Lord Tisdale
mouldyoldgoat
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Rather important - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rather important   Rather important - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 2:10 pm

Iggy wrote:
this is a HUGE day for the MASSIVE CLUB with HUGE POTENTIAL!

Oh come on !

It's a big day for struggling little club in a footballing backwater whose potential extends about as far as a mid table 4th Division place, if Luton do their usual end of season flop then you wouldn't even be the biggest club in the Conference next season.

This delusional 'big club', or in this case "MASSIVE CLUB", attitude serves no real purpose other than to give a bit of a laugh to those of us who have hung on to some basic grasp of reality, so thanks for that.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Rather important   Rather important - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 3:37 pm

I agree Cobi, i too think it's a good appointment.

I also agree that you write absoloute trash on twitter!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Rather important   Rather important - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 3:49 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Oh come on !

It's a big day for struggling little club in a footballing backwater whose potential extends about as far as a mid table 4th Division place, if Luton do their usual end of season flop then you wouldn't even be the biggest club in the Conference next season.

This delusional 'big club', or in this case "MASSIVE CLUB", attitude serves no real purpose other than to give a bit of a laugh to those of us who have hung on to some basic grasp of reality, so thanks for that.

Don't be so silly. ALL of Cornwall and MOST of Devon (except for Torbay and Exeter/Tivvy) support Argyle. We are MAHOOSIVE! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rather important   Rather important - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 3:52 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Oh come on !

My tongue was firmly in my cheek wanker, so fukc off and patronise some other tin pot club you merkin. In fact why don't you fukc off back to your own tin pot tiny club you tw@t.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rather important   Rather important - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:12 pm

GreenWhiteBlack wrote:
I agree Cobi, i too think it's a good appointment.

I also agree that you write absoloute trash on twitter!

Yes it most certainly is.

And the 'unfollow' button is forever there Smile
Back to top Go down
Budoboy

Budoboy

PostSubject: Re: Rather important   Rather important - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:38 pm

Iggy wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Oh come on !

My tongue was firmly in my cheek wanker, so fukc off and patronise some other tin pot club you merkin. In fact why don't you fukc off back to your own tin pot tiny club you tw@t.

Well said sir
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Rather important   Rather important - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:56 pm

Iggy wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Oh come on !

Hey Tis you've caught one there Nice angling.We all know that the biggest sporting club in Devon is in Exeter.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Rather important   Rather important - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:57 pm

Exeter hockey team?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rather important   Rather important - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 5:08 pm

sadly exeter city and cheifs are leaving our teams behind Sad

OH how it used to be the other way round.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Rather important   Rather important - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 5:27 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Don't be so silly. ALL of Cornwall and MOST of Devon (except for Torbay and Exeter/Tivvy) support Argyle. We are MAHOOSIVE! Laughing

Back in the day Al no doubt, but how would it happen now ?

Cart / horse, chicken / egg, one has to come before the other, in the modern game the whole thing seems to be predicated upon the filthy lucre and I can see no way your property developing owner is going to stump up sufficient cash to make it happen. You would need to get to the promised land of the Prem before the comatose masses of Jannerdom rose up again, from next season the absolute worse team in that league is guaranteed over £110 million over five years making it a very hard nut to crack. SoD was given carte blanche and serious money by the Kuwaitis yet he can't even get a really big club into the top six of the Champ, he was actually sacked because he foolishly committed to doing that by Christmas, what chance has N'orn Boy with his two bob budget ?

I think the whole of Cornwall and most of Devon now support Manure, Chelski, the Poo or the Arse and that will only get worse as time goes on, doesn't your most mahoosive fan of all sleep in a Man Utd Onesie ? Of course there will always be a core of Luddites who will support our local team from the cradle to the grave but we are I am afraid fighting a losing battle. You can throw up Swansea who only 9 years ago spawned their way out of relegation to the place you fear so much on the last day of the season but they again received a fair lump of cash to achieve that, as did Norwich, Reading, Wigan and Southampton, all of whom are clubs you might expect to be able to compete with.

Harry Potter may prove me wrong but it is still my feeling that he has not yet had to cover any of your major costs out of his own pocket, the season ticket money will be gone now though and the League tv cash will I am sure be going straight to defray the historical football creditors, the recent redundancies show that HP is already tightening the purse strings, pun intended, sacking Fletch is not a major current cost as his contract will have been part of the FC'ers deal. N'orn Boy may well get licence to bring in a few loanees as I doubt your playing budget is over the 55% threshold but it will be a fairly spectacular job if he can do enough to bring the hoardes flooding back to Gnome Park.

Just an opinion like, wouldn't want to upset young Iggy or his Bud
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Rather important   Rather important - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 5:28 pm

downthetrack wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Oh come on !

Hey Tis you've caught one there Nice angling.We all know that the biggest sporting club in Devon is in Exeter.

Tragically, you've both been whoosed Tracky.

Any mention of the size/potential (call it what you like) of PAFC compared to Exeter, is nailed on to get a bitter retort from your mate, even when, like Iggy, they're not even being serious.

lol
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Rather important   Rather important - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 5:31 pm

Pitbull wrote:
Its been said so much over the last 1-2 years, but my take is that this is one of the most important days in the history of the club.

Managers come and go on a regular basis at many clubs but this appointment is absolutely crucial. I think the board deserve credit, it has been a swift appointment but I don't think it has been a rushed appointment, and after careful consideration, I think we have our man.

I really wish some of the doom mongers - who were the pro fletcher brigade only last week Rolling Eyes - would stop writing of John Sheridan. The man has a proven track record in the lower leagues, he got a team out of this league on a low budget, and he took an average Oldham side to the play offs in League 1. Yes he was fired from Chesterfield however nearly every manager gets fired before they join another club. So yes, a good manager much more qualified than Carl Fletcher. A 40 percent games won record tells no lies.

He really seems a full on 'tough guy', and I think that's exactly what we need, somebody to scare the living daylights out of the players and to be frank and straight with them.

This is such an important time in the clubs history, bring on saturday, we have to support the manager cheers

CB

"I think we have our man" how you can possibly know? that only results from his first game will tell us that. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Rather important   Rather important - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 5:31 pm

downthetrack wrote:

Nah, not really fishing Tracky, just trying to get these boys to talk about something other than Porky's peccadilloes.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Rather important   Rather important - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 5:46 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Any mention of the size/potential (call it what you like) of PAFC compared to Exeter, is nailed on to get a bitter retort from your mate, even when, like Iggy, they're not even being serious.

Can't help it Czarky, 'tis a condition response to all of Porky's playmates who used to parade around Exeweb back in the day, 'twas never really bitter even then, we knew we had forked up big time and in any respect we knew our place in the grand order of things. Now any minute trace of bitterness is replaced by in a small part pity and to the far greater extent mirth.

Iggy may well have had his tongue in his cheek on this occasion but he generally reads like one of the more desperately deluded souls who are generally more comfortable in that other place.

While I have little or no regard for the pleasures of the mighty metropolis of Plimuff I have to say that I got the first available train out of Exeter when age allowed.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Rather important   Rather important - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 6:28 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

Back in the day Al no doubt, but how would it happen now ?

Cart / horse, chicken / egg, one has to come before the other, in the modern game the whole thing seems to be predicated upon the filthy lucre and I can see no way your property developing owner is going to stump up sufficient cash to make it happen. You would need to get to the promised land of the Prem before the comatose masses of Jannerdom rose up again, from next season the absolute worse team in that league is guaranteed over £110 million over five years making it a very hard nut to crack. SoD was given carte blanche and serious money by the Kuwaitis yet he can't even get a really big club into the top six of the Champ, he was actually sacked because he foolishly committed to doing that by Christmas, what chance has N'orn Boy with his two bob budget ?

I think the whole of Cornwall and most of Devon now support Manure, Chelski, the Poo or the Arse and that will only get worse as time goes on, doesn't your most mahoosive fan of all sleep in a Man Utd Onesie ? Of course there will always be a core of Luddites who will support our local team from the cradle to the grave but we are I am afraid fighting a losing battle. You can throw up Swansea who only 9 years ago spawned their way out of relegation to the place you fear so much on the last day of the season but they again received a fair lump of cash to achieve that, as did Norwich, Reading, Wigan and Southampton, all of whom are clubs you might expect to be able to compete with.

Harry Potter may prove me wrong but it is still my feeling that he has not yet had to cover any of your major costs out of his own pocket, the season ticket money will be gone now though and the League tv cash will I am sure be going straight to defray the historical football creditors, the recent redundancies show that HP is already tightening the purse strings, pun intended, sacking Fletch is not a major current cost as his contract will have been part of the FC'ers deal. N'orn Boy may well get licence to bring in a few loanees as I doubt your playing budget is over the 55% threshold but it will be a fairly spectacular job if he can do enough to bring the hoardes flooding back to Gnome Park.

Just an opinion like, wouldn't want to upset young Iggy or his Bud

Good post LT.

We've always had the Prem supporting types, even when we were doing well in the Championship. But it is more noticeable now that the Janner kids tend to wear the Prem shirts, when a few years previous quite a number proudly wore the green/ yellow/ black/ white/ dogshit brown of Argyle. But I guess that's because we are shite now, when we were moderately successful 10 years ago.

I don't hold much hope of success under jamesy boy as I think he wants to invest as minimal amount as he can (let's not forget he's the reluctant bidder). I don't think we will even get above League 2 with him at the helm- if we are relegated to the BSP our stay will be comparable/ if not longer than yours.

Sheridan might be the new Luggy Mk1, but Luggy had a better squad to tinker with when he first came to Argyle and brought in some very good players (for League 2). Our current squad is the worst we've had in our history and Sheridan will need to be a miracle worker to get anywhere near decent performances from a lot of them. I was initially pleased with the Sheridan appointment, but the more I read about him, the less impressed I become.

Argyle's progress usually follows the same cyclical progression (I think this is the 4th cycle) where we are shit for 10 - 15 years, then have a few decent years and get into the second tier. Then due to lack of investment etc we get relegated and sink down (to your level Laughing ), and the cycle begins again. But with Sky moneys and the richer clubs getting richer and the poorer ones struggling it will be extremely hard to get to the Championship again (let alone league 1!).

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Rather important   Rather important - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 6:39 pm

[quote="Lord Tisdale"]
Czarcasm wrote:

Can't help it Czarky, 'tis a condition response to all of Porky's playmates who used to parade around Exeweb back in the day, 'twas never really bitter even then, we knew we had forked up big time and in any respect we knew our place in the grand order of things. Now any minute trace of bitterness is replaced by in a small part pity and to the far greater extent mirth.

Iggy may well have had his tongue in his cheek on this occasion but he generally reads like one of the more desperately deluded souls who are generally more comfortable in that other place.

While I have little or no regard for the pleasures of the mighty metropolis of Plimuff I have to say that I got the first available train out of Exeter when age allowed.[/quote]

That must have been quite a relief.

Not least for the rest of the citizens of Exeter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rather important   Rather important - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 7:33 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

While I have little or no regard for the pleasures of the mighty metropolis of Plimuff I have to say that I got the first available train out of Exeter when age allowed.

You really are an opiniated tw@t aren't you? How would you know where I feel at home? This is an Argyle forum that I like, I asked for my account on pbay to be removed because its shite there. Why are you here, is Exeweb that boring? I suppose looking at life perpetually bouncing between league 1 and 2 never really belonging in either must get on your tits but have you ever thought of evening classes or something maybe Zumba? I'll pay for your first lesson wanker.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Rather important   Rather important - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 7:38 pm

Don't Iggy,your making me laugh now Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Rather important   Rather important - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 7:46 pm

Iggy wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

You really are an opiniated tw@t aren't you? How would you know where I feel at home? This is an Argyle forum that I like, I asked for my account on pbay to be removed because its shite there. Why are you here, is Exeweb that boring? I suppose looking at life perpetually bouncing between league 1 and 2 never really belonging in either must get on your tits but have you ever thought of evening classes or something maybe Zumba? I'll pay for your first lesson wanker.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rather important   Rather important - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 8:32 pm

I see porky said earlier that he only reads two football forums other than Pasoti, exeweb and a brizzle city one.

So if fatty doesn't read ATD how does he keep threatening to sue this place?

Anyway it shows that at least one person classes shitty as their rivals unless he is still posting his usual shite on there while we are sat one place off the bottom of the entire football league, 91st out of 92 clubs and if Rovers win their game in hand we would be 92nd.

What does he have to crow about? Lardass bald tw@t who has lost control of his little empire. He really should be keeping his head down and his nose clean but if I were a city fan I'd be making the most out of our continuing freefall and embarrassing position because that prick will be relishing the day our fortunes swap places again.

Oh how the city fans must have reeled in embarrassment as the plane flew over Sid James park while porky, nikkkk and webby sat knocking one out over each other in their full Argyle strips at the start of the season, when they thought the messiah Brent and his exceptional manager Fletcher were going to take us out of this shitpit of a league.

They can paint over the purse mural now he's gone and we're still laughing stock, they can bullshit that they didn't want erm ya know in charge all along, but they backed Brent to turn us around, had faith in Fletcher and thought we were too big for our near neighbours.

That's why Webb is so quiet now. Even he can't bullshit his way out of this one, so if I were you I would have your five minutes of triumph on here and then turn your attention to the gruesome twosome and their sponsor. Pleb, fool and prikkk.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Rather important   Rather important - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 9:42 pm

Iggy wrote:

You really are an opiniated tw@t aren't you?

Ummmm ?

If one didn't have an opinion what exactly would one be doing posting on an internet forum ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rather important   Rather important - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 9:57 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Iggy wrote:

You really are an opiniated tw@t aren't you?

Ummmm ?

If one didn't have an opinion what exactly would one be doing posting on an internet forum ?

One Is definitely a tw@t though. lol!
Back to top Go down
Fatpilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Rather important   Rather important - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 9:35 am

Jesus there's some bitters on ere today!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rather important   Rather important - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 9:46 am

Fatpilgrim wrote:
Jesus there's some bitters on ere today!

Yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Fatpilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Rather important   Rather important - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 9:50 am

I'm sure there will be today still.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rather important   Rather important - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rather important
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next