swampy
seadog
Dougie
mouldyoldgoat
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

RIP Tynans Jockstrip Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 3:06 pm

I was totally unaware of the circumstances behind the setting up of ATD. I only became aware of the site following numerous mentions by IJN, or Ian Newell as he now posts on PASOTI, to show that this site is secretive and PASOTI is open and has nothing to hide! I still have a PASOTI account and haven't been banned yet, despite me posting reservations about Ridsdale and questioning Brent's motives, which is met with a barrage of abuse.

Following the Tony Wrathall incident, I posted on PASOTI my concerns about Mr Newell advertising the Devon Furniture Company openly, and even including a link to their website, and basically taking the piss out of Mr Newell and the fact that my posts were moved to Junior Pasoti, yet his and any others said furniture company were left as they were. I received several e-mails "checking" my e-mail address and basically warning me about my behaviour.

To my surprise I also received a PM from Ian Newell naming the person who actually did invite Tony Wrathall to HP that day, but he said he did not want to post it on the main PASOTI board. I was suspicious of why he would tell me, who he doesn't know and knows that I am not one of the gang on PASOTI and oppose many of their views. I got the impression that Ian wanted me to "out" the person on here, so I have never mentioned it.

Having seen the comments Frank made about sending a PM and never receiving a response and subsequently having his account de-activated, and the story behind the setting up of ATD,I feel more and more that I don't want anything to do with the PASOTI site. I'm still not sure why Ian Newell would give me the name of the sponsor who invited Wrathall to HP, and I think it shows that there are a select band on PASOTI that seem to have information on tap, and I can't see how this is healthy. I don't know if it really makes any difference, but if anybody does want the details, send me a PM and I will show you the PM sent to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:47 pm

greenjock wrote:
I was totally unaware of the circumstances behind the setting up of ATD. I only became aware of the site following numerous mentions by IJN, or Ian Newell as he now posts on PASOTI, to show that this site is secretive and PASOTI is open and has nothing to hide! I still have a PASOTI account and haven't been banned yet, despite me posting reservations about Ridsdale and questioning Brent's motives, which is met with a barrage of abuse.

Following the Tony Wrathall incident, I posted on PASOTI my concerns about Mr Newell advertising the Devon Furniture Company openly, and even including a link to their website, and basically taking the piss out of Mr Newell and the fact that my posts were moved to Junior Pasoti, yet his and any others said furniture company were left as they were. I received several e-mails "checking" my e-mail address and basically warning me about my behaviour.

To my surprise I also received a PM from Ian Newell naming the person who actually did invite Tony Wrathall to HP that day, but he said he did not want to post it on the main PASOTI board. I was suspicious of why he would tell me, who he doesn't know and knows that I am not one of the gang on PASOTI and oppose many of their views. I got the impression that Ian wanted me to "out" the person on here, so I have never mentioned it.

Having seen the comments Frank made about sending a PM and never receiving a response and subsequently having his account de-activated, and the story behind the setting up of ATD,I feel more and more that I don't want anything to do with the PASOTI site. I'm still not sure why Ian Newell would give me the name of the sponsor who invited Wrathall to HP, and I think it shows that there are a select band on PASOTI that seem to have information on tap, and I can't see how this is healthy. I don't know if it really makes any difference, but if anybody does want the details, send me a PM and I will show you the PM sent to me.

post it Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 6:03 pm

Phenom wrote:
greenjock wrote:

post it Wink

Don't post it.

If it's a set-up - for example trying to get you to do his dirty work - then step back from the trap.

If he was sharing a private message then to post it would be a breach of trust. To do otherwise would be to play one of the double-dealing games that we complain about.

After all, Wrathall was one man. That's all. He has shown himself up for the rhino-skinned prat that he is by stepping out onto the pitch. Unless the person who, so to speak, put him out there is someone as senior as Brent or Mr President (and in no way am I suggesting it was either of those) then all there is to gain is tittle-tattle. I'm bothered that IJN professes to know who did the dirty deed and still does nothing about it himself. So what's new?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 6:20 pm

funny man wrote:
Phenom wrote:
greenjock wrote:

post it Wink

Don't post it.

If it's a set-up - for example trying to get you to do his dirty work - then step back from the trap.

If he was sharing a private message then to post it would be a breach of trust. To do otherwise would be to play one of the double-dealing games that we complain about.

After all, Wrathall was one man. That's all. He has shown himself up for the rhino-skinned prat that he is by stepping out onto the pitch. Unless the person who, so to speak, put him out there is someone as senior as Brent or Mr President (and in no way am I suggesting it was either of those) then all there is to gain is tittle-tattle. I'm bothered that IJN professes to know who did the dirty deed and still does nothing about it himself. So what's new?

Agree - don't post it. Posting it would only fuel the 'vile scum' allegations certain individuals love to level at this site. Especially since, as FM points out, they seem to have decided to do nothing about it themselves.

I see the allegation that discussions about this have cost the club £100,000 in sponsorship has been made again today. If these individuals are so bothered by a few posts on an internet messageboard, why didn't they take note of the largely negative response to the president's invite to Wrathall and - whether or not they knew in advance he was going to be present - make sure he didn't go on the pitch to represent them?

Last edited by Peggy on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 6:29 pm

Don't post it Greenjock.
What you should post is the information that he pm'ed you with the name. Ask why he wouldn't do it himself. It sounds to me that it was a classic mis-information ploy. He wanted to embarrass you off the forum and you to cop the p****i 'dogs of war' abuse over outing the wrong person.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 6:35 pm

Don't post it mate. There is no "story" in the name and I doubt that many people will of heard of him.

The real story here is the stupidity of Wrathall. Oh and the cover up that followed.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 6:46 pm

Peggy wrote:
funny man wrote:
Phenom wrote:
greenjock wrote:

post it Wink

Don't post it.

Agree - don't post it. Posting it would only fule the 'vile scum' allegations certain individuals love to level at this site. Especially since, as FM points out, they seem to have decided to do nothing about it themselves.

I see the allegation that discussions about this have cost the club £100,000 in sponsorship has been made again today. If these individuals are so bothered by a few posts on an internet messageboard, why didn't they take note of the largely negative response to the president's invite to Wrathall and - whether or not they knew in advance he was going to be present - make sure he didn't go on the pitch to represent them?

The reluctance to post it from those who knew seems even more staggering now. It could have been nipped in the bud and saved the club 100k (seems a figure on the high side to me. It must be over a good number of seasons). The thread was allowed to rumble on to the point were a few Internet posters are being blamed for losing the club money. Stuff and nonsense. It would have been presidential for someone to intervene tell the truth and have done with it.

As it is we have a leading CPer tossing titbits via PMs (to how many people?). The same person who said they wouldn't share what he knew but of course uses inside info to shout down others.

Laying blame at a tiny tiny tiny minority of a website that has a membership that doesnt represent more than 10% of Argyle supporters is totally ludicrous.

Mr Brent should be very careful about who he allows to represent the fans. At the moment I come to the point of thinking that fans reps are unnecessary if it's going to be some kind of xfactor popularity contest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 6:48 pm

I would't post it either, but it's interesting that Ian wants to spread gossip.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 7:26 pm

This is probably the best thread on ATD. A real eye opener. I've learnt loads.

I had no idea that Ian Newell was as poisonous as that. I have called him many things in the past, none of which I ever want to retract, nor do I want to meet him. What a nasty piece of work. I know he is vile on Exeweb to City fans, banter is fine, but he is plain nasty. When he posts on Pasoti, it's as though he thinks himself as the new Messiah. Ian, I know you read ATD, do us all a favour and keep your vile comments to Pasoti, where no-one needs to read them.

Moving along, answer me this, who's website is this and how is it funded? I don't want to step on any toes, but this could be a true alternative to Pasoti if more people knew about it. I will look into some sponsorship next week when I'm properly back at work, how else can I help?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 7:28 pm

Well just to hammer the final nail in my PASOTI coffin, I've posted the Sturtz thread that keeps referring to Porkie. Just done it so who wants to run a sweepstake about how long it lasts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 7:30 pm

And within seconds its had 33 views and is now on Junior Pasoti
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 7:30 pm

Bet it's gone before I even manage to log on!

Yup, in Junior Pasoti already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 7:31 pm

Now in Terraces. Called funny but depressing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 7:32 pm

Perhaps we should post loads of links referring to it on the main Pasoti board?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 7:33 pm

57 views and counting!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Last count was 85 views before it was removed.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 7:50 pm

Posting it would only lead vilification of yourself and ATD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 7:54 pm

Funny that there are no mods on duty to answer my question about where it has gone, yet it was moved pretty damn quickly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 7:59 pm

And my PASOTI account has now gone tongue
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 8:31 pm

For linking to libellous websityes no less?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 8:53 pm

swampy wrote:

Are you saying that is why Jock's been closed down? Seriously?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 8:55 pm

Welcome to the naughty step Jock! lol!

This site has never been convicted for libel. so how can it be libelous? clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:05 pm

Thread split by me.

Nothing sinister, I just think that Mock's excellent post deserves its own thread. As does Jock's dilemma.

Love Frank
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:07 pm

Don't post the sponsor name IMO.

As has been said, the real story is the testing the water thread and the 'cover up'.

Plus, the motives for sending you the PM, but not offering to PM others, or indeed just posting the name, is a little suspicious to say the least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:09 pm

funny man wrote:
swampy wrote:

Are you saying that is why Jock's been closed down? Seriously?

The very site that Mr Newell has posted on so frequently (well over 10,000 times under the name of "porkus" and god knows how many other nom de keyboards) and indeed posted on just now, as well as engaging in some pretty "extreme" banter?

Has exeweb ever been done for libel?

Just when I thought pasoti was beginning to operate some more enlightened policies .......... for what was a silly bit of seasonal fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip Empty

Back to top Go down

RIP Tynans Jockstrip
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Scandal So Far....-
Jump to: