Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.

Go down 
+48
Big Robby
Earwegoagain
akagreengull
downthetrack
Lord Melbury
Flat_Track_Bully
green_genie
Cornish Rebel
PatDunne
zyph
Cerbera
Rickler
Cousin Jack
Hoof Hearted
devonportlad
Sturtz
Geezer
Hugh Midde
pepsipete
lawnmowerman
Motorservices
mouldyoldgoat
shonbo
Rollo Tomasi
Elias
jabba the gut ecfc
Chemical Ali
Coxside_Green
argyl3
tigertony
harvetheslayer
Dane
VillageGreen
Dick Trickle
Freathy
Foxy
Sir Francis Drake
seadog
Hitch
Charlie Wood
Les Miserable
Tgwu
AstiSpumante
MikeWN
Lord Tisdale
Greenskin
Czarcasm
sufferedsince 68
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 18 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 6:27 pm

Graiser wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
As an aside, is there a bigger complete and utter knob jockey in football, than Darragh McAntony?

Fecking Hell is your memory that short , how about Gareth fecking Ainsworth for the "knob jockey" title!

Ainsworth ain't in the same league as McAnthony. An example...

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/posh-chairman-delivers-remarkable-rant-at-his-players-1-6514511
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 18 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 6:30 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
I think the future for ECFC is brighter than that for Argyle in the Medium term at least, they have a better youth policy( one that actually produces good first team or better players) New stand going up, not reliant on short term loans to fill the squad ( exeter have very few) plus Exeter is a prosperous city and they dont have the Brent Factor, on balance Exeter's future looks far better to me.

As i went through the above page i was thinking of a witty reply to some of the somewhat jealous replies, and then i saw your reply Sufferedsince, thats a very fair and honest reply, we have had a good 12months, esp the pair of youth players going for over 2 million, the FA Cup run was a welcome boost to the bank and the new stand(s) will tidy the ground up nicely, but also keeping in our attendance figures (pointless having 25K but only 4k turning up ala Darlington)

Will be sink back to non league? no im sure we wont, the reason we ended up there was down to R&L, we arent a rich club (and never will be) but if we continue to unearth gems like Matt and Tom then we wont go far wrong.

From what ive seen and heard we have got around 400K, which will rise on games played and if Posh go up, there is also a 25% sell on, so the deal could be worth up to a million, which is good business for a small lg2 club, what the money goes on i have no idea, hopefully it will be to sign Stockley on a 2yr deal, or to get the youth upto level 2 (more money from the FA and player sales) which would make us the best setup apart from a handful of Prem clubs, which in turn can only benefit the area
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 18 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 6:39 pm

Motorservices wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
I think the future for ECFC is brighter than that for Argyle in the Medium term at least, they have a better youth policy( one that actually produces good first team or better players) New stand going up, not reliant on short term loans to fill the squad ( exeter have very few) plus Exeter is a prosperous city and they dont have the Brent Factor, on balance Exeter's future looks far better to me.

As i went through the above page i was thinking of a witty reply to some of the somewhat jealous replies, and then i saw your reply Sufferedsince, thats a very fair and honest reply, we have had a good 12months, esp the pair of youth players going for over 2 million, the FA Cup run was a welcome boost to the bank and the new stand(s) will tidy the ground up nicely, but also keeping in our attendance figures (pointless having 25K but only 4k turning up ala Darlington)

Will be sink back to non league? no im sure we wont, the reason we ended up there was down to R&L, we arent a rich club (and never will be) but if we continue to unearth gems like Matt and Tom then we wont go far wrong.

From what ive seen and heard we have got around 400K, which will rise on games played and if Posh go up, there is also a 25% sell on, so the deal could be worth up to a million, which is good business for a small lg2 club, what the money goes on i have no idea, hopefully it will be to sign Stockley on a 2yr deal, or to get the youth upto level 2 (more money from the FA and player sales) which would make us the best setup apart from a handful of Prem clubs, which in turn can only benefit the area
Motor, i think the youth policy at exeter is excellent and produces players which is what its all about, Argyle seem happy to win pointless league titles which mean nothing. If Exeter improve the stadium then the crowds will increase, people want decent service and facilities its as simple as that, pity no one at Argyle gives a fvck about the fans, just their money it would seem.
Back to top Go down
Foxy

Foxy

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 18 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 6:44 pm

What's going on with all the niceties Cool
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 18 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 7:24 pm

Foxy wrote:

Sufferedsince was complimentary of ECFC and its good to read positive comments about us.

Im not sure our gates would increase massively, maybe have gates of around 6k if we were doing well in lg1, with a couple of full houses thrown in.

The Youth setup is something we should be proud of though, yes we are a selling club, but now we have a bit of a run of youth players coming through we should keep the wolf from the door
Back to top Go down
Foxy

Foxy

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 18 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 7:38 pm

Motorservices wrote:
Foxy wrote:

Sufferedsince was complimentary of ECFC and its good to read positive comments about us.

Im not sure our gates would increase massively, maybe have gates of around 6k if we were doing well in lg1, with a couple of full houses thrown in.

The Youth setup is something we should be proud of though, yes we are a selling club, but now we have a bit of a run of youth players coming through we should keep the wolf from the door

I know he was complimentary about us, that's not normal bud, don't let your guard down after all he's argyle fishing
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 18 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 8:42 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
As an aside, is there a bigger complete and utter knob jockey in football, than Darragh McAntony?

I would love to agree with you Czarky but he runs a club which consistently polishes up lower league nuggets and sells them on for big bucks while competing at a higher level than you Muffers despite being based in a comparatively tiny town.

Happy to dislike the guy for all manner of reasons but have to have a modicum of grudging respect for the way he runs the club.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 18 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 9:40 pm

Morecombe goalie equalises against Pompey lol 1-1FT
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 18 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 9:58 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

That wanker cost me £387 (one pound bet) got the other 9 right
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 18 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 9:59 pm

GEDDON Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 18 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 10:05 pm

Motorservices wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

That wanker cost me £387 (one pound bet) got the other 9 right

bom cherry
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 18 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 10:22 pm

ahh, i see why you lot are happy, they would have been two points closer to ruining the open bus tour that you lot have been planning since September
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 18 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 12:40 am

What would you need any more money for anyway you greedy coont?
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 18 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 6:32 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:

you can never have to much tongue
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 18 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:

The purchase of next years div2 season ticket.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 18 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 12:30 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

I do like to see confidence but just think on, while you are slipping toward that 4th spot we have got our eyes firmly fixed on 7th, you are either very brave, or very stupid.
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 18 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 7:56 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

I do like to see confidence but just think on, while you are slipping toward that 4th spot we have got our eyes firmly fixed on 7th, you are either very brave, or very stupid.

echo this Lord Tisdale
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 18 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 4:59 pm

I see the lad Nicholls got the winner for his new club today.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 18 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 6:47 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Yep, i celebrated the goal when it came through, the boy will get goals at league one level if he gets the service, I still think the boy you tried to nick from us, Wheeler, is a more finished article.
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 18 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 6:53 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

if he can keep that up that would be great, can see us making a packet from the sell on clause
Back to top Go down
Sturtz

Sturtz

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 18 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 8:50 pm

Just imagine what Brent would do with all the money that Exeter have raked in over the last couple of months? Probably buy another hotel!

...and we've still got Wheeler, got to be worth over a million of anybodies money. Shame Argyle didn't come in with a genuine offer instead of trying to sneak him away for nothing, they could have had a quality player there.

Got to love the way Wheels went public on the whole shadey deal, City legend!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 18 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 8:51 pm

Sleep
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 18 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 8:59 pm

Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 18 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 9:17 pm

Sleep feck me are we talking about a wheeleronaldo or just some other wannabe from excretia
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 18 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 10:14 pm

Graiser wrote:
Sleep feck me are we talking about a wheeleronaldo or just some other wannabe from excretia

good enough for your mob to try and get him to sign for feck all, funny that he not only said NO but also took the piss in the papers, he knows that Devon is Red
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.
Page 18 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 36  Next