X Isle
Mapperley, darling
argyledj
Mock Cuncher
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

FAO The President (Chris) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 5:39 pm

Chris Webb wrote:
GOB wrote:
Chris Webb wrote:
GOB wrote:
Chris Webb wrote:
GOB

Apologies for the delay, only just seen the thread.

I can't say too much because I don't want to spoil anything that may already be in at an advanced planning stage.

Put it this way - James Brent knows full well the debt of gratitude that this Club owes to Posty!

Thank you Chris and good, although it should have been the first thing done in my opinion. I'm glad ATD has played it's part! lol!

Some things need to be waited for GOB......patience is a virtue.

I am glad that even you laughed at your last sentence. Saved me commenting Wink

Of course Chris, there's no way you would have forgotten about others that have helped, is there, especially the one that saved the club clown

No, I wouldn't GOB. In fact a couple of private presentations have been made for 2 more shy members of the contingency group.

You should give people more credit GOB.

Oh I do Chris, it's just disappointing that the one person that is generally acknowledged as saving the club has had to wait for his recognition when he should have been the first to be recognised.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 5:41 pm

I've never met Posty, but I wrote articles for Vital for a couple of years so we communicated via email/ PM. He seemed a decent bloke, very commited to Argyle and wasn't afraid to voice his opinion. He has a number of contacts and published quite a number of decent interviews with ex-players and officials (I tried with Bojan Djordic but he never responded).

Mock commented on Posty's match reports, which I think are very good (in terms of accuracy and some humour). I wrote match reports for over a season and it was very depressing writing a match report on 'yet another loss' as you relive the horror show of the afternoon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 5:52 pm

Exactly Ali, whether anyone agrees with his views or not nobody can fault his loyalty and work involvement to the club that has been considerably higher over years then nearly any other that I am aware of, add to that his highlighting of the club being hours from it's death it makes him stand out as the one that should be rewarded by the greatest gift.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 7:21 pm

is posty still on here?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 8:28 pm

Phenom wrote:
is posty still on here?

I think he deleted his account when he became a mod on pasoti again.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 8:43 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Chris - how did it go with Tony Wrathall? Did he get a good welcome?

The answer to that question is being avoided like a hot potato.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 9:42 pm

lunarjetman wrote:
As I have said before IJM, you do a great job of running this site, and I really do mean that.

BUT- I am just wondering why you are being so evasive about providing an answer (again) ?

Was Tony Wrathall there or not ? No answer means you are avoiding the question !!

IJN wrote-
I've got no idea mate, I certainly didn't see him, either at the Fanfest, Devonport End or the Chisholm Lounge.

Not being evasive, I simply don't know.

Not evasive, just totally incapable of answering your question.

This is about the only comment on the subject (on the Terraces thread)
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 9:55 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
This is about the only comment on the subject (on the Terraces thread)

There is this one....

"So I asked the question again on the main board. I think that's fair enough given that this was a big question on the main board a few days ago. But my post got deleted.

Seems like there are some "taboo" subjects on P@soti, and if you are not the administrators or Chris Webb then you're not allowed to start posts about uncomfortable topics "!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 12:43 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
Phenom wrote:
is posty still on here?

i see i guess people just dont like being a member of both confused
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 1:42 am

Phenom wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
Phenom wrote:
is posty still on here?

I do/am
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 8:22 am

Phenom wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
Phenom wrote:
is posty still on here?

I think in this case, this poster's leaving here might have been more of a gift, given upon reuest by IJN, and one would say a strange thing to do given Postcode's admitted preference for the views held on this site only a week before. One has to wonder just what has been offered to these people by Brent, for supporting his bid, even to the extent of allowing Heaney a free ride for sooooo long once the contingency safe house was set up. I think we should find out this week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 10:32 am

IJN is on record as saying he would like this site shut down and I think he’s desperate for that to happen, he must feel very insecure with this sites existence for some reason. I’m sure that if he thought he could get away with it he would be on here posting under a pseudonym, using abusive foul language, giving away true identities of users and gaining access to personal and possibly financial information of the users, as he did on our last site and forcing the creation of this site to replace the one that he went on to close with the help of Ponty, another Pasoti moderator and, according to IJN, others as well.

I do not believe that Posty had anything to do with the behaviour that went on last year on the old Argyle Talk site but he has chose to align himself with the likes of IJN and that’s his choice, but it would be interesting to know what was offered to him to align himself with such characters.

I’m quite sure that pm’s and phone calls have been flying all over the place spreading rumours and slurring the characters of the users of this site in the hope of persuading people away from ATD, I heard it all myself when I signed up to the old site and it’s quite possible that Posty has been subjected to similar pressures. I take people as I find them, not as IJN finds them, maybe Posty doesn't have that strength of character and has fallen for the BS, who knows, but what I do is that as long as people abide by the IJN agenda, the things that they have complained about and have been subjected to, will continue!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2016 9:52 pm

Bump
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 5:17 am

In an ever changing world....................
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

FAO The President (Chris)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2