21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

Statement - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 11:56 am

JonB wrote:
Just as an observation, if the above had happened on Pasoti, would it not be that some of the very people typing what they've typed would be up in arms about people & old news being rolled out to harangue an opposing view point (& it's author)....

Could it be that these two websites are actually pretty much the same; with one being the Polaroid negative of the other?

The difference is Jon, that we don't have 'owners' who tend to make opposing arguments or posters 'disappear'. Our mods are democratically elected to act fairly in heated debates.

We also do not have any Deepthroating Windsor Boys operating on behalf of the Newell approved party line.

What you see is what you get, apart from the Pasoti owners and their poodles, who with the exception of one or two, hide behind yet more pseudonyms.

ATD is not at all like Pasoti in those most important of respects.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Statement - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 11:57 am

As JonB says both threads on both sites do neither site or any contributor any credit
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Statement - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:01 pm

JonB wrote:
....and I would add that whatever I don't know about re Peggy & what's happened to her, both of the threads regarding her seem to me to be awful examples of what can be done on the Internet.

Is anyone actually either enjoying this or finding it useful?

Get Posty to sweep it under the modroom carpet. 'Nothing to see here, move along'.

What has happened to Peggy and her fear of reprisals if she names and shames , is an absolute disgrace.

The club has become an extension of Pasoti for the control freaks.
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

Statement - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:08 pm

Just for clarity, its not the subject of the threads themselves, it's the subsequent behaviour of people on them to which I refer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk

Statement - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:14 pm

"Our Mods are democratically elected to act fairly in heated debates" Yet their fair and democratic decisions have just been called into question. Only democratic and fair if the vote goes your way it seems.

Hide behind yet more pseudonyms says "Tringreen".

"General Tring awoke refreshed and readied himself for another day of battle. He donned his tin hat before entering his bunker. Although he was 2000 miles from the front line you could never be too carefull and anyway, the troops expected him to look the part as well as sound it. He'd thought of another silly name to call the enemy but he would save that for another time. Now, who is the target today he thought............hairyj had been a tad over critical lately and it was time to rally the boys."
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:30 pm

Come on all of you internet warriors answer the question. Have you seen the offending PM that you are all judging and criticising your democratically elected Mods for not actioning properly? Most are still logged on here so what is the answer.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Statement - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:45 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
"Our Mods are democratically elected to act fairly in heated debates" Yet their fair and democratic decisions have just been called into question. Only democratic and fair if the vote goes your way it seems.

Hide behind yet more pseudonyms says "Tringreen".

"General Tring awoke refreshed and readied himself for another day of battle. He donned his tin hat before entering his bunker. Although he was 2000 miles from the front line you could never be too carefull and anyway, the troops expected him to look the part as well as sound it. He'd thought of another silly name to call the enemy but he would save that for another time. Now, who is the target today he thought............hairyj had been a tad over critical lately and it was time to rally the boys."

I'm fully expecting a 'visit' of some sort one day, home or away. It's the nature of the beast we are dealing with.

Peggy is a woman and is naturally intimidated into silence. Just what they want.

Everyone knows who Tringreen is boring bloke. I don't try to hide my real name, photographs or locations.

Just for information and to illustrate my point re the essential difference between ATD and Pasoti, apart from democracy.......................

When I was banned from Pasoti, the reason I was given was that I was upsetting other posters with my comments re not trusting in Stapes and forecasting inevitable decline .

'You wouldn't believe how many PM's we mods get complaining about you'. With what we know now, I wonder how many were from deepthroating types and Windsor Boys ?

ps Re Hairy and SS68 PM. Could the mods put us all out of our misery/ignorance and show us all what was sent by Hairy to SS68 ?

If nothing else it will demonstrate how far you can go by PM before receiving a ban.

Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:51 pm

So the answer to the question is "NO" you haven't seen it yet you feel an authority to comment. You along with the others who have commented. You brag about the democratic election of Mods yet you question their decision without even knowing the facts dear boy.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Statement - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:58 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
So the answer to the question is "NO" you haven't seen it yet you feel an authority to comment. You along with the others who have commented. You brag about the democratic election of Mods yet you question their decision without even knowing the facts dear boy.

I'm not questioning their decision but I think we know that an unpleasant PM was sent and the mods took the action they deemed appropriate at the time.

Maybe hairy would like to share it with all of us and we can make our own minds up ?
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:02 pm

Does it really matter , this tit-4-tat attitude is the reason the fans of pafc are at war with each other

Im sure the mods on here deal with each case on merit
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Statement - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:07 pm

Saltash green wrote:
Does it really matter , this tit-4-tat attitude is the reason the fans of pafc are at war with each other

Im sure the mods on here deal with each case on merit

That is not the reason Dane but I will desist for now.

The one day cricket is on and I like cricket.

Have a nice day................... before some b@stard louses it up ! Cool
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:09 pm

Cop out Tring. You were questioning their actions along with others who haven't even answered the question themselves. You now say "appropriate at the time". Well if it was appropriate then what is the beef? I haven't even asked to see the PM myself but did tell him that I didn't want him doing that on my behalf even if he was defending his own. It's a PM so I doubt or at least thought the publication of them wasn't encouraged as you well know.
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:17 pm

Im pretty sure that pm was abusive ss68 was a respected poster on here, the mods must have seen the pm or they wouldn't have issued the warning in the first place, as others have alluded to he got off lightly .
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:23 pm

So the simple answer is again "NO" then punchdrunk yet you feel you cannot trust the Mods to do what is deemed right at the time and draw your own conclusions. Question is why elect Mods if you don't trust them to do the right thing appropriate to the issue. Answer that you also have a preconceived idea of the person sending the PM and the punishment doesn't fit in with your wish to get rid perhaps?
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

Statement - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:26 pm

ZYPH wrote:
oddball wrote:
SG...if you post any negativity on PASOTI you normally get banned.Like whats happened to more than a few on here.No need for insults by the way.Doesn't do your credibilty any good.

It depends how you say your alternative opinion.....I post there but I am not one of them....or do I class myself as one of ATD just because I post here,no I do not.....I also post on other Argyle websites as well.......so I feel independant of the crap that flows between PASOTI & ATD......I think sensible feels the same,although he doesn't post on PASOTI and I don't blame him for that.

I agree with you i was of the opinion that i was independant of the arguing between the sites. But recently when trying to talk about a modding issue with the pasoti mods one of them said because i use ATD he then assuems i condone all of the things said on here all of the insults and threats that have ever been said and for me never to contact them again.

So acoording to that person there is no such thing as being independant his view if you use ATD you are one of them.
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:28 pm

Speaking for myself (though I believe it was the consensus): the feeling was that one poster was as bad as the other. SS68 had repeated a completely unacceptable comment about a member of someone's family (it had already been previously been explained when he had done it before why it was so unacceptable for more than one reason). Hairyj made a threat in a pm in response to this comment. I felt that the provocation was enough to warrant the same response to this as the response to SS68. A mod sent a pm to both posters warning them as to their future behaviour in this respect. (Out of interest I did the same with another poster who had publicly posted something threatening very early on when I was a mod and received a reasonable, understanding response by return). At this point SS68 decided to ask for his account to be deleted. I am unsure whether it was because we had decided not to punish hairyj harder or the fact that he had been reprimanded.

As for the mods publishing a private pm....... are you really sure about that!!!????

In actual fact, hairyj has chosen to publicly post what he had sent to SS68. It is somewhere there on one of the threads.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Statement - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:33 pm

It is here, 4th post down as a quote...

httpxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link taken out by mouldy)
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:48 pm

only mods can read that
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Statement - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:57 pm

Sorry its been a long morning so far at work!

I will talk to the other mods and hairy j about it. Embarassed

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Statement - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:19 pm

let us leave the Mods to Mod and for fook's sake leave this he said she said shite behind.
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:23 pm

seadog wrote:
let us leave the Mods to Mod and for fook's sake leave this he said she said shite behind.

agreed
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Statement - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:18 pm

That's it agree with me, that's all I need.............
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:30 pm

You should be pleased , im one of the only ones on the net who can say with confidence that i know what im on about
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:36 pm

I often find Tring's comments repetitive and boring, yet I agree with about 95% of them.

I find Sensible Bloke's repetitive comments about Tring's repetitive comments and his generalization of ATD as boring and repetitive, yet I agree with about 75% of them.

I do not believe that Dane should be allowed to use a public forum without adult supervision, if at all.

I find Hairy bloke annoyingly out of touch or he's a wind up merchant, but I like his style and forthrightness and I respect his right to have an opinion.

I find Punchy's comments regarding his desire to see pasoti shut down as unrealistic, yet recently I find my views starting to align with his.

I have had my run-ins with most of the mods and keyholders on ATD, yet I cannot think of any one of them that I would want to replace or indeed, anyone better to replace them with.

I could go on and I'm sure that others feel the same way about my comments but the fact is, we wouldn't be having this debate on pasoti and that really is a fact! - I don't believe that ATD is perfect by any means, but if you respect free opinion then it's the best that can be offered and with that there sometimes comes a comment, a tone or mild abuse that we may not like but that's the nature of the beast and it's probably why we're all still using it!

If you have something to hide then ATD really isn't the place for you, which is probably why one or two have avoided it.

Freaks by name, freaks by nature and, proud of it!

Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:38 pm

Quote :
I do not believe that Dane should be allowed to use a public forum without adult supervision, if at all.

why not ?? Surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Statement - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Statement
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next