Grovehill
akagreengull
Freathy
Dougie
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Sheridan Confirmed - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Confirmed   Sheridan Confirmed - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 10:44 pm

And nobody else thought Fletcher was going to get sacked either Freathy. That includes you as you called him untouchable in so many words numerous times. It wasn't an acceptance of shit football at all it was the belief that Brent would not bother. But, will you be washing your hair?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Confirmed   Sheridan Confirmed - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 11:05 pm

I sincerely hope so too.

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Confirmed   Sheridan Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 10:18 am

Good luck John. From what I've seen I'm hoping he's got the strength to call the internal workings of the club as it is and be his own man. Not my first choice but certainly not a cheap, easy internal option.

Get some loan players in, get people fit and organised and we'll stay up....hopefully.

He was a bloody good player.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Confirmed   Sheridan Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 11:06 am

very red skined in the pictures in the herald i think he does like a drink or 4 lol
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Confirmed   Sheridan Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 11:18 am

so he likes a drink, CF used to like losing.

As long as he's his own man, doesnt take any notice of the so called super fans (if indeed they have any influence), tells brent that success in the short term needs financial backing he'll be ok.

One thing he has to do is try to get rid of the stench of defeat that the community club currently has.
That is without doubt his 'greatest' challenge.

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Confirmed   Sheridan Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 12:16 pm

GOB wrote:
I don't think he'll make a lot of difference really, the problem wasn't just the manager, it's the whole pyramid structure of incompetence.

Sadly I fear you might be right Gob. The general management of the club has been woeful. We desperately need a decent CEO- Sextone seems to have brought a slight improvement, and we need more people like him in charge,
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Confirmed   Sheridan Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 1:12 pm

Quote :
"No messing about from Dean Saunders who spoke to the squad and then straight out on the training ground"

Hoping the same of Sheridan. Anyone seen him hanging around Home Park.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Confirmed   Sheridan Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 2:10 pm

What a bloody task he has got on his hands,he will surely need a character of steel to pull off the great escape II.

Welcome to Argyle John and let us hope and wish your time here will be an excellent one.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Confirmed   Sheridan Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 10:00 pm

I guess from the absence of responses that there will be a lack of stayaways at the ground due to a lot of hair washing then. "I won't go till they get rid of Fletcher" so what's the new reason?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Confirmed   Sheridan Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:21 am

brent and his goons
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Confirmed   Sheridan Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:48 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I guess from the absence of responses that there will be a lack of stayaways at the ground due to a lot of hair washing then. "I won't go till they get rid of Fletcher" so what's the new reason?

I think ATD on the whole has been quite supportive of Sheridan. Not like Pasoti where a Sheridan out thread started before he had even been confirmed.

I haven't seen anyone saying they wouldn't be going because of Sheridan sensible so u don't know where that's come from? I know you don't care how the team play but on past form his sides have played a high tempo attacking style of football with the aim of scoring rather than defensively and hoping for a break.

I reckon hairy will need to keep a close eye on you in case anything unusual happens to your face and act fast. "Hello is that the emergency services, my father's just smiled for the first time in 30 years"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Confirmed   Sheridan Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:06 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

This is the only season that I have ever stayed away from Argyle, read my posts from the summer and even before and you will see the reason why, Fletcher, I saw him as a cheap sop to the fans and I was sure after last season he wasn't the man to take us forward, I now feel completely vindicated. Now we have a manager with decent experience I will get behind him, I want to see Argyle succeed if I don't agree with the path the club are taking what other means do I have at my disposal to let Brent know how I feel, myself and a lot of other fans have voted with our feet, it worked eventually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Confirmed   Sheridan Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 11:18 am

But that was exactly my point Iggy. The reason people stayed away mainly previously was as jock says the standard of football and Fletcher being crap. Eventually Fletcher has been removed so one of the main stopping reasons has gone. However, will the absentees come back now they have their way or having stayed away will they continue with that and find something else as their reason. Saturday will be a good test of that one because I suspect a lot won't and will find another reason not to go.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Confirmed   Sheridan Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 11:28 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
But that was exactly my point Iggy. The reason people stayed away mainly previously was as jock says the standard of football and Fletcher being crap. Eventually Fletcher has been removed so one of the main stopping reasons has gone. However, will the absentees come back now they have their way or having stayed away will they continue with that and find something else as their reason. Saturday will be a good test of that one because I suspect a lot won't and will find another reason not to go.

until the football is worth my £20
until the chuckle twats have left the building
until the regime is truly transparent
until i feel like it and not when someone else thinks i should go

away games? thats a different call, i'll be at northampton, chesterfield and burton, now that jonah has took a hike
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Confirmed   Sheridan Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 11:29 am

I have a reason not to go I have already said a number of times I will not go to hp while the chuckle brothers and the hotel builder have anything to do with the club

I might have been tempted to break my self imposed absence on Saturday but as of Thursday I will be in Hampshire for a while
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Confirmed   Sheridan Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 11:58 am

John Sheridan will take you to League (Babylon) 5.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Confirmed   Sheridan Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 12:10 pm

We could be hampshire mates.

Like, we wouldn't ever meet up, but it'd be nice.

Mates.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Confirmed   Sheridan Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 12:19 pm

Did anyone watch the video on the official site? i havent as i canceled my A/W
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Confirmed   Sheridan Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 12:49 pm

I haven't seen it either but in a nutshell;
MASSSIVE TASK, HUGE CLUB WITH MASSIVE POTENTIAL, WORK HARD, MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY, STRENGTHEN IN KEY POSITIONS, CLUB IS MUCH MUCH BIGGER THAN ANY OF IT'S PLAYERS (OR RIVALS). SLEEPING GIANT.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Confirmed   Sheridan Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 5:17 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

I think ATD on the whole has been quite supportive of Sheridan. Not like Pasoti where a Sheridan out thread started before he had even been confirmed.

I haven't seen anyone saying they wouldn't be going because of Sheridan sensible so u don't know where that's come from? I know you don't care how the team play but on past form his sides have played a high tempo attacking style of football with the aim of scoring rather than defensively and hoping for a break.

I reckon hairy will need to keep a close eye on you in case anything unusual happens to your face and act fast. "Hello is that the emergency services, my father's just smiled for the first time in 30 years"

You are wrong jock! Sensible smiles all the time when he farts! affraid

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Confirmed   Sheridan Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 6:01 pm

Sheridan looks and sounds the part i think we might have made the right choice and i'm not used to being positive where argyle are concerned, if brent lets him bring a few in he should keep us in the fourh division which these days is a fookin triumph cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Confirmed   Sheridan Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 6:07 pm

Iggy wrote:
I haven't seen it either but in a nutshell;
MASSSIVE TASK, HUGE CLUB WITH MASSIVE POTENTIAL, WORK HARD, MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY, STRENGTHEN IN KEY POSITIONS, CLUB IS MUCH MUCH BIGGER THAN ANY OF IT'S PLAYERS (OR RIVALS). SLEEPING GIANT.

just saw a clip from westcountry live you pretty much nailed it lol you saved me having to renew a/w so thankyou Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Confirmed   Sheridan Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 6:30 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Did anyone watch the video on the official site? i havent as i canceled my A/W

I watched it. Usual soundbites I suppose and the ignorant cameraman was focusing on a poster advertising the 3 for 2 ticket offer while Sheridan started talking.

I was hoping Brent would say that he had banned Webb and Newell from anywhere other than the seats they pay for the same as anyone else, but no such luck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Confirmed   Sheridan Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 6:38 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
We could be hampshire mates.

Like, we wouldn't ever meet up, but it'd be nice.

Mates.

Lol, Emsworth Mock
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Confirmed   Sheridan Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 6:41 pm

sheridan will be live on bbc1 spotlight news very soon should be interesting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Confirmed   Sheridan Confirmed - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sheridan Confirmed
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next