HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Matthews

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Matthews Empty
PostSubject: Matthews    Matthews EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 8:07 pm

No Matthews in starting 11 and not on the bench,  Subs: McGovern (GK), Husband, Zimmermann, Leitner, Stiepermann, Trybull, Passlack, Hernandez, Srbeny, McGovern

Luton 0 Norwich 3 HT Luton 1 Norwich 3 FT

Gorleston-born Matthews spent much of last season in the third tier with Plymouth, keeping 10 cleans sheets in 27 games and proving popular with Argyle fans, building on previous loan experience at Hamilton, Doncaster and Burton.

McGovern was signed on a free in 2016 by former manager Alex Neil and played just once last season, in the League Cup.

Both are in the final year of their contracts, although there is an option for a further 12 months in Matthews’ deal, but if Krul is to arrive it seems likely one will have to leave. However, even if Krul is signed in the next few days, it seems unlikely he will be ready to play in City’s opening game at Birmingham on August 4 – so the gloves could still be up for grabs yet.

Matthews played all of a 2-1 defeat to Union Berlin in Germany last Tuesday – in which he was partly at fault for one of the goals – and McGovern played all of Thursday’s 1-1 draw with Bundesliga side Wolfsburg.

Last edited by Tgwu on Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Matthews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matthews    Matthews EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 1:13 pm

I see the Herald as jumped on the bandwagon that  we  posted yesterday

Could
goalkeeper Remi Matthews re-sign on loan for Plymouth Argyle again

Norwich media
Norwich City head coach Daniel Farke has confirmed that he does not think Remi Matthews is ready to be a Championship first-choice.

Matthews was expected to be given a chance at making the number one shirt his this summer.

However, a number of high-profile errors in pre-season appear to have changed Farke’s mind.

Norwich completed the signing of Tim Krul on a free transfer following his release from Brighton, taking over as first-choice.

Farke has said that Matthews needs to develop more and that Norwich are not prepared to take a risk in regards to the goalkeeping position.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Matthews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matthews    Matthews EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 2:12 pm

Tgwu wrote:

Could

Norwich media
Norwich City head coach Daniel Farke has confirmed that he does not think Remi Matthews is ready to be a Championship first-choice.

Matthews was expected to be given a chance at making the number one shirt his this summer.

However, a number of high-profile errors in pre-season appear to have changed Farke’s mind.

Norwich completed the signing of Tim Krul on a free transfer following his release from Brighton, taking over as first-choice.

Farke has said that Matthews needs to develop more and that Norwich are not prepared to take a risk in regards to the goalkeeping position.

We are. lol!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Matthews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matthews    Matthews EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 12:15 pm

Daniel Farke reveals heart-to-heart with Remi Matthews

Matthews now looks poised for a loan move in search of first team football, having started the summer with ambitions to become the Canaries’ new number one.

Krul made his debut in the midweek friendly win at Luton Town, but Farke is adamant there is a future for Matthews at his boyhood club.

“First of all I have to say Remi is a brilliant lad and we totally believe in his quality and that one day he is able to be the number one on this level in the Championship,” said Farke.

“Believe me my first wish is to bring in one of our lads but the pressure is maybe too high on Remi. I have spoken honestly to him three days ago and said I could have taken the pressure off and said you would be my number one, whatever happens.

“But I wanted to put him under that pressure because when you play in front of 27,000 at Carrow Road you have to be able to handle all that. You can’t crack under pressure.

“I am not saying he would crack but it would be a risk. It was a tough decision for Remi and for me because I like him a lot as a person and trust in his potential.

“I have mentioned before, I am not here to be the nicest lad in the group, it is about what is right for the football club.”

Farke felt Krul stood a better chance of replacing Angus Gunn.

“Last season we had a similar situation. Now we had a chance to add some more quality,” said the City chief. “If the squad is good but the keeper is there with mistakes you will fight against relegation, 100pc.

“To be really successful you must have a keeper who is better than average, not just solid. This position is too important.

“We had this situation with Remi that we didn’t want to bring in a keeper too early, so we could have this competition with him and Michael (McGovern) and see how it develops.

“But after four weeks of pre-season there is no time left, you have to make a decision based on the facts.

“In our mind if you would ask me, ‘Is Remi capable of being our number one?’ I would say, ‘could be, but not without doubts’ and the keeper position is too important for a side to take any risks.

“We had seven or eight in the same situation and not all of them can impress so much that they are pretty close to the team.”
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Matthews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matthews    Matthews EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 2:15 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Could

Norwich media

We are. lol!

If the austerity loving Bent regime are happy to sign 96 goal conceding goalies from the lower Dutch leagues, then Derek should be working his arse off to resign Matthews, but I suspect Jimmy is already muttering something about stratospheric wages, and besides Remi might fancy a different club this season.
Back to top Go down

Matthews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matthews    Matthews EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 3:04 pm

Del needs to act NOW! before he gets sniped by another team in the same way St. Johnstone signed matty Kennedy while he was humming and rrrrring.

Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Matthews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matthews    Matthews EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 3:18 pm

Needs to get a keeper in a bit sharpo with the season nearly on top of us..if he can’t get Matthews
What’s he doing lately that Kelle Roos we had on loan
He wernt bad either ...del boy get on the old dog & bone son a bit lively
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Matthews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matthews    Matthews EmptySat Jul 28, 2018 8:02 am

Derek in todays Erald.

Plymouth Live understands that Argyle have approached Norwich City about resigning Remi Matthews on loan again.
Matthews had two successful loan spells with the Pilgrims last term, making 26 League One appearances.
However, when it was put to Adams that Matthews could be an option for him now he said: “No, I don’t see him being a possibility.”
Burgoyne broke his ankle when his studs got stuck in the grass at the start of a training session last Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Matthews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matthews    Matthews EmptySat Jul 28, 2018 8:17 am

Plymouth Live understands that Argyle have approached Norwich City about resigning Remi Matthews on loan again.

Matthews had two successful loan spells with the Pilgrims last term, making 26 League One appearances.

However, when it was put to Adams that Matthews could be an option for him now he said: “No, I don’t see him being a possibility.”
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Matthews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matthews    Matthews EmptySat Jul 28, 2018 9:06 am

Who’s he play for/what’s he up to That Kelle Roos we had on loan he wernt to bad maybe he could be a option for Del Boy but needs to get his finger out lively on this one the season practically here
Back to top Go down

Matthews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matthews    Matthews EmptySat Jul 28, 2018 9:49 am

RegGreen wrote:
Who’s he play for/what’s he up to That Kelle Roos we had on loan he wernt to bad maybe he could be a option for Del Boy but needs to get his finger out lively on this one the season practically here

he is 2nd choice at Derby atm so he wont be going anywhere.

Del will probably sign another U23 reserve keeper that once made an England squad at u15. The fact he hasn't terminated Harry's loan despite him being out till after Christmas says alot.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Matthews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matthews    Matthews EmptySun Jul 29, 2018 1:11 pm

He was an unused sub yesterday. Charlton 1- 0 Norwich
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Matthews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matthews    Matthews EmptySun Jul 29, 2018 1:19 pm

Can't see us signing anyone especially Mathews unless we have another goalie injury then well get an emergency loan.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Matthews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matthews    Matthews EmptySun Jul 29, 2018 2:13 pm

His gotta get a keeper in surely
Cant go all season with Letheren & the youngster cooper surely not
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Matthews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matthews    Matthews EmptySun Jul 29, 2018 5:15 pm

I wish I had your faith Reg.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Matthews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matthews    Matthews EmptySun Jul 29, 2018 5:20 pm

I'm sure there is a keeper in the Luxembourg 10th tier who let in a 102 goals last season, that would be right for Del Boys budget and Austerity Akkeron Argo.
Back to top Go down

Matthews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matthews    Matthews EmptySun Jul 29, 2018 8:03 pm

Window closes August 9th so he hasnt got long to find a keeper and the one more player del mention before.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Matthews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matthews    Matthews EmptySun Jul 29, 2018 8:15 pm

I think that one player he was gunna get in was a striker as he was worried about Taylor’s two dodgie ankles not making the start of the season can’t see him getting a striker & a Keeper now so what’s the gamble gunna be Del Boy striker & a Keeper ?????
I really hope a keeper
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Matthews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matthews    Matthews EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 3:59 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I wish I had your faith Reg.
Matt Macey from Arsenal season long loan Earweg he had to get a keeper would have been absolute madness if he didn’t
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Matthews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matthews    Matthews EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 4:35 pm

True. I'm glad we have got one in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Matthews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matthews    Matthews Empty

Back to top Go down

Matthews