Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton....

Go down 
+4
Jethro
Earwegoagain
harvetheslayer
Czarcasm
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton.... Empty
PostSubject: Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton....   Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton.... EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 8:19 am

....the triple-shite axis.

Three non-league level defenders, two of which were given 2yr contracts a year ago, then Sawyer offered a new deal this summer. Ok, Sawyer getting offered a deal wasn't Adams (or Lowes) decision, but with him being captain etc a new deal was probably gonna come for him anyway.

What has surprised me the most about Lowe's tenure so far is that he didn't realise pretty much straight away that these three were always going to be hopeless, particularly as a ball-playing back three. We've been unlucky with Aimson's pre-season inury and the Chelsea lad arriving is thankfully a sign that the penny was dropping with Lowe. But even the greenest-tinted Aviva could see that these three were never going to be up to it.

80 goals conceded last year. How that isn't the reddest of red flags for Lowe, I'll never know. Colour blind, maybe.

Are we still able to get free agents in after the closed window? If so Aimson, Grant + Another has to be first choice going forward, because getting out of this league with the current Keystone Cop threesome at the back is going to be some task.

Aimson is due to start on Tuesday. Think I may pop along and have a look.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton....   Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton.... EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 8:28 am

Ryan Lowe if he wasnt fully aware before after shipping 7 goals in 2 games certainly will be now of the shocking defence he's inherited.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton....   Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton.... EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 10:25 am

I told you so. At length many times, I was accused of being miserable. Lowe obviously likes an attacking game and good for him on that score although with the defender situation I'm just guessing he couldn't afford all his attacking players and change the defence at the same time but thinking our firepower would nullify the problems at the back.
The modus operndii of most teams that beat us last season was to run at Sawyer he's a liability.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton....   Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton.... EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 12:57 pm

Sawyer has been slow for the last 3 years, we should have shipped out then,

As I said on another thread, these 3 have what a year left on their deals, lets hope in Jan,

Lowe tells them they can find other clubs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton....   Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton.... EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 2:45 pm

Our style of play will lead to goals being conceeded. While agree the static caravan and wootton are problems that need replacing its also worth noting bury had this problem too. i guess its an occupational hazzard to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton....   Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton.... EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 3:56 pm

Angry wrote:
Our style of play will lead to goals being conceeded. While agree the static caravan and wootton are problems that need replacing its also worth noting bury had this problem too. i guess its an occupational hazzard to deal with.

Not necessarily. All we'd need to do is replace these three with decent upper-league2 level centre-backs - that should hardly break the bank, and with our attacking set-up we'd probably get 100 pts.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton....   Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton.... EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 5:37 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:

Not necessarily. All we'd need to do is replace these three with decent upper-league2 level centre-backs - that should hardly break the bank, and with our attacking set-up we'd probably get 100 pts.

true but my point is Bury had the same problems with their defence with this formation and tactic away from home so changing personel isnt going to solve it completely. We could do that now with J.Grant aimson being brought in at the expense of canavan and wootton/sawyer. See how that goes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton....   Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton.... EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 5:37 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:

true but my point is Bury had the same problems with their defence with this formation and tactic away from home so changing personel isnt going to solve it completely. We could do that now with J.Grant aimson being brought in at the expense of canavan and wootton/sawyer. See how that goes.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton....   Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton.... EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 6:11 pm

We could all stick our fingers up our arses and whistle Dixie but the back three would still be shite. Also Lowes style is to play out from the backs and if the backs aren't up to it then we are doomed to failure.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton....   Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton.... EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 6:25 pm

We need a decent Sonny Bradley, type leader at the back.
Back to top Go down
RD104

PostSubject: Re: Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton....   Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton.... EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 6:39 pm

Still not sure how Josh Grant isn't starting every game, he's looked solid everytime I've seen him.

I can understand Aimson will lack match fitness, but Grant situation leaves me head scratching.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton....   Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton.... EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 7:13 pm

Also got Peck we could throw in there, looked good in pre season hopefully he does well in the cup with the chelsea kids in whatever its called now,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton....   Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton.... EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 11:35 am

RD104 wrote:
Still not sure how Josh Grant isn't starting every game, he's looked solid everytime I've seen him.

I can understand Aimson will lack match fitness, but Grant situation leaves me head scratching.

Sent from Topic'it App

he should be starting i agree maybe he isnt up to match fitness or lowe really rates the three stooges too highly.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton....   Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton.... EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 2:47 pm

Sawyer should have been sent end of last season you just knew he was gunna sign that two 2 year deal in fact he couldn’t sign it quick enough as otherwise
He would have proberly wound up in the national league or national south another one who was dreadful last season his pace has alluded him
And was constantly getting dragged out of position
The only thing I can’t think of Lowe must have known
How shit our defence was last season you’d would have had to be blind not to even on the football grapevine he must known I think his took a gamble with the defence knowing there shit but thought there be good enough for L2
While he used the money/budget Just to get his favourites players down from bury I can’t see another
Logic otherwise for keeping our carthorse defence otherwise but it certainly back fired if this is the case
Cos why? Why? Why ? Would you change everythink else basically but not the shit defence that leaked over 80 goals
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton....   Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton.... EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 5:58 pm

Sawyer was re signed by the stand in board person, forgot their name, before Lowe joined wasn't he?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton....   Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton.... EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 6:12 pm

Same as all the kids we signed up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton....   Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Adams legacy - Sawyer Canavan Wootton....
Page 1 of 1