Czarcasm
Tringreen
akagreengull
125+1
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Dear Mr Brent - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 8:12 pm

Graham Coughlan would get my vote if this route is taken and no proper manager will be hired when sheridan goes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 8:27 pm

Of course there's always Gary Owers already at the club if Sheridan doesn't stay. I doubt he would turn the job down if offered it.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 10:56 pm

Just a reminder that a lot of people thought a player-manager would get the job when Fletch left.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 11:02 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Just a reminder that a lot of people thought a player-manager would get the job when Fletch left.

Only because he went along with Ridsdale's appointment of Fletcher which was obviously the cheap option. Since then it has been proven that the cheap option seems to be Mr Brent's business plan at Argyle.

For me the Fletcher era proved again that player- managers don't work most of the time. Yes there are the odd exceptions to this rule but on the whole I would say that player-managers fail more often than they succeed and are usually a lazy or cheap option. If JS isn't going to stay, and I'm slightly more confident tonight that he will, I hope someone who has his ear tells him not to go down the same route again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 11:08 pm

I don't know anyone who thought that might happen, Sam. That ISN'T going to happen. Legends only come along once in a lifetime, thankfully. I actually think Brent has learned his lesson there. If he stays on as de facto owner, I can't imagine he is in the mood to fire fight another season. He'll want a pro at the football helm, if not elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 11:46 pm

Greenjock wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

Only because he went along with Ridsdale's appointment of Fletcher which was obviously the cheap option. Since then it has been proven that the cheap option seems to be Mr Brent's business plan at Argyle.

For me the Fletcher era proved again that player- managers don't work most of the time. Yes there are the odd exceptions to this rule but on the whole I would say that player-managers fail more often than they succeed and are usually a lazy or cheap option. If JS isn't going to stay, and I'm slightly more confident tonight that he will, I hope someone who has his ear tells him not to go down the same route again.
Fair enough but in all honesty I'm not sure how cheap Fletcher was. At the stage that he got his new deal, I think it would be fair to say that a majority of fans wanted him to stay. He could probably still have got a decent wage from going back into playing. Those two factor combined actually make me think Fletch may have been on a fair wedge. In fact, it wouldn't even surprise me if he was on more than Sheridan is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:10 am

Let's keep Barnet's example in mind.

There are only so many times you can tempt fate.

Only so many times you can test the patience and endurance of the fans in doing so.

We can revel in the drama and spectacle of yesterday for a while - there's certainly nothing wrong with that.

When the dust settles, we'll need to see some clear evidence that the club's leadership have taken something from the experience of the last twelve months and have begun to make the necessary adjustments for the next campaign.

Undoubtedly, the stadium development process has taken a great deal of effort and focus in the last nine months.

But the real focus of our attention should be on the football club. That has to come first.

As things stand, there are a lot of gaps that need to be filled in, very quickly.

Or we'll probably be here again in twelve months. That would be hard to excuse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:09 am

Rupert predicted the Warnock/Wotton tickets weeks ago - I f*cking hope not!!!
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:12 am

ejh wrote:
Ah but a lot of what Rupert says is very much speculation nowadays no? Not a dig at him, but he's just not so involved in covering Argyle anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:21 am

He still hears things, has good contacts. I dont know why he'd have said it otherwise. If Brent goes with that plan we truly are screwed.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 7:43 am

Warny wrote:
The thought of Wotton as manager brings me out in a severe rash.

Me too............. but it is 34 deg out here sunny
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 7:44 am

worried of penzance wrote:
I don't know anyone who thought that might happen, Sam. That ISN'T going to happen. Legends only come along once in a lifetime, thankfully. I actually think Brent has learned his lesson there. If he stays on as de facto owner, I can't imagine he is in the mood to fire fight another season. He'll want a pro at the football helm, if not elsewhere.

I think Sam is remembering what the farm animals were finkin Wink
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 7:49 am

ejh wrote:

I remember Warnock saying, 'Has anyone managed to teach Wotton how to pass yet ?', when he returned to HP as manager of another club in the early Championship days. lol!

Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 4:48 pm

Well looks like options 1 and 2 have or are being sorted.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dear Mr Brent
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2