Dingle
Freathy
akagreengull
Coxside_Green
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage

My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 1:19 pm

With the lack of "promised" income it's part time and Blue Square or, administration sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 1:36 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
knecht wrote:
.... and has anyone else made contact with Akkeron as suggested on their web-site devoted to their Higher Home Park proposals?

It's almost about two weeks since I filled in their form with two fairly simple questions and I'm yet to receive a response which, when you consider that you were required to provide email & telephone contact details, is a little surprising.

HERE.
Just have.

Me too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 2:41 pm

Outland road needs serious work on it now its a nightmare on match days. I dont see that alone derailing the development plans to be honest but it worth bringing up. Also if this ice rink is to host international events why is the capacity so small?

oh and forget the bit on my signiture ;0
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 3:59 pm

nzgreen wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:
knecht wrote:
.... and has anyone else made contact with Akkeron as suggested on their web-site devoted to their Higher Home Park proposals?

It's almost about two weeks since I filled in their form with two fairly simple questions and I'm yet to receive a response which, when you consider that you were required to provide email & telephone contact details, is a little surprising.

HERE.
Just have.

Me too.

me three and four
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 4:40 pm

i emailed the club.. should i send it too them aswell or not bother?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 4:46 pm

Quite a list of valid objections to planning [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A stand out one appears to be 'over development', cinema? larger than needed ice rink?

I'm sure there's a few others too like 'excessive bulk or scale'.

'adverse effect on economy or businesses', it certainly affects PAFC as a business, can we contest against the present owner though?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 5:02 pm

As i have said many times i have no probs with the development on the carpark as in my eyes aslong as they are not building on green space but concreted space its fine with me. My objections are purely the negative impact they will have atm on the club and the development of the Mayflower stand.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 5:18 pm

Angry of Manchester wrote:
As i have said many times i have no probs with the development on the carpark as in my eyes aslong as they are not building on green space but concreted space its fine with me. My objections are purely the negative impact they will have atm on the club and the development of the Mayflower stand.

Likewise. However I don't think a 1500 seater ice rink is appropriate, especially where they plan on placing it. A smaller one, or at least less seats, without suffocating PAFC would suffice.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 5:18 pm

What about the road? or the undesirable who will be drawn to the late night life of the bars and fast-food outlets.

The City Centre is the place for this kind of devolpment, it is crying out for this.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 5:34 pm

Tgwu wrote:

What about the road? or the undesirable who will be drawn to the late night life of the bars and fast-food outlets.

The City Centre is the place for this kind of devolpment, it is crying out for this.

Im concerned about the road as it just going to cause problems for health and saftey. Plus are we really going to make our players wait to cross the road to use the training ground?.

the road can be moved i feel to go around the life center and enter the complex like it did before. if someone kind could do a paint job of that it would help it explain how.

The park attracts them sorts now the park isnt a safe place to be late night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 5:39 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:

Likewise. However I don't think a 1500 seater ice rink is appropriate, especially where they plan on placing it. A smaller one, or at least less seats, without suffocating PAFC would suffice.

that confuses me as if you plan to host international/big events and have the facilities to home an ice hockey team you would have thought they would have made it bigger than 1500!!! i agree that it should be built in the city center but Brent wont want to do it as he would lose out on profit.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 6:01 pm

the road can be moved i feel to go around the life center and enter the complex like it did before. if someone kind could do a paint job of that it would help it explain how.quote

It a no goer against Council plan

The park attracts them sorts now the park isnt a safe place to be late nightQuote.

Who wants more and it will be a lot more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 6:06 pm

it would be safer to build the road doing that then it is to have it where it is now. Come match days it will be a neon sign for accidents. there will be some sort of adjustment on the road thats for sure. I understand the logic of it ie supply trucks and customers but the road can be moved.

at the end of the day the complex will be built whether people want it or not all we can do is debate the cons with JB and turn them into pros for us, them and more importantly the club in regards to the stand.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 6:23 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:

that confuses me as if you plan to host international/big events and have the facilities to home an ice hockey team you would have thought they would have made it bigger than 1500!!! i agree that it should be built in the city center but Brent wont want to do it as he would lose out on profit.

If they're planning on hosting international/big events then by all means build the rink big enough to host such events, just dont impose on Argyle's space. Call me a selfish Argyle fan, for me that area has always been Argyle's and they should come 1st, ideally with a minimum 20k capacity with further expansion to nearer 30k possible in future. If that means giving up a bit of greenspace beyond the car park then so be it or at least it's something I would consider.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 6:54 pm

It was Mr Brent choice to build the ice ring at Home Park; the Council stated who ever had the developing right to develop the Pavilions area had to provide a replacement ring with a incentive (backhand) of £2.000.000.

The new ring is to be built before the old one was to close The freehold of this land around the Pavilions was given to him free; this land to him is to valuable to waste on an ice ring.

This is why he had to take on Argyle for a short times at lest until both his development sites as pass the planner.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 8:35 pm

Up to now I haven't said much about the rest of the plans. The priority for me, is PAFC.

However a couple of people who are residents of Plymouth have expressed their surprise at the cinema aspect of the plans. They seem to think that there is only just enough support for the existing cinema's in Plymouth and think that the ABC has been struggling on and off for a while. As someone who doesn't live in Plymouth and hasn't seen the inside of a cinema since I saw Genesis at the Birmingham Odeon, I'ld like to know what some of you think about the plans for the cinema.

Does Plymouth need anymore?

Will it take trade away from the others?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 8:52 pm

No for Home Park

Yes for the City Centre need to bring life to the bottom end, we lost the swimming pool ice ring to follow.

The Vue you need a car to get there, car park always full
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 9:14 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
Up to now I haven't said much about the rest of the plans. The priority for me, is PAFC.

However a couple of people who are residents of Plymouth have expressed their surprise at the cinema aspect of the plans. They seem to think that there is only just enough support for the existing cinema's in Plymouth and think that the ABC has been struggling on and off for a while. As someone who doesn't live in Plymouth and hasn't seen the inside of a cinema since I saw Genesis at the Birmingham Odeon, I'ld like to know what some of you think about the plans for the cinema.

I agree that there is no need for another cinema Richard. I think the ABC / Reel cinema has been struggling to remain viable ever since the Warner Village / Vue complex opened.
The fact that the Drake cinema closed virtually on the the day Vue opened shows there is a very limited requirement for cinemas.

Its fair to assume that another cinema at HHP would almost certainly spell the end for the ABC / Reel. Would PCC be happy to sanction this & have yet another large empty unused building in the heart of its city centre ?

Whilst the Vue cinema at Coxside is quite well used it is rare for a screen to be full except for newly released films or blockbusters & it is quite common for there to be an audience in single figures at certain times of the day. I would go as far as to say there is only enough trade for one modern cinema complex in Plymouth.

Last edited by Bert Large on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 9:15 pm

I wonder if the pavilions site will be turned into another hotel.

Of course he's not in it for the property though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 9:22 pm

Tgwu wrote:
No for Home Park

Yes for the City Centre need to bring life to the bottom end, we lost the swimming pool ice ring to follow.

The Vue you need a car to get there, car park always full

The city centre has to be redevelop before any new buisness will move in its a concrete jungle and not suited to modern needs.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 9:24 pm

Richard Blight wrote:

I made the same point a while ago. Plymouth clearly doesn't need another cinema. It will inevitably lead to the closing of either Vue, or more likely the ABC. The MultiBrentiplex will be in a far more accessible area for a larger number of Plymothians. A huge number of residents in the north and west of the city would have to drive right past the new proposed Cinema, to get to the current Vue Cinema. So territorially, Brent would be on to a winner.

Bottom line is that Plymouth will undoubtedly lose one of the other current cinemas, and Brent makes yet more cash.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 9:29 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Richard Blight wrote:

I made the same point a while ago. Plymouth clearly doesn't need another cinema. It will inevitably lead to the closing of either Vue, or more likely the ABC. The MultiBrentiplex will be in a far more accessible area for a larger number of Plymothians. A huge number of residents in the north and west of the city would have to drive right past the new proposed Cinema, to get to the current Vue Cinema. So territorially, Brent would be on to a winner.

Bottom line is that Plymouth will undoubtedly lose one of the other current cinemas, and Brent makes yet more cash.

ABC is been in danger of closing for yonks whether this imax one gets built or not it wont save it. There isnt a big need for two big cinema complexes seeing people dont go to the cinema enough to warrant.

isnt it funny heaney wanted to build a cinema and all this crap with his bid Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 9:29 pm

I have yet to miss a film that I wanted to see, even the most popular films, so on that basis I would argue that there's no way that Plymouth needs or can sustain yet another cinema. That said, I think that most cities the size of Plymouth have more than one cinema complex.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 9:35 pm

GOB wrote:
I have yet to miss a film that I wanted to see, even the most popular films, so on that basis I would argue that there's no way that Plymouth needs or can sustain yet another cinema. That said, I think that most cities the size of Plymouth have more than one cinema complex.

they do but it wouldnt mean more cinema fans will be making use of both. Until they crack pirating cinema numbers will never increase.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 9:38 pm

GOB wrote:

they do but it wouldnt mean more cinema fans will be making use of both. Until they crack pirating cinema numbers will never increase.

I meant that I had never missed a film at the cinema.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next