argyl3
shonbo
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
green_genie

green_genie

20,600 capacity stadium in 2014 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 20,600 capacity stadium in 2014   20,600 capacity stadium in 2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 5:43 pm

Iggy wrote:
Jack Sheppard wrote:
hairy j wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Mental how much further the money goes up the road, the clusterfuck is costing £10million yet Chiefs can build three stands and conferencing facilities for £7.5million? Shorly some mistake?

Our £10m also includes a hotel/cinema etc. so it's a diferent thing entirely.

Up the road has the M5, an airport and a train station - we have a train station....

Wrong, the ministand alone has been priced at £10million, with the whole HHP shantytown coming in at a cool £55million............oh and we've got a major seaport.   raised eyebrow 

I would love to see the figures for this whole development, I am not saying that we are being lied to, just interested like.  Suspect 

The £10M figure for the stand is overinflated as it includes for a lot of excavation groundworks required for the morlock level dictated by underground car park and land grab of ground floor for retail.

The overall HHP figure shift up from £50M when first proposed to £57M in latest reports is interesting. Kier Western put their contract value estimate at £41M in April when they included a waste management plan in the planning application, which made sense with overall figure allowing for "professional" feess.

If the actual subcontract tenders are pushing up the price JB will be getting worried about his bottom line and needing top dollar out of leases for retail units, car park (cue Tudor and P&R charges) and Ice Rink (cue Tudor for subsidies).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 20,600 capacity stadium in 2014   20,600 capacity stadium in 2014 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 2:33 pm

Apparently the waste is going to be deposited on top of the spoil from the Life Centre, which the Council was supposed to remove as part of the contract.
So Central Park will become the highest point in Plymouth.  sarcasm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 20,600 capacity stadium in 2014   20,600 capacity stadium in 2014 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 3:04 pm

green_genie wrote:

The £10M figure for the stand is overinflated as it includes for a lot of excavation groundworks required for the morlock level dictated by underground car park and land grab of ground floor for retail.

This is why it's pointless trying to get to the bottom of who is paying for what. The truth is the "club rescue" was not a "private sector solution" according to PCC and the whole HHP project is basically a joint venture between Brent and PCC.

PCC will rue the day they got into bed with this character, but beggars can't be choosers. Brenty is surely off piste with such a property development. From what I can see, after skipping away from the $50 billion dollar drain,  Akkeron appeared and have just been hovering up cheaply some hotel chains that suffered in the crash and then just moving them on or trying to rebrand and franchise. No real vision, no new wealth creation.
To my eye, they seem little more than a salvage company, and in fact salvage was the exact word used by Pengelly when the World Cup bid was lost..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 20,600 capacity stadium in 2014   20,600 capacity stadium in 2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 9:45 pm

The joint venture would fit in quite nicely as supposedly local governments are not allowed (although I don't know if advised or told) to take part in new build. I'm not exactly sure why but I think I was told it was something to do with being property developers. That is why the housing sector was sold to Plymouth Community Homes to receive the £50 million from the government. It does seem a bit more than coincidence that the PCH staff are mostly, if not all, ex-council and they use council facilities at Macadam Road.
It reminds me when the council claimed that Citybus was a private company but we all know who sold it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 20,600 capacity stadium in 2014   20,600 capacity stadium in 2014 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

20,600 capacity stadium in 2014
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2