Earwegoagain
Greenskin
Flat_Track_Bully
akagreengull
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PRE - SEASON  exciting games & stuff Empty
PostSubject: PRE - SEASON exciting games & stuff   PRE - SEASON  exciting games & stuff EmptyThu May 10, 2018 5:04 pm

PARKWAY 7th 3pm
TORPOINT 10th 3pm
CALLINGTON 11th 7.30pm
HELSTON 14th 3pm
TAVVY 14th 3pm
TORQUAY 17th 7.30pm
BIDEFORD (sponsored by Capt Wankspasm) 18th 7.30pm
YEOVIL 21st 3pm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRE - SEASON exciting games & stuff   PRE - SEASON  exciting games & stuff EmptyThu May 10, 2018 5:17 pm

I know Pre season is about building up fitness and working on preparations for the coming season but come on! thats an Utter shit line up of games. What is the squad going to learn from sticking 12 past bideford and parkway really?

Should have had a few testing games so del can see any strengths and weaknesses. This stinks of Brent not  paying for an away trip to an championship team or even league 2 at worst. Have the bucket rattlers been assembled to pay for the holland trip yet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRE - SEASON exciting games & stuff   PRE - SEASON  exciting games & stuff EmptyThu May 10, 2018 5:35 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
PARKWAY  7th 3pm
TORPOINT 10th  3pm
CALLINGTON 11th 7.30pm
HELSTON  14th  3pm
TAVVY       14th  3pm
TORQUAY   17th  7.30pm
BIDEFORD (sponsored by Capt Wankspasm) 18th  7.30pm
YEOVIL    21st  3pm

Pre-season world tour! FFS.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: PRE - SEASON exciting games & stuff   PRE - SEASON  exciting games & stuff EmptyThu May 10, 2018 5:40 pm

Top class pre season for a top top club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRE - SEASON exciting games & stuff   PRE - SEASON  exciting games & stuff EmptyThu May 10, 2018 5:45 pm

It's all about local community apparently. Play all the local clubs pre-season, but then not bother to turn up when the official local season starts. It's embarrassing, it's not very nice.
Pre season friendlies used to be all about big and small mixing it in a celebration of high Summer and togetherness. I remember a good quote from Warnock as Argyle manager when Chelsea came to town. Manchester Mousehole, Arsenal Truro ( played in that one ). No chance of the banker boys entertaining such an idea. Cold hard fiscal rools ..... you pay, I take. I can't afford premier hotel bills and backroom staff employed throughout the Summer........ cue Brent's apologist, Adams, telling us how the Dutch thing is where it's at. No point in circus games against the elite in Del's head. da da da da. Save me from utilitarian calvinist miseries.( does that qualify as "political" Graiser ? LOL )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRE - SEASON exciting games & stuff   PRE - SEASON  exciting games & stuff EmptyThu May 10, 2018 6:21 pm

I'm guessing Warnock will be bringing the giants of the Premier nonsense Cardiff down for a run around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRE - SEASON exciting games & stuff   PRE - SEASON  exciting games & stuff EmptyThu May 10, 2018 6:34 pm

Maybe. Wouldn't cost Brenty much, in fact Warnock would probably foot the bill. I have a bit of time for him. Not everyone's cup of tea of course. He has to be just about the most successful non premier manager in football league history by now.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: PRE - SEASON exciting games & stuff   PRE - SEASON  exciting games & stuff EmptyThu May 10, 2018 6:37 pm

Pretty poor if they're not arranging any more than 1 game against professional opposition. There's an overseas training camp between 22 and 28th, so perhaps there'll be some professional opposition during that (although didn't last year's overseas tour get cancelled)?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: PRE - SEASON exciting games & stuff   PRE - SEASON  exciting games & stuff EmptyThu May 10, 2018 6:41 pm

beesrus wrote:
It's all about local community apparently. Play all the local clubs pre-season, but then not bother to turn up when the official local season starts. It's embarrassing, it's not very nice.
Pre season friendlies used to be all about big and small mixing it in a celebration of high Summer and togetherness. I remember a good quote from Warnock as Argyle manager when Chelsea came to town. Manchester Mousehole, Arsenal Truro ( played in that one ). No chance of the banker boys entertaining such an idea. Cold hard fiscal rools ..... you pay, I take. I can't afford premier hotel bills and backroom staff employed throughout the Summer........ cue Brent's apologist, Adams, telling us how the Dutch thing is where it's at. No point in circus games against the elite in Del's head. da da da da. Save me from utilitarian calvinist miseries.( does that qualify as "political" Graiser ? LOL )

Must admit to having some sympathy with Graiser sometimes when it comes to trying to fathom what the fecking hell you're banging on about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRE - SEASON exciting games & stuff   PRE - SEASON  exciting games & stuff EmptyThu May 10, 2018 6:50 pm

too many big words for me .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRE - SEASON exciting games & stuff   PRE - SEASON  exciting games & stuff EmptyThu May 10, 2018 6:55 pm

Greenskin wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Must admit to having some sympathy with Graiser sometimes when it comes to trying to fathom what the fecking hell you're banging on about.

I hope the two of you will be very happy.
Is it not so difficult to understand how the culture of the game, and the associated industry, has changed over the last 30 years ? Big Brit clubs are more likely to do a Chinese tour these days, than rock up at Home Park pre-season. The Manchester insult to the FA Cup was a disaster in my opinion, as they pootled off the South America, but there you go, brands need feeding.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: PRE - SEASON exciting games & stuff   PRE - SEASON  exciting games & stuff EmptyThu May 10, 2018 8:15 pm

beesrus wrote:
Maybe. Wouldn't cost Brenty much, in fact Warnock would probably foot the bill. I have a bit of time for him. Not everyone's cup of tea of course. He has to be just about the most successful non premier manager in football league history by now.

:lol! Warnock foot the bill? He's bought his teams to loads of local southwest clubs over the years and he takes half the gate money, loves a bit of folding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRE - SEASON exciting games & stuff   PRE - SEASON  exciting games & stuff EmptyThu May 10, 2018 8:18 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
Pretty poor if they're not arranging any more than 1 game against professional opposition. There's an overseas training camp between 22 and 28th, so perhaps there'll be some professional opposition during that (although didn't last year's overseas tour get cancelled)?

they ruled that out already they arent playing any dutch teams but german ones.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: PRE - SEASON exciting games & stuff   PRE - SEASON  exciting games & stuff EmptyThu May 10, 2018 8:29 pm

beesrus wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
beesrus wrote:

I hope the two of you will be very happy.
Is it not so difficult to understand how the culture of the game, and the associated industry, has changed over the last 30 years ? Big Brit clubs are more likely to do a Chinese tour these days, than rock up at Home Park pre-season. The Manchester insult to the FA Cup was a disaster in my opinion, as they pootled off the South America, but there you go, brands need feeding.

No, what you've written in this post isn't difficult to understand and in fact I agree with every word of it. I'm just at a lost whereby the fact that premier league clubs go on lucrative overseas tours rather than come to provincial clubs like Argyle can somehow be attributed to Adams being a Calvinist or an apologist. The last premier league clubs that I remember coming to HP were Pompey and Southampton-the latter was almost certainly connected with the terms of Sturrocks departure which was 14 years ago and a fair few managers have come and gone since Adams took the reins, so presumably Holloway, Sturrock, Reid, Fletcher and Sheridan were Calvinists and apologists as well? scratch
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PRE - SEASON exciting games & stuff   PRE - SEASON  exciting games & stuff EmptyThu May 10, 2018 11:01 pm

Angry wrote:
Flat_Track_Bully wrote:

Any news where in Germany?

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: PRE - SEASON exciting games & stuff   PRE - SEASON  exciting games & stuff EmptyFri May 11, 2018 5:42 am

seadog wrote:
Angry wrote:
Flat_Track_Bully wrote:

What do you think ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRE - SEASON exciting games & stuff   PRE - SEASON  exciting games & stuff EmptyFri May 11, 2018 6:51 am

Greenskin wrote:

No, what you've written in this post isn't difficult to understand and in fact I agree with every word of it. I'm just at a lost whereby the fact that premier league clubs go on lucrative overseas tours rather than come to provincial clubs like Argyle can somehow be attributed to Adams being a Calvinist or an apologist. The last premier league clubs that I remember coming to HP were Pompey and Southampton-the latter was almost certainly connected with the terms of Sturrocks departure which was 14 years ago and a fair few managers have come and gone since Adams took the reins, so presumably Holloway, Sturrock, Reid, Fletcher and Sheridan were Calvinists and apologists as well? scratch

Of course I'm not laying the current premier globetrotting fashion down to Adams' dour character. I'm just remarking he probably would actually say, if asked, that he didn't want big clubs pulling up at Home Park disrupting his pre-season preparation. A bit of pre-season glamour and fun, a bit of spectacle, a little present for the fans ? Nah, I don't think the crazy idea of spectator entertainment would ever enter his head. Probably too busy honing his system and micromanaging his budget, sitting up until the wee hours, tuning his spreadsheet.

And under Brent's unfortunate reign (rain ?), Argyle rarely go more than a stone's throw for their friendlies, with cost being the prime motivation. It's been quite noticeable. They even go for their annual Dutch holiday, and play next to no one. It's more a regular boot camp set in stone, the same as the annual Winter sun break. It all sounds good, but in truth these days, quick European "package holidays " are probably cheaper than in Blighty, especially after the fans have paid the bulk of the cost.  It all feels rather dull and utilitarian, very Brent, very Adams. The two of them are morphing into one soul. Where have all the Big Mals gone ? Sad
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: PRE - SEASON exciting games & stuff   PRE - SEASON  exciting games & stuff EmptyFri May 11, 2018 8:46 am

beesrus wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Of course I'm not laying the current premier globetrotting fashion down to Adams' dour character. I'm just remarking he probably would actually say, if asked, that he didn't want big clubs pulling up at Home Park disrupting his pre-season preparation. A bit of pre-season glamour and fun, a bit of spectacle, a little present for the fans ? Nah, I don't think the crazy idea of spectator entertainment would ever enter his head. Probably too busy honing his system and micromanaging his budget, sitting up until the wee hours, tuning his spreadsheet.

And under Brent's unfortunate reign (rain ?), Argyle rarely go more than a stone's throw for their friendlies, with cost being the prime motivation. It's been quite noticeable. They even go for their annual Dutch holiday, and play next to no one. It's more a regular boot camp set in stone, the same as the annual Winter sun break. It all sounds good, but in truth these days, quick European "package holidays " are probably cheaper than in Blighty, especially after the fans have paid the bulk of the cost.  It all feels rather dull and utilitarian, very Brent, very Adams. The two of them are morphing into one soul. Where have all the Big Mals gone ? Sad

I don't know why they don't try Maker camp?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRE - SEASON exciting games & stuff   PRE - SEASON  exciting games & stuff EmptyFri May 11, 2018 9:03 am

beesrus wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

I'm really scratching my head at that.

Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: PRE - SEASON exciting games & stuff   PRE - SEASON  exciting games & stuff EmptyFri May 11, 2018 9:40 am

The globe trotting of the Premier clubs has sod all to do with the coaching staff. The money men tell them where they are playing and the coaching staff have to plan their pre season round the arrangements. The three pre seasons I was involved in were all arranged according to the manager's wishes. OK we struck lucky with the Real Madrid game but if that didn't happen there was a host of other UK and European teams top level sides all in the vicinity. Pre season is all about fitness, patterns and bonding. If the arrangements for Argyle this year are the manager's and not forced by external pressures then so be it. And by the way, the Parkway game will be a cracker!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRE - SEASON exciting games & stuff   PRE - SEASON  exciting games & stuff EmptyFri May 11, 2018 10:17 am

Damon, will there be a pint & a pasty deal ?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: PRE - SEASON exciting games & stuff   PRE - SEASON  exciting games & stuff EmptyFri May 11, 2018 4:25 pm

Will Rick pineapple & Dave the cucumber or what ever there bloody names are be singing the janner song in a wankfest type thingy ??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRE - SEASON exciting games & stuff   PRE - SEASON  exciting games & stuff EmptyFri May 11, 2018 6:50 pm

seadog wrote:
Angry wrote:
Flat_Track_Bully wrote:

not yet you know the club they'll leave it till the last minute to find any club.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: PRE - SEASON exciting games & stuff   PRE - SEASON  exciting games & stuff EmptyFri May 11, 2018 6:59 pm

Will the Crap Shack dwellers be asked to fund the Dutch trip again ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRE - SEASON exciting games & stuff   PRE - SEASON  exciting games & stuff EmptyFri May 11, 2018 7:13 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Will the Crap Shack dwellers be asked to fund the Dutch trip again ?

Im shocked they havent been asked already.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PRE - SEASON exciting games & stuff   PRE - SEASON  exciting games & stuff Empty

Back to top Go down

PRE - SEASON exciting games & stuff
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next