Greenskin
Czarcasm
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Shrews reject joins  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 6:16 pm

green_genie wrote:
We're back in Sturrock Mk II arena again looking for wee gems from the permanently injured, tainted and bad attitudes.

Some will work out, some won't.

Question is, why are we looking here when a 55% turnover budget should allow less gambling, even before unbudgeted windfalls
Brent/akercon, has trousered two million quid recently and yet Adams is forced to go through the Torquay southend shrewsbury dustbins, looking for scraps, is this Green Si Hallets, idea of going up through the gears?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 6:16 pm

zyph wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Go back to sleep Zyph

Honestly is that the best you can do
.....didn't you realize that some of us when getting older need less sleep...about 5 or 5.5 hours a night will do me.

would you like me to try?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 6:22 pm

Graiser wrote:
Don't understand this wish to know the length of contracts

I bet you've lived a life of secure employment. You sound the sort. Yet, you don't wish it for others.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 6:26 pm

beesrus wrote:
Graiser wrote:

I bet you've lived a life of secure employment. You sound the sort. Yet, you don't wish it for others.
G Spot, loves to tug his forelock and leave it all up to Master Jimmy to decide Laughing Laughing jocolor
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 6:31 pm

It seems no signing is too shit for the brentophiles. Brent going for the big mid-table push.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 6:37 pm

beesrus wrote:
Graiser wrote:

The contract between employee and employer is confidential. It is an offence under the DPA to share that sort of info without the approval of the employee. How, from one statement, can you assess someone as living a life of secure employment? Beats me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 6:40 pm

It's easy, one just has to listen to the mood music emanating. Armed forces would be my guess for you and your mate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 6:41 pm

Antoni Sarcevic is not someone i know much about so im willing to see how he does.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 6:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sarcevic playing for Fleetwood Town in 2013 - Photo Source: Wiki

A former youth player with Manchester City (2000–2008), who then went on to play for Woodley Sports (2008-10). He then moved to Crewe Alexandra, where he scored one in 12 (2010-11), before moving  to Chester, on loan at first (2011-13). Between 2013–2016 he played for Fleetwood, eventually going to Shrewsbury in 2016, where he played 10.

His goal record for Chester was 15 in 60 (2011-13) and for Fleetwood it was 18 in 118 (2013-16). Scored a goal for England C in 2013.

Youtube Footage

He could add something to the squad I suppose, if he can rekindle his mojo.

LINK

Last edited by VillageGreen on Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:50 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 7:09 pm

Decent amount of League 1 experience, including some games this season. On paper he looks like a decent signing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 7:09 pm

beesrus wrote:
Graiser wrote:

What are you on ? I don't need to know the length of any players contract nor they mine.
I don't recall reading that Derek or Brent got any player in headlock forcing them to sign a contract.
These players have agents looking after them, so if they choose to sign for 6 months or 6 years, they choose to do it and good luck to them whatever they sign up for.
My sort as you so eloquently put it, has indeed worked for over 50 years and worked fecking hard at it as well, if you see that as an issue then I pity you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 7:17 pm

beesrus wrote:
It's easy, one just has to listen to the mood music emanating. Armed forces would be my guess for you and your mate.

Bleddy Hell you don't half write some crap.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 7:38 pm

beesrus wrote:

Forces for Tiger, Demport Dockyard or BR for Graiser at a guess Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 7:55 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Yep, about right, and I'm happy for them. All workers should have security of employment at least according to the industry norm that they are in. That's 2 years + in pro football.
What a shame some who benefit from such security don't see the common sense of allowing it for others. Apparently the logic goes you can't trust these people if you put 2 years on their deal. Madness, and 12 months is an insult to skilled employees. It's the sort of deal you give to a yoof YTS player, who's just had his boots donated by pasoti.
Employees are human and no wonder the wheels came off last year when no one was even being given a promise of a deal for the year ahead just a couple of months before the end of their contract. Shameful..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 8:12 pm

His contract is probably the same as the others 1 year with the option of a futher 1 year added on automatically. or in his case 6 months with a year added on if required.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 9:38 pm

beesrus wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Yep, about right, and I'm happy for them. All workers should have security of employment at least according to the industry norm that they are in. That's 2 years + in pro football.
What a shame some who benefit from such security don't see the common sense of allowing it for others. Apparently the logic goes you can't trust these people if you put 2 years on their deal. Madness, and 12 months is an insult to skilled employees. It's the sort of deal you give to a yoof YTS player, who's just had his boots donated by pasoti.
Employees are human and no wonder the wheels came off last year when no one was even being given a promise of a deal for the year ahead just a couple of months before the end of their contract. Shameful..

If you feel that strongly about T&C's why not take your high moral stance to Mike Ashley and his ilk who dish out zero hours contracts, now that's what I call shameful.
Offer a player a contract, his agent negotiates, the player accepts or moves on, no gun at his head, no big deal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 9:38 pm

beesrus wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
beesrus wrote:

If you feel that strongly about T&C's why not take your high moral stance to Mike Ashley and his ilk who dish out zero hours contracts, now that's what I call shameful.
Offer a player a contract, his agent negotiates, the player accepts or moves on, no gun at his head, no big deal.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 9:39 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
beesrus wrote:

BR ? I may know him affraid
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 9:58 pm

tigertony wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Graiser wrote:

The contract between employee and employer is confidential. It is an offence under the DPA to share that sort of info without the approval of the employee. How, from one statement, can you assess someone as living a life of secure employment? Beats me.

The Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) provides that personal data must not be processed unless at least one of the conditions in Schedule 2 of the DPA is met. The Schedule 2 conditions which are most likely to apply in an employment context include:
◾where the data subject has given his or her consent to processing;
◾where processing is necessary for the performance of the employment contract;
◾where processing is necessary for compliance with any legal obligation (other than an obligation imposed by contract); and
◾where processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject.

Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 10:34 pm

PatDunne wrote:
tigertony wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Graiser wrote:

The Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) provides that personal data must not be processed unless at least one of the conditions in Schedule 2 of the DPA is met. The Schedule 2 conditions which are most likely to apply in an employment context include:
where the data subject has given his or her consent to processing;
◾where processing is necessary for the performance of the employment contract;
◾where processing is necessary for compliance with any legal obligation (other than an obligation imposed by contract); and
◾where processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject.

Thank you for confirming my comment. The other 3 are not valid in this case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 6:18 am

The employees rights under DPA are completely irrelevant in this case. It's in the players interest for the length of contract to be known and it's in the employers interest for it not be known, for the simple reason if he turns out to be any good he is a stronger bargaining position to ask for money.

Anyway you can almost bet your house on the fact that he's given 6 months. If that.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 2:45 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
Decent amount of League 1 experience, including some games this season. On paper he looks like a decent signing.

In Derek we trust!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 5:26 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
Hope the fella does well..but you play football on grass not on paper
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 7:37 pm

beesrus wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Where did that come from?
Nobody:
- makes a person apply for a job
- stops a person reading the small print about contract, pensions, holidays etc
- makes someone accept a job
- makes someone stay in a job
Personal choice! But, at the end of the day, no job is secure. A longer contract just means that should your job go then you should be in line for more redundancy pay.
You have no idea at all about how secure my job is, Graisers job is or even Freathy's job. No idea at all.
Finally - me and armed forces. Would you trust me with a gun, missile or a nuke? Stay off the pop Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shrews reject joins
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2