Mapperley, darling
LondonGreen
Tringreen
Dougie
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 11:12 am

Iggy you have just pissed on my chips, this was building up quite nicely and then you go all Mr reasonable.

feck it now I will have to find something else to drip about.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 11:32 am

Iggy wrote:
Are we going to call this last episode fire certificate gate? Nerd gate, steward gate? TBH I don't think that this is up with Deepthroat or the other jolly japes by the superfans and I do t think that this is a contrived plan by the club to drown out dissent I think the stewards would have done it anyway at any time, they did the same with a Luggy out banner a while ago and that was pre Brent. I think there is plenty to moan about at the moment but on reflection this does seem storm in a teacup(gate).

I don't agree. Another, small example maybe, of club sanctioned thought control, double standards and sympathy vote opportunism . I'll just love it if next time, they turn up with a bigger Fletcher Out ! banner, complete with fire certificate.
I wonder what excuse will emanate from Webb when FN orchestrate its removal again ?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:52 pm

FFS! If I was looking to recreate the Great Fire Of London I would not use cheap Polyester!!! It does not burn, it shrinks. Your clothing is more likely to burn. Let's all go home park naked, right big dave? Geddon janner
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:54 pm

Iggy wrote:
I do hope he is right about Brent, actions speak louder than words, are we going to see any action then Mr Brent.
I am all for professionalism and if Fletch is to get the boot then obviously he should be the first to hear it and not read it on here, but he should hear it today.

Well said you...... cheers

One would be hoping Fletcher is dismissed this week and a replacement sought,but i have a bad feeling that won't be happening somehow.
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 1:13 pm

Well...... to buck the tone in chief of this thread somewhat....

I have disagreed with Chris W on a number of issues in the past, but having lost my dear Dad in similar, wretched circumstances not that long ago, the tone of his recent messages resonate deeply within me.

My perspective on, well, near-everything changed & I actively sought to repair friendships & relationships that previously, I did not care to.

My observations are that there are a number of cynics & sceptics on this site (how about that for an incisive, investigative mind?) and whilst the cynics may never change their views, it may be that if the sceptics could find some empathy in the here and now, the greater good could benefit.

My perception is that an olive branch has been offered & I believe there to be sincerity in what Chris has written.

There are a few of us on here that often quote the 'if you do it as you've always done it.... ' phrase; well perhaps here's an opportunity to do things differently.
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 2:00 pm

Dougie wrote:
Whether or not FV was set up to silence dissent (I don't beleive it was intentionally set up that way) it was an inevitable consequence that anyone could have seen coming. You don't bite the hand that feeds you whether that hand belongs to the President, Nikkk or the club.

Little drummer boy pa rum pum pum pum has said he will continue to drum over any protest in the ground to put one over the old men on Pasoti. So that is that then.

As for the little insight into Brent's mindset I can't see Flethcher going any time soon. What if Brent actually thinks that Fletcher is the right man for the job come what may and by the sound of it he does. We have a two week break from league cames now with the distraction of the Oxford game and it should be best served taking the team out onto Dartmoor to train with the marines or something together with double training sessions at least for the strikers.

Next up we seen two of our loanees bid us anfond farewell and a happy christmas. Together with the hope that we can get out of the relegation mini league we seem to have been 'unluckily' sucked into now.

He isnt very smart as if he keeps doing it someone(s) will bound to take action against him right or wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 2:23 pm

The Red Star wrote:
Not good to bring the death of a loved one into any statement. It has no bearing.

He makes the statement: "I got to the point where i was constantly checking pasoti, replying to every tweet and treating Argyle like a job rather than a love".

He sold his soul to get the job, it stopped becoming a love when he referred to himself as "The President". Stop bleating for heavens sake.

He clearly is so far out of his depth he is just another Mary Rose.

Mary Poppins more like Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 2:53 pm

JonB wrote:
Well...... to buck the tone in chief of this thread somewhat....

I have disagreed with Chris W on a number of issues in the past, but having lost my dear Dad in similar, wretched circumstances not that long ago, the tone of his recent messages resonate deeply within me.

My perspective on, well, near-everything changed & I actively sought to repair friendships & relationships that previously, I did not care to.

My observations are that there are a number of cynics & sceptics on this site (how about that for an incisive, investigative mind?) and whilst the cynics may never change their views, it may be that if the sceptics could find some empathy in the here and now, the greater good could benefit.

My perception is that an olive branch has been offered & I believe there to be sincerity in what Chris has written.

There are a few of us on here that often quote the 'if you do it as you've always done it.... ' phrase; well perhaps here's an opportunity to do things differently.

Jon if you are prepared to delve back on ATD you will find a great many threads where olive branches have been offered by Webb and this has more often than not been met with friendly open arms so it's not a case of 'if you always do what you have always done' etc. It's a case of 'several times bitten, twice shy.

I know that will leave me open to the "well I told you so" defence that is often used bythose that use passive manouvering as a tactic but I can live with that.

Please forgive typos but I'm very busy with things at the mo whilst trying to get tons of work done as well.
Back to top Go down
Old Timer

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 2:58 pm

I wonder if the drum has a fire certificate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 3:11 pm

Did Noah have a fire certificate for the Ark during the flood.

With that rain on Saturday a fire certificate seemed a pointless subject unless it was waterproof.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 3:33 pm

ZYPH wrote:

With that rain on Saturday a fire certificate seemed a pointless subject unless it was waterproof.

Oi you just be grateful you have a club to support where we can employ yobbish stewards who ask to see your fire certificate

So ungrateful Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 3:36 pm

Grumpy wrote:
The Red Star wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
On the subject of fire certificates i recently purchased some flags from the club shop and so far have not recieved my fire certificates from the club.Is it safe to take them to Home Park?

The flags do not need a certificate if they remain in the plastic bag.

A word of caution: "Please do not put the bag over your head, it may cause suffication"

So you could wave this flag that does not have a fire certificate if it was in an inflammable plastic bag.

So if this was a very large bag with some writing on it, say just for arguments sake FLETCHER OUT! would this be ok? just asking like.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 3:51 pm

Surely the match day tickets, the programmes, the cups that the EXPENSIVE drinks are provided in, the toilet paper, paper towels etc are all flammable- should these be BANNED.

To be fair I did type in "flags with fire certificates" into google and several clubs (Rangers, Leicester) have this policy. It seems a very bizarre rule.

Also didn't Chris Webb rescue some old flags (15 - 20 years old) which FV now use? I doubt they would have the necessary certificates?
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 4:53 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Cynics would say 'expert timing' to look for the sympathy vote.
I just don't believe the man. The fire safety certificate bollox only seems to apply to messages they don't want seen.
Everything at the club stinks of 'thought control' and 'it's our way or the highway'.

You've been rumbled guys. Brent isn't interested and hasn't got a clue. He trusted the Windsor Boys and their deepthroating chums but they've been exposed for the deceitful control freaks they clearly are.He offered them the keys to Home Park but their lack of class and vision has been badly exposed.

I fear it will get worse before it has a chance of getting better.

These rats won't leave the ship without a fight.

Slap me with a wet lettuce if you will, but I agree with the Tringster. I don't particularly like not believing people, but I don't believe Webb. Of course it's sad that he's suffered a loss and I have every sympathy with him, having lost both my parents a couple of years ago. Thing is, I didn't post about it on the internet and use it to try and gain sympathy before coming up with some sort of explanation for the actions of his beloved Forza thingy.

The guy is a user.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 5:07 pm

LondonGreen wrote:
ZYPH wrote:

Oi you just be grateful you have a club to support where we can employ yobbish stewards who ask to see your fire certificate

So ungrateful Rolling Eyes

If that Fire Steward had been in London in 1666 the course of history would have been changed.........just think of all those crappy wooden houses that might still be around......OH I forgot Herr Hitler might of got rid of them 70 odd years ago.

Bet you've never come across a link between 1666 and Hitler before have you.......you learn a little each day on here don't you.
Back to top Go down
Old Timer

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 5:33 pm

Did the toilet rolls thrown by that forza crowd (actually they were quite impressive) have fire certificates? On the subject of health and safety and obeying rules , could the stadium manager please explain why a large group of unsupervised young people are allowed to break the rules with impunity i.e. standing up in a seated area? I suggest sir that you are falling down on your job and should be the first to be made redundant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 5:44 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Cynics would say 'expert timing' to look for the sympathy vote.
I just don't believe the man. The fire safety certificate bollox only seems to apply to messages they don't want seen.
Everything at the club stinks of 'thought control' and 'it's our way or the highway'.

You've been rumbled guys. Brent isn't interested and hasn't got a clue. He trusted the Windsor Boys and their deepthroating chums but they've been exposed for the deceitful control freaks they clearly are.He offered them the keys to Home Park but their lack of class and vision has been badly exposed.

I fear it will get worse before it has a chance of getting better.

These rats won't leave the ship without a fight.

Slap me with a wet lettuce if you will, but I agree with the Tringster. I don't particularly like not believing people, but I don't believe Webb. Of course it's sad that he's suffered a loss and I have every sympathy with him, having lost both my parents a couple of years ago. Thing is, I didn't post about it on the internet and use it to try and gain sympathy before coming up with some sort of explanation for the actions of his beloved Forza thingy.

The guy is a user.

I am trying to leave sentiments about CW out of this argument, I honestly believe that this will be known as storm in teacup gate in a while. I don't think the steward should here removed the banner but as pointed out they have done this for years not just Brent, it's the stewards.
Sorry Grumps. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 5:49 pm

I genuinely don't quite understand how this very small incident has been twisted around to be yet another stick to beat Chris Webb with but well done Tring, you've done it yet again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 5:56 pm

hairy j wrote:
I genuinely don't quite understand how this very small incident has been twisted around to be yet another stick to beat Chris Webb with but well done Tring, you've done it yet again.

It happened in the Devonport ....where all of CW Disciples gather, there is a direct link between CW and forza nerd. It was one of CW disciples who ran forward and was the key factor in the banner being removed.
It may seem very trivial to you HJ.... sticking up for your Forza nerd mates and all that, the rest of us dont happen to find it trivial at all,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 6:25 pm

So how many people actually witnessed what happened? I did on Saturday and commented upon it to Sensiblegreeny as it was happening. It really was quite a trivial incident.

I don't sit in the Devonport End and that's how I saw it happen - those behind the banner wouldn't have seen it. One guy confronted them and then, a minute or so later, the steward in the red coat asked them to put it away - this wasn't a case of a 'disciple' complaining to a steward who then forced its removal - the old chap in the large hat didn't even speak to the guy in the red coat.

That wasn't my point anyway. Chris Webb isn't to blame for any of it - he wasn't involved.
Back to top Go down
Old Timer

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 6:30 pm

Its about freedom of thoughts and speech , something that has been forgotten about at Home Park by the look of it.The stadium manager should be sacked for his shameful role in this,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 6:36 pm

Not really interested in the nerds /prez etc, just want to know when brent is going to employ a credible manager, and sack the imposter we have now.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 6:57 pm

As a dedicated Trade Union man, I believe that Webb has purchased one of the original Fire Safety Certificates that accompanied the Jarrow Marchers' banners all the way to London
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:12 pm

Anyone see the Fire Certificate?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:51 pm

Chelsea fans don't want a manager who won the Spanish league and not with Real Madrid or Barcelona, also the UEFA Cup and took Valencia to the champions league final, then won the champions league and other trophies with a shit Liverpool team, and his first game in charge for Chelsea he's booed and banners wanting him out displayed.

Meanwhile we have lost in the cup to Dorchester, and are 20th in division 4 having lost 6 and drawn one of our last 7 games and the manager doesn't sound like he gives a toss or knows how to change things, he's relying on our luck changing, and our fans can't protest by flags, or by chanting anti Fletcher songs unless your voice can drown out little drummer boy and the nerds and carry around your national diploma of competence in flag bearing.

Swap you Chelsea boys. You have Brent and Fletcher and we'll have Benetiz, you have Romain and we'll have Roman. Deal?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next