Czarcasm
akagreengull
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Does The Red Star have a point? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does The Red Star have a point?   Does The Red Star have a point? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:00 am

So we're shit in League 2, and the best thing for everyone concerned is relegation, according to some of our dear neighbours. What happens when Sheridan's a disaster, we get relegated, but are then also shit in the conference? Will we have Exeter and Torquay fans advising us that..."yeah, your best bet is another relegation to Conference South to sort yourselves out."

If relegation is ever truly the best option, why does everyone want to avoid it?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Does The Red Star have a point?   Does The Red Star have a point? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:25 am

Czarcasm wrote:
So we're shit in League 2, and the best thing for everyone concerned is relegation, according to some of our dear neighbours. What happens when Sheridan's a disaster, we get relegated, but are then also shit in the conference? Will we have Exeter and Torquay fans advising us that..."yeah, your best bet is another relegation to Conference South to sort yourselves out."

If relegation is ever truly the best option, why does everyone want to avoid it?

The outlook is bleak whatever transpires. The dimwitted , self promoting crowd have their trotters well and truly under the table. It will be a miracle if Brent can sort out the whole sorry mess and more likely he will hand the club over to said dimwits, as he clearly has his own agenda . If he genuinely thought we could self finance our way back up, he certainly chose the wrong friends and advisors.
I think we are doomed to many years of avivafests and lower/non league parochiality .

Very sad but very predictable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does The Red Star have a point?   Does The Red Star have a point? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 9:05 am

The lack of ambition and acceptance of mediocrity around Argyle is suffocating.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Does The Red Star have a point?   Does The Red Star have a point? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 9:33 am

So we're told, the FL took a giant leap of faith in approving the business plan which saw us come out of administration, to date that business plan has been a disaster as it appears the debts are still rising. It's reported that the BSP are far stricter than the FL so there's no guarantee they would even accept us if we were to be relegated.

Brent & Sheridan need to avoid relegation at all costs. A good place to start would be banning players from twatter & closing those other nonsensical so-called PR twatter feeds, kicking the superfans out of the boardroom and start behaving like a professional football club that means business. Maybe, just maybe our players will respond in a professional manner with professional performances on the pitch instead of the carefree attitude we've become accustomed to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does The Red Star have a point?   Does The Red Star have a point? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 9:44 am

All the city fans would love us to get relegated, firstly because they would be a whole league below our mighty, nah enormously mighty, sleeping giant of a club with MASSIVE POTENTIAL, ROAARRRRR!
The other thing is that if we get another period of admin. then I think that the superfans will be right there with their noses firmly in the trough. Brent will see through them in time and they will fade into the background, if they were fronting the club it would finish it for me. Brent or the superfans? That's a no brainier really.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Does The Red Star have a point?   Does The Red Star have a point? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 1:36 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
Your quite correct about W.Europe but we could have quite a debate about how useful the Navy is without any aircraft carriers. Even when the two new carriers are finished we won't have the aircraft to put on them. We won't have the frigates and destroyers to protect them either. This bunch of idiots are even talking about mothballing one of them before it's even finished. That's politicians for you though.

An interesting question, especially as I thought the mothballing was already policy, again hard to blame the ConDem alliance as I feel Bliar made a promise for them that the national wallet was always going to find it hard to keep, two carriers means two full support battle groups as you say, can't send them out for a walk on their own with the profusion of cheap anti ship missiles about, this was never going to be feasible let alone kitting them both out with a viable aircraft. Sometimes I wonder if the boys in Westminster ever passed basic arithmetic.

The only uses I can see for what was the pride of an entire Empire is to show the face when there is a hurricane in the West Indies or to mount a second relief of the Falklands, the lack of tactical nous being displayed is exemplified by the Chinese only bothering with the one rebuilt lump of Russki junk despite them having an interest in close to 40% of all the tonnage currently scampering around the planet.

Football is off the menu this week beyond us bringing in some 22 year old defender that "shows potential", surely by that age a player needs to be at least good enough to play in the 4th Division.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Does The Red Star have a point?   Does The Red Star have a point? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 1:50 pm

Greenjock wrote:

Luton get between 5-6k gates now for league games and we're getting that now in a higher league. Sure we would get more turning up if we were top but how many of you would rush to HP on a February evening match against Tamworth?

Luton actually average over 6k and their lowest gate is higher than your lowest, this is despite not currently being in the play off zone, don't let the games in hand fool you, they are well known for the end of season collapse.

The only upside might be if the Gas went down with you, that would generate a bit of interest out West as the Conference is pretty East/North centric.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Does The Red Star have a point?   Does The Red Star have a point? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 2:34 pm

Iggy wrote:
All the city fans would love us to get relegated, firstly because they would be a whole league below our mighty, nah enormously mighty, sleeping giant of a club with MASSIVE POTENTIAL, ROAARRRRR!
The other thing is that if we get another period of admin. then I think that the superfans will be right there with their noses firmly in the trough. Brent will see through them in time and they will fade into the background, if they were fronting the club it would finish it for me. Brent or the superfans? That's a no brainier really.

You couldn't be more wrong, we need to be in the same league as you so we can rub your inflated egos in it, the season we were a full league above was a total anti climax, we want to be playing you, the Turks, the Gas, even Yeovil, bigging up games against really big clubs is fine for winding you up but in the greater scheme of things they don't really count, well not for proper fans, the plastics love 'em.

You are already fronted by the Pork ensemble, FFS man they travel in the same car, sit next to each other, back each other up at every opportunity.

Newell, Webb, Jones, Brent and Nikkkkkkkkk are the public face of PAFC, we can even have a little sympathy with you on this one, Russell, Lewis, Geller, Prowse and yes, Jacko, were a terrible image to project to the world, I'm not even certain whether we had it worse then or you have got it worse now.

Ps. There is of course the possibility that we may be two whole leagues above you next season, I shall reserve judgement on that one until I see what it feels like.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Does The Red Star have a point?   Does The Red Star have a point? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 2:43 pm

This debate is the same as last season though,what will happen if..

If Argyle should find themselves in the BSP next season,surely the crowds at Home Park would stay near (or near abouts) the same as they have been - 5000/6000.

The club would budget accordingly i assume and still pay off the debt in the process ?.

The away support would hold up too,as Argyle will no doubt sell all of their allocation to whatever ground it is they are visiting.

If Argyle were to go down,a rapid return would have to be sought in a season or two. Anything longer than that and it would be telling on the club and its finance.

Hopefully,this will not happen and we can all look forward to Football League football in the 2013-2014 season.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Does The Red Star have a point?   Does The Red Star have a point? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 2:53 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
This debate is the same as last season though,what will happen if..

If Argyle should find themselves in the BSP next season,surely the crowds at Home Park would stay near (or near abouts) the same as they have been - 5000/6000.

The away support would hold up too,as Argyle will no doubt sell all of their allocation to whatever ground it is they are visiting..

I think you are spot on Village, winning games is a big aphro.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does The Red Star have a point?   Does The Red Star have a point? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 3:18 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Have to say the very thought of being in the Blue Square brings back bad memories of watching The Gulls play several games after relegation from league 2 only a few years ago. Mainly because the quality of the opposition is so crap, most seasons there are best 5 or 6 sides that have a bit of quality the rest is shite. Torquay did really well under Paul Buckle to escape after 2 seasons from a league which is notoriously difficult to get out from. As always we will see.

That could easily be said about the league we are in now.
Can't really say that any of the opposition that I have seen this season have been that much better than us and we have been, arguably, bad
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Does The Red Star have a point?   Does The Red Star have a point? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 3:22 pm

Perhaps but we have been beaten on a regular basis home and away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does The Red Star have a point?   Does The Red Star have a point? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 3:34 pm

Can't argue with that, the point I was trying to make is that we are supposedly too good for a poor league but imo that is exactly what is happening now.
I really hope we don't become relegated but I also don't think it would be the end of the club. It was put forward for the fans to take over the club when the idea that no-one or Ridsdale was the only options, so I still think this would be the case (worst case scenario). Then we would have real fans instead of some that we have now
just my take on it of course
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does The Red Star have a point?   Does The Red Star have a point? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Does The Red Star have a point?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2