't like being patronised love. See?
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

Resignation Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation Day   Resignation Day EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 1:02 pm

My gender has as much to do with this as your job. Tosser.
Back to top Go down

Resignation Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation Day   Resignation Day EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 1:07 pm

Don't play the gender card sweetheart. It's boring. Spowell's a grown man - he's not a rare Pokemon you've caught. I didn't mention your gender either, you did.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

Resignation Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation Day   Resignation Day EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 1:09 pm

hairy j wrote:
He isn't going today.

He isn't going today (attending the match) or he isn't going (resigning) today?
Back to top Go down
Hitch

Resignation Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation Day   Resignation Day EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 1:09 pm

ejh wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

Take a genuine, disciplined stand against something, over using an opportunity to promote your own personal standing/popularity with supporters?

Don't be stupid. Chris Webb cares about Chris Webb first and foremost, his conscience on Argyle second. He won't jeopardise his status for this.

As for 'Webby's' statement, is it only me that isn't that impressed? I mean he voices his displeasure, but somehow it still isn't St. James's fault. Chris, it was Brent's fecking decision, no-one elses.

'Oh Brent doesn't know football'. 'He doesn't know the tribalism of supporters'. Chris, James Brent came into the club when it was on the brink of extinction. I think Brent knows how tragic and upsetting the fans found that period, and their contempt for the 7 who put us in that situation.

'Brent doesn't know football, he should have been advised better'. 'The other directors who advise him, they need to take responsibility for James's decision'. Advise him - Chris isn't that what you are supposed to do? Tell him what is good for the club, what the supporters think? What exactly is your capacity, the purpose of your existence as President of this football club any more?

You had the perfect opportunity to guide the chairman the right way on an issue, and he either didn't even bother asking you, or you were powerless to alter his course. Just as was the case was HHP, which the majority of supporters didn't want, and you refused to acknowledge, you just buried your head in the sand over.

In the absence of a proper Trust representative with b*llocks who will tell Brent exactly the way it is, and in the absence of a PASB of any legitimacy, and in the absence of Trust reps to provide financial reviews of the club accounts (disallowed by James Brent) supporters representatives are truly scarce.

You have had chances to get involved and you have bottled every one. Now you are hijacking the Wrathall issue a) to try and exempt James Brent from blame b) to promote your own popularity with supporters.

If this issue genuinely meant something to you, you might do something a genuinely great politician of our era did, when Robin Cook resign over the War in Iraq - instantly, on a point of principle.

Does this issue matter, such as the way Brent used you, or are you just going to pretend you share supporters concern and go back to doing absolutely nothing about it?

People may be hi fiving you on twitter, but if that is supposed be the end of your involvement on the issue, then it confirms every suspicion I ever had and have pretty much made in this post.

Loving your work EJH  Thumbs 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Resignation Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation Day   Resignation Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Resignation Day
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: