green_genie
Tringreen
Peggy
Dougie
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage

Strange rumour about the club - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 10:22 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Mrrapson wrote:
FY 310 wrote:
On the subject of rumours, I heard a different one the other day.
Someone told me that the people who were due to buy/take on the cinema at HHP (possible Odeon but not sure) have pulled out of the deal.
No idea if its true but if so may help to explain the lack of activity.
That ones not true, odeon are the only confirmed tenant at this time.
How do you know that (please)?
his lord and sheppard told him #baaaa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 10:23 pm

Waitrose cider! On the wrong thread Pokesdown.

Well I'm convinced there's something to all of this and it's just another huge kick in the nuts for ordinary residents and businesses in Plymouth from someone who can pretty much do as he pleases in the city.

I think this could well tie in with Newell rejoining the AFT because the HHP plans look to have fallen through in my opinion. Brent hasn't got the money is how I see it and the lip quivering has come to an end.

I expect Mr Brent is now looking to exit asap and that means any manner of jockeying for position behind the scenes, hence Newell's recent change of heart about the AFT and subtle distancing of himself from Brent.

This could also tie in with the other strong rumour doing the rounds about a consortium wanting to buy Brent out?

I reckon there are so very worrying times ahead for the club again and the buckets may well be needed before too long.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 10:29 pm

Right. So this development which Plymouth needs so badly the Council's had to walk all over its own policies, so badly we've got to accept a permanently restricted capacity, so badly the consultation process had to be stitched up, so badly that when some good people got together to talk about it their meeting had to be disrupted by pig  and his mob, so badly anybody with the teeniest bit of principles had to be pilloried for objecting to it ... you get my drift ... This development which Plymouth needs so badly hasn't got shops and food outlets and hotels and uncle Tom wossname and all queueing up for the sniff of a chance of moving in?

No surprise there, then. It's a park, FFS, and even if our leaders don't think that matters I bet some of these companies do. (Only because they won't make any money there, mind.)

Last edited by Peggy on Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 10:42 pm

No idea the future.

Whilst a halt to current developments sounds promising, Brent still owns a chunk of land that will hinder PAFC. It'll cost the locals a huge amount to buy this back which I doubt Farmer Brent will be interested. He could even set up a piggery (ok, I dont know the laws for sure here, if any exist now or future) to show what a farmer he really is.

He has us over a barrell in more ways than just a football club.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 10:47 pm

I don't actually care what he does on the land, so long as he builds a stand worthwhile. But at the moment he is doing the bare minimum on and off the pitch as far as the football club is concerned
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 11:03 pm

There won't be any grandstand built in the foreseeable future if we can't afford to pay the rent and rates. Or is it that Mr Brent feels he should be exempt from paying these taxes in his own kingdom?

What would someone who really loved Plymouth think about it? Someone really proud of their city and everything to do with it would surely be outraged by this?
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 11:22 pm

I don't understand how is getting away without paying rent /rates etc etc ????
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 11:23 pm

Does Cameron love UK. Does Tudor love Plymouth.

I can only see a lack of investors blocking developments, not people who care because he's behind on the rent.

If PAFC are behind on the rent then it's time to be evicted, not given time to expand what you can't afford.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 11:25 pm

about time the fans went about trying to evict brent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 11:30 pm

lets find out if the rumour has merit before jumping off the deep end.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 11:37 pm

This could also tie in with the other strong rumour doing the rounds about a consortium wanting to buy Brent out wrote:

Who is supposed to be involved in this ?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 1:33 am

Any consortium wishing to buy out Brent would have to go a lot further than paying the rent, IMO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 8:15 am

Dane. wrote:

Carslberg dont do rumors................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 8:25 am

punchdrunk wrote:
Dane. wrote:

Carslberg dont do rumors................

The honest answer is I don't know. Just the same as with the non paying of rent and rates rumour it appears that the consortium rumour is also Plymouth's worst kept secret.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 8:53 am

If you were an investor why would you be looking to buy Argyle when it has no assets, vast debts and is running at a loss? I'm sorry to say that this just looks like fanciful wishful thinking to me. Why do so many seem to abandon all logic and wet their knockers in excitement every time the word consortium gets used?

Other than that there is every chance that the HHP plan will fall through. I've said more than once that the plan wouldn't collapse because of my objection or the grumblings on a messageboard but that it would collapse because the plan is a complete pile of shit that would implode due to its own rubbishness.

Brent does have planning permission in place, that much is true, but McCauley had that way back and he didn't ever build anything. Maybe Brent won't.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 9:06 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
If you were an investor why would you be looking to buy Argyle when it has no assets, vast debts and is running at a loss? I'm sorry to say that this just looks like fanciful wishful thinking to me. Why do so many seem to abandon all logic and wet their knockers in excitement every time the word consortium gets used?

Other than that there is every chance that the HHP plan will fall through. I've said more than once that the plan wouldn't collapse because of my objection or the grumblings on a messageboard but that it would collapse because the plan is a complete pile of shit that would implode due to its own rubbishness.

Brent does have planning permission in place, that much is true, but McCauley had that way back and he didn't ever build anything. Maybe Brent won't.
Yup, that's how I see it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 9:22 am

There seem to be a lot of underhand dealings taking place at this club once again.

I was told a few days ago that a certain well know figure at the club has been going wild via text and email with rumours trying to discredit John Sheridan.

This is where the rumours of him being part time came from in the first place.

And now we have this rumour of the non paying of rates/rent. Either things are very very wrong at the club or someone is trying to set someone up for a fall by them publishing the so called rumours.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 10:06 am

No one with half a brain would think of buying or investing in this club. Thanks to James Brent's greed once he goes the club is totally fecked.

The only way one buyer/investor would entertain getting involved with the club is if he plans to move the club to a new stadium within the city. Only by doing that can this club ever grow as a club. Once again thanks to Brent's greed with the help of sheep that sold out their principles for 30 pieces of silver Home Park will be a retail complex not a football stadium.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 10:12 am

Angry wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Mrrapson wrote:
FY 310 wrote:
Someone told me that the people who were due to buy/take on the cinema at HHP (possible Odeon but not sure) have pulled out of the deal.
his lord and sheppard told him #baaaa

Wot? Jack Sheppard? Not surprised. lol! 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 10:26 am

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Mrrapson wrote:
FY 310 wrote:
Maybe he's realised, he's already said too much ?

What a wonderfully transparent club and control group we have Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 10:33 am

Yea Man wrote:
There seem to be a lot of underhand dealings taking place at this club once again.

I was told a few days ago that a certain well know figure at the club has been going wild via text and email with rumours trying to discredit John Sheridan.  

This is where the rumours of him being part time came from in the first place.

And now we have this rumour of the non paying of rates/rent.  Either things are very very wrong at the club or someone is trying to set someone up for a fall by them publishing the so called rumours.

i bet i can guess who it is geek 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 10:36 am

Speccy and his fan club have gone very quiet about the shit in the park scheme, it not going to happen i reckon!sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 10:40 am

What a load of rubbish. I would be highly surprised if PCC would answer this in a freedom of information request - I don't think FoIs even cover financial payments. It's not a very good rumour and doesn't have any substance other than, "I've heard".

In other rumours, James Brent was at El Classico yesterday as he's going to be bringing Bale back to English football - we need another player who plays out of position and doesn't score.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 10:43 am

There's rarely smoke without fire, with regard the usual suspects at the Theatre of Schemes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 10:54 am

Tringreen wrote:
There's rarely smoke without fire, with regard the usual suspects at the Theatre of Schemes.
Has brent actually developed anything at all in plymouth?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Strange rumour about the club
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next