Chemical Ali
Freathy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

RoNance out! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoNance out!   RoNance out! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 10:17 am

Greenjock wrote:
Larrieu is a real club legend. In his pomp he was a bloody good keeper in whatever league we were in. In fact we were spoilt for choice with McCormick as well.

Then he's battled testicular cancer and stuck with us until his playing career was over. I'm not convinced he's a coach but who knows what was going on behind the scenes these last two years?

He was one of a number of players going without wages for months and I think I read that he was helping out some of the younger players, even putting one up for a while.

He is the epitome of what a club president should be. Someone who has been a player or manager of the club for a long time, who married a local girl and will probably live in the area forever due to his love of the place.

A name that will be known throughout football circles and who could speak about his football career with any visiting directors, who might be able to unlock links to more French players coming over, who could help sway potential players to sign for us by selling the club and explain what can be achieved here from personal experience.

We've got Chris Webb. I'm saying nothing more.

Beaucoup de Calais !
Back to top Go down
Thai green

PostSubject: Re: RoNance out!   RoNance out! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 10:20 am

Very Happy Good morning Jock, how are you and your family, all very well I hope. I am sitting plugged into a 8 hour chemo today at Plymouth so I will be online a lot today. I agree with what you said above Jock. Ro is a wonderful Mr Argyle, he would make a very good President. Not sure how Chris Webb would view this but he knows, I am sure, it makes sense. Chris Webb could be given another role by Mr Brent, director maybe........... lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RoNance out!   RoNance out! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 10:27 am

Greenjock.....I do agree with you over Ro's potential for the good of the club.

That is quite possible without being labelled as Club President,and I think that the Directors should look into ways of making that happen.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: RoNance out!   RoNance out! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 10:34 am

DISAPPOINTED!
Another Brent mistake I fear, watching the Sheridan interview on BBC last night he said very unconvincingly he was 'happy' with the arrangement, his body language indicated to me that there was yet another story behind the decision.
Larieu is made for club president - boot Webb out now!

JAMES BRENT YOU ARE REALLY STARTING TO GET ON MY NERVES! cheers
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: RoNance out!   RoNance out! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 10:45 am

Thai green wrote:
Very Happy Good morning Jock, how are you and your family, all very well I hope. I am sitting plugged into a 8 hour chemo today at Plymouth so I will be online a lot today. I agree with what you said above Jock. Ro is a wonderful Mr Argyle, he would make a very good President. Not sure how Chris Webb would view this but he knows, I am sure, it makes sense. Chris Webb could be given another role by Mr Brent, director maybe........... lol!

Your sense of humour will be invaluable in your fight dear boy. Stay as strong as you can.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: RoNance out!   RoNance out! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 11:48 am

All the very best Thai
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RoNance out!   RoNance out! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 12:16 pm

Take care Thai
Back to top Go down
Thai green

PostSubject: Re: RoNance out!   RoNance out! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 12:50 pm

Thanks Tring, shoebo and Angry, actually I am in fine spirits and hoping after the last 5 miserable Argyle years I am hoping for an improvement, not sure what I am basing this on, just optimism I guess. I would be very happy before I join Michael Foot to go and see Argyle in a higher league WINNING at Home Park. lol!
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: RoNance out!   RoNance out! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:58 pm

Sounds like you have many,many,many years left in that case lol!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: RoNance out!   RoNance out! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:06 pm

All the best Thai
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: RoNance out!   RoNance out! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:08 pm

Thai green wrote:

Keep going old chap!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RoNance out!   RoNance out! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:03 pm

Thanks Phil. Just chugging along here as usual. Nice day today so have been out with my son, feeding apples and carrots to the horses in the nearby fields.

Cold snap on its way I hear by the weekend so my aching bones will be complaining like hell.

Hopefully a good display and three points on Saturday will be good for us all but in particular for you.

Is there any truth in the rumour that you've finished your course really but are just hanging around because of the many fine looking nurses who gladly pick up the pens you keep dropping? Oops sorry nurse I've done it again Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: RoNance out!   RoNance out! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 5:14 pm

All the best Thai.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RoNance out!   RoNance out! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 5:59 pm

I hope you get your wish Thai, best wishes.

PostSubject: Re: RoNance out!   RoNance out! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 10:27 pm

Thanks to so many, very touched by the comments, nurses soon cottoned onto my pen trick Jock Very Happy , now back at base, 3 points on Saturday will help, interesting news about Chadwick , so we will not see him again until after St Valentines Day !

I am 'at home' on this forum, it's perfect for me, happy, with good friends and is so informative with interesting debate. Very good intelligent posters make it a must for me !!

Very Happy

Phil. thai green.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RoNance out!   RoNance out! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 10:55 pm

Look after yourself, TG.

Focus on positive things. They're all that really sustain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RoNance out!   RoNance out! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

RoNance out!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: