green_genie
Vampires11
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 24 EmptySat Jan 18, 2020 6:06 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I can't see that they will make much more than they did before, they always use to sell the corporate out and Si has to make back about £8m before the club sees anything.

I’m not sure if you’ve genuinely missed it Ears, but Hallett has effectively written off the loan for the mankover by transferring the monies owed to him, in shares. The club don’t owe anything in real terms any more - no 30 yr mortgage to pay any more, nothing.

It really is win win for the club. Hallett effectively owns a shareholding that isn’t in keeping with the genuine value of the club.  The ONLY way Hallett will ever potentially see a return on his investment, would be if we were to somehow spawn it the the Prem, with the tens of millions that that brings.

No I didn't just had a bit of a blonde moment. I still had the three percent loan at the back of my mind but you are quite right. I still think the £1m Exeter chiefs model is pie in the sky though. I applaud what Si is doing and is waaaaay better than Brent I just can't help feel he views anyone who doesn't frequent the grandstand as slightly scummy, man of the people he ain't.

Seeing as prior to being a director he used to sit in the Lyndhurst, I doubt that is true.  If it is...  He has a pretty low opinion of himself.

Lol right on queue. Say what you like Ricks but Hallett has only addressed issues in the Grandstand, we still have queues and overpriced shite food. When that changes I will give him credit for it not before.
Actually that is really funny, Si the millionaire investment guy being an ordinary fan! Right up there with Greengrocers daughter Maggie and ex brickie John Major. Deserves at least six Lolz.

It's right on 'cue', but whatever..  Facts are facts and he sat in the Lyndy.  He had to suffer poor service too.  I doubt that he's forgotten.

..and pathetic.  So you have to be poor to be 'a man of the people' do you?  You can't be a regular guy who just made good?  You're a classic case of 'money envy' at its worst.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 24 EmptySat Jan 18, 2020 6:46 pm

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I can't see that they will make much more than they did before, they always use to sell the corporate out and Si has to make back about £8m before the club sees anything.

I’m not sure if you’ve genuinely missed it Ears, but Hallett has effectively written off the loan for the mankover by transferring the monies owed to him, in shares. The club don’t owe anything in real terms any more - no 30 yr mortgage to pay any more, nothing.

It really is win win for the club. Hallett effectively owns a shareholding that isn’t in keeping with the genuine value of the club.  The ONLY way Hallett will ever potentially see a return on his investment, would be if we were to somehow spawn it the the Prem, with the tens of millions that that brings.

No I didn't just had a bit of a blonde moment. I still had the three percent loan at the back of my mind but you are quite right. I still think the £1m Exeter chiefs model is pie in the sky though. I applaud what Si is doing and is waaaaay better than Brent I just can't help feel he views anyone who doesn't frequent the grandstand as slightly scummy, man of the people he ain't.

Seeing as prior to being a director he used to sit in the Lyndhurst, I doubt that is true.  If it is...  He has a pretty low opinion of himself.

Lol right on queue. Say what you like Ricks but Hallett has only addressed issues in the Grandstand, we still have queues and overpriced shite food. When that changes I will give him credit for it not before.
Actually that is really funny, Si the millionaire investment guy being an ordinary fan! Right up there with Greengrocers daughter Maggie and ex brickie John Major. Deserves at least six Lolz.

It's right on 'cue', but whatever..  Facts are facts and he sat in the Lyndy.  He had to suffer poor service too.  I doubt that he's forgotten.

..and pathetic.  So you have to be poor to be 'a man of the people' do you?  You can't be a regular guy who just made good?  You're a classic case of 'money envy' at its worst.

Not one jot, I am exactly where I want to be in life and a millionaire I am not. I work pretty well part time if I want to go out and eat or drink I do, if I want to go fishing I do just that, I am the most content of people. Whilst Si and his ilk were sat in meetings and offices I was on the beach having a post surf bifta and a beer and I wouldn't change it for the world.
The main hole in your argument is that apart from "listening" to the fans regarding cashless HP feck all has changed at HP regarding the queues, the lack of POTD and the shite over priced food. When that changes I will happily say well done to Si but until then I will call him out for paying lip service to us ordinary fans.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 24 EmptySat Jan 18, 2020 7:10 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Not one jot, I am exactly where I want to be in life and a millionaire I am not. I work pretty well part time if I want to go out and eat or drink I do, if I want to go fishing I do just that, I am the most content of people. Whilst Si and his ilk were sat in meetings and offices I was on the beach having a post surf bifta and a beer and I wouldn't change it for the world.
The main hole in your argument is that apart from "listening" to the fans regarding cashless HP feck all has changed at HP regarding the queues, the lack of POTD and the shite over priced food. When that changes I will happily say well done to Si but until then I will call him out for paying lip service to us ordinary fans.

"Feck all changed"?

I expect 'cashless' is being brought in mainly to help alleviate the queues. and guess what? You personally don't want it. Brilliant. Cut off your nose to spite your face.

Food trucks have been brought in. So something is being done on the food front. How that pans out is yet to be seen..

So contrary to what you are saying, things are being done.

POTD - what did the club say when you emailed them?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 24 EmptySat Jan 18, 2020 7:40 pm

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

"Feck all changed"?

I expect 'cashless' is being brought in mainly to help alleviate the queues.  and guess what?  You personally don't want it.  Brilliant.  Cut off your nose to spite your face.

Food trucks have been brought in.  So something is being done on the food front.  How that pans out is yet to be seen..

So contrary to what you are saying,  things are being done.

POTD - what did the club say when you emailed them?

The food trucks have been placed in the Mayflower (at least fans can shelter under them when it rains) in Sis favourite art of the ground feck all has changed in the horseshoe. As for queues it's all free jam tomorrow and cashless hasn't alleviated feck all because it's for the future. When I went recently it took half an hour to get the ticket I'd bought from home (cashless you'll be pleased to know) and another half hour to get in the ground because there aren't enough turnstiles open. Absolutely feck all change since Brent.
As for emailing the club what's the point? Plenty of people including myself have bought it up via email and via he AFT and we all get the same waffle but for the last time FOOK ALL HAS CHANGED!
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 24 EmptySun Jan 19, 2020 5:07 pm

What's a bifta?
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 24 EmptySun Jan 19, 2020 5:08 pm

Ah don't worry got it
Noun. bifta (plural biftas) (Britain, slang) A cannabis cigarette. (Liverpudlian, slang) A cigarette. (Britain, slang, with "full") Everything that is available or possible; the works.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 24 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2020 8:19 am

drains vac lorry going around Home Park drains at 0600 this morning, they also digging up where the fans coaches park.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 24 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2020 1:29 pm

The herald despite all this charaltan has done is still sucking his dick it appears... im not linking the article as it was a pile of shit 50 most powerful people in plymouth (most dont live here or from here) and tudor the fraud came out on top.  but anyways here is the write up the work experience kid did on brent.

Quote :
38 James Brent – Pavilions boss and ice rink developer
James Brent stepped down as chairman of Plymouth Argyle in 2018 but still has a string of directorships including Hawksmoor Investment Management and South West Ticketing Solutions – and he’s building an ice rink.

The Old Etonian, who made his name in the hotel industry, also controls Plymouth Pavilions and has earmarked ambitious plans for the site, where he has sold the car park for development.

But his next project is the giant ice rink scheduled to be built on land right next to Plymouth Argyle’s football stadium before the end of 2020.

The Mayflower Ice Arena will be created on a patch of derelict ground next to the club’s redeveloped £8million grandstand and the new £1.1million Green Teverners’ Suite supporters’ bar.

The arena, expected to cover 40,000sqft, will be sited between the redeveloped stadium and the Life Centre sports complex, on ground originally earmarked for the Higher Home Park office and retail development.

Has it not dawned on the hearld yet that james isnt as great as he likes his thugs to make him appear as?

Last edited by Angry on Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 24 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2020 1:40 pm

Didn't mention then the arch shyster fleeced the council tax payers of Plymouth by buying the Pavillions for a pound.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 24 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2020 2:10 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Didn't mention then the arch shyster fleeced the council tax payers of Plymouth by buying the Pavillions for a pound.

Or the fact he didn't pay business rates or rent for ages.

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 24 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2020 2:47 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Thumbs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 24 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2020 2:56 pm

[quote="Angry"]The herald despite all this charaltan has done is still sucking his dick it appears... im not linking the article as it was a pile of shit 50 most powerful people in plymouth (most dont live here or from here) and tudor the fraud came out on top.  but anyways here is the write up the work experience kid did on brent.

Quote :
James Brent stepped down as chairman of Plymouth Argyle in 2018 but still has a string of directorships including Hawksmoor Investment Management and South West Ticketing Solutions – and he’s building an ice rink.

The Old Etonian, who made his name in the hotel industry, also controls Plymouth Pavilions and has earmarked ambitious plans for the site, where he has sold the car park for development.

But his next project is the giant ice rink scheduled to be built on land right next to Plymouth Argyle’s football stadium before the end of 2020.

The Mayflower Ice Arena will be created on a patch of derelict ground next to the club’s redeveloped £8million grandstand and the new £1.1million Green Teverners’ Suite supporters’ bar.

The arena, expected to cover 40,000sqft, will be sited between the redeveloped stadium and the Life Centre sports complex, on ground originally earmarked for the Higher Home Park office and retail development.[/quote

Has it not dawned on the hearld yet that james isnt as great as he likes his thugs to make him appear as?

Where was Chris Webb? I can't be bothered to look Surprised

Funny how the Hreald still think Brent is some business hot shot, when his hotels went into administration, he sold the Pavilions car park because he was never going to do anything to it and his next project isn't a giant ice arena its a shed and he's been on about building it for 10 years without laying a brick.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 24 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2020 3:50 pm

It's the Erald innit?
Thick as shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 24 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2020 5:34 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Angry wrote:
The herald despite all this charaltan has done is still sucking his dick it appears... im not linking the article as it was a pile of shit 50 most powerful people in plymouth (most dont live here or from here) and tudor the fraud came out on top.  but anyways here is the write up the work experience kid did on brent.

Quote :

The arena, expected to cover 40,000sqft, will be sited between the redeveloped stadium and the Life Centre sports complex, on ground originally earmarked for the Higher Home Park office and retail development.

Where was Chris Webb? I can't be bothered to look Surprised

Funny how the Hreald still think Brent is some business hot shot, when his hotels went into administration, he sold the Pavilions car park because he was never going to do anything to it and his next project isn't a giant ice arena its a shed and he's been on about building it for 10 years without laying a brick.
[/quote]

i didnt see that dosser mentioned thankfully.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 24 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2020 6:22 pm

Angry wrote:

Quote :

Giant????? WTF

He's failed on every development project he's been responsible for- Oldway Mansion, Home Park, Civic Centre. He never wants to pay for any of it, and expects companies to buy into the idea to fund the project. Because the projects are always shit, no one wants to be involved.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 24 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2020 7:24 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

2years he he got free business rates for if can remember
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 24 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2020 8:55 pm

PAFC were let off the maximum amount a council is allowed to grant, a cool half million in business rates and rent - money that should have been spent on the poor, old and vulnerable of Plymouth, yet Tudor prefers to plead poverty and blame the government.

The Pavillions, which cost 32 million of taxpayers money to build was handed over to Brent along with two million quid to run it, Brent then sells the car park he was given for a cool million quid.

Wasn't Plymouth Live Editor (and Argyle fan) Edd Moore going to write a book about the Brent/PCC relationship once?

Last edited by PatDunne on Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 24 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 4:39 am

PatDunne wrote:
PAFC were let off the maximum amount a council is allowed to grant, a cool half million in business rates and rent - money that should have been spent on the poor, old and vulnerable of Plymouth, yet Tudor prefers to plead poverty and blame the government.

The Pavillions, which cost 32 million of taxpayers money to build was handed over to Brent along with two million quid to run it, Brent promptly closed the pool (the cause of most of the operating losses), something Tudor didn't have the political balls to do. Brent then sells the car park he was given for a cool million quid.

Wasn't Plymouth Live Editor (and Argyle fan) Edd Moore going to write a book about the Brent/PCC relationship once?

Heard more than a few tales of Brent and his legal eagles crushing with threats any attempt to expose his evil shyster ways.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 24 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 6:07 am

Timeline is wrong on Pavilions pool. PCC closed it during the sale negotiations to JB after Life Centre opened.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 24 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 7:58 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

The Pavillions, which cost 32 million of taxpayers money to build was handed over to Brent along with two million quid to run it, Brent promptly closed the pool (the cause of most of the operating losses), something Tudor didn't have the political balls to do. Brent then sells the car park he was given for a cool million quid.

Heard more than a few tales of Brent and his legal eagles crushing with threats any attempt to expose his evil shyster ways.

Same tactics he used when he was at Argyle with the additional purpose of using useful idiots like PASOTI, Newell, the senior greens and the green taverners as his political foot soldiers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 24 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 8:36 am

PatDunne wrote:

Ed Moore is actually OK. He has handed Nool his arse on twitter a number of times recently as Nool has gone after the Herald for the sort of bias only present in his mind. No idea what happen to the book though.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 24 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:07 am

green_genie wrote:
Timeline is wrong on Pavilions pool. PCC closed it during the sale negotiations to JB after Life Centre opened.

Thanks for the correction, have amended my 'rant'
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 24 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:15 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

Same tactics he used when he was at Argyle with the additional purpose of using useful idiots like PASOTI, Newell, the senior greens and the green taverners as his political foot soldiers.

Talking of Green Taverners is it still open ??
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 24 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 10:45 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

Talking of Green Taverners is it still open  ??
not sure if it’s open on a day to day basis havre but there still pluggging the place for events I saw in the programme..another ABBA cover band so get your high heels and Lycra out the wardrobe havre lol!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 24 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 12:27 pm

Now and again, My bother grandson was down from Scotland (navy) with his wife and child, while walking around the park dropped in the the GT to have a look. asked for a coffee but was refused because he was not a member.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 24 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next