Greenskin
Les Miserable
sufferedsince 68
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 18 EmptyMon May 27, 2024 1:03 pm

I visit St James when they play there because I take my next door neighbour (86years) up to watch his granddaughter play. (Mollie) and some other Ex Argyle players. He mention it but he do get confused.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 18 EmptyMon May 27, 2024 5:52 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Chances are that this post ain't gonna please Mr C but some of you Plymothians might raise a glass to Plymouth born Henry Slade who was voted the 2023/24 Gallagher Premiership Rugby Player of the season. 

Henry also made it a prize winning double by winning the league top scorer trophy after garnering a mighty 155 points.

Immanuel Feyi-Waboso, the Chief's wing speedster who's heavily tipped to join the next Lions tour made it an EXE double by winning the 'Breakthrough Player of the Season.

ex albion player too is slade as where nowell cowan dickie and several other chiefs legends of the recent era.

Still irks me to this day the former owners of Albion at the time who rather than do what the Chiefs did and invest in a ground and facilities in a prime location to make money while also investing in its youth recruitment and training which it cant be denied its been a major success for them at the time they decided when Albion where on the up and pushing on the premiership's door to cut the academy which lost alot of youngsters to the chiefs a move they never really bothered to rectify even today bought a pitch in an area you cant build a decent stadium in due to them agreeing to not impact the athletics club next door nor has it got good roads to cope with crowds (take not hallett kings road is a bitch when its busy) and not only do all thst they only ever built two stands that are not very good they went on and sacked graham dawe and they never ever recovered from that lost fans from going to games as alot either didnt bother going or started going to chiefs or pirates games and went into major debt.

im happy Slade decided to stay at the Chiefs and not taken the money in France which i dont think anyone would have blamed him if he did hes a great player and Argyle fan too btw. I hope the chiefs have a better season next time around im hoping to get up for a few games.

Hugh Midde wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Hugh is that true the women team are going full team and they have a backer paying the bill

Sorry for my delay in answering but I've been holidaying at my daughters in Dorset. As for the Chiefs women's team I know very little other than what you get by logging on the club's website. The reason is that I live in Wiltshire and travel down on the Friday with my son and returning home Sunday afternoon which make's a costly weekend. We watch the Chiefs/City alternatively in case you're wondering (unless it's a special game of interest) However, When I'm able I'll make an effort answer your query.

i believe until fairly recently one of the new gladiators who happens to be deaf played for the chiefs but has since retired from the game to be a celeb on the back of the show. Thats all i know about the womens team too.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 18 EmptyWed May 29, 2024 11:43 pm

Grace Less wrote:
Having been abroad for five months, and therefore missed much of the season I had expected to return to gloomy news for City and a triumphant smirking outburst from the Greeneies. It appears not to be so. What has caused this reversal in fortunes?

I've swiftly coming to the opinion that while our Lord's favourite people are considered to be the Israelites, his favourite footy team must surely be no other than ECFC. I say this because after all the abuse that headed our way last season, suddenly there's this massive clap of thunder and their sainted manager hotfoots to stoke City - Gary Coldwell has finally assembled a team capable of climbing the table and then to cap it all, Wayne Rooney becomes their new manager  Razz Razz Razz 

I'm not a betting man but I might just risk £20  laugh
Back to top Go down
Grace Less

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 18 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2024 5:42 pm

What? No stirrings down Home Park way?
A reasonable start up here at SJP whilst awaiting the seemingly inevitable sacking down there.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 18 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2024 10:21 pm

Early days Gracey, early days.

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Exeter league 1 relegation thread.
Page 18 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18