Czarcasm
Angry
Freathy
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
RegGreen

The new manager thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 5:32 pm

Steve cotterill wouldn’t have been a bad shout 20 years ago lol
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 5:35 pm

Shueys doing u turn fooked Stoke off and taking over from the geezer from the pub at the city ground lol
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 5:43 pm

Freathy wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Baines odds-on now 1/2.

why?

is this fascination with scousers a new fetish for the club or something?

I'm expecting Hallett to go cheap but don't expect someone THAT inexperienced.  An U18s coach is not really what we need in a Championship relegation battle!

u18 team thats bottom of their league aswell....

How are the club going to Spin his credentials to manage in this club.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 5:50 pm

The plot thickens!!
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 6:51 pm

Ok he’s gone and feck him now, I’m wondering about Nathan Jones
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 7:02 pm

stoke's press release

there words wrote:
Steven Schumacher has been appointed as the new Head Coach of Stoke City.

The man who guided Plymouth Argyle to promotion to the Championship last season has signed a three-and-a-half year contract with the Potters.

He will be joined at the bet365 Stadium by Assistant Head Coach Mark Hughes, First Team Coach Peter Cavanagh and Goalkeeper Coach Darren Behcet.

“I was attracted to this club by its history and everything it represents and, once John (Coates) and Ricky (Martin) shared their vision with me, I knew it was an opportunity I wanted to take,” said the 39-year-old.

“The infrastructure, the stadium and the facilities are top-class, and so is the support of the fans.

“The values that resonate with me for a Stoke City team are bravery and hard work, coupled with a desire to play attacking football and be a team our supporters can connect with.

“We have the players to do that and, if we can get back to a point where the bet365 Stadium is thought of as a tough venue to visit, we can really get it rocking again.”

Winner of the League One Manager of the Year accolade last season, Schumacher led Argyle to promotion as champions having narrowly missed out on the playoffs the previous year.

Their victorious 22/23 campaign saw them win 31 of 46 league games, finish on 101 points and score 86 goals.

Chairman John Coates said: “We are delighted to welcome Steven, who we firmly believe to be one of the most exciting young coaches in the country, to Stoke City.

“Steven will quickly realise that he is joining a great club, with a loyal and passionate fanbase, and one with all the potential to fulfil his ambitions in the game.

“He can rely on the absolute support of us all and we wish him all the very best in the role.”

Stoke City’s Technical Director Ricky Martin added: “It was hugely important for our recruitment process to be thorough, but also efficient, so to be announcing our new Head Coach within nine days is a pleasing result for everyone involved.

“We assessed all candidates against criteria ranging from results’ record and playing style to developing young players and leadership qualities both on and off the pitch.

“Both in terms of how he articulated his ideas and philosophy, and how his words were backed up by the data, Steven was the outstanding candidate for the role.

“His hunger and ambition were expertly articulated and clear for us to see, and we are delighted to welcome him to Stoke City.

“We are hugely thankful to Paul Gallagher for fulfilling the role of Caretaker Manager – together with his support team of Jonathan Gould, Alex Morris and Ryan Shawcross – during our previous two fixtures.

“Paul remains a key part of our setup as a First Team Coach moving forward, while Alex and Ryan have returned to their positions with our Under 21s.

“Jonathan, together with Lead Analyst Charlie Ager, have left the Club with our sincere thanks for their efforts in their respective roles.”

the fact they released their lead analyst go tells me schuey has already done it or is planning on taking ours with him too.

here is ours

club statement

the link wrote:
Argyle can confirm that Steven Schumacher has today left the club to pursue a new opportunity with Sky Bet Championship rival, Stoke City.

Schumacher departs after four-and-a-half years with the club, two as Manager, and will go down as an Argyle great after overseeing one of the finest seasons in the club’s history.

The 39-year-old led Argyle to the Sky Bet League One title last season and has overseen a solid start to the Championship campaign with the side sitting in 16th place.

Schumacher now departs for the Potteries and, although disappointed, Chairman Simon Hallett and the Argyle Board have offered the outgoing manager their best wishes.

Hallett commented: “We are naturally sorry to lose a manager of Steven’s potential, but he has decided to take a new role that he sees as the next step in his career.

“Work is already under way to find a suitable replacement to lead this great football club forward.

“We have made great strides over the last few years in ensuring that we have an organisation and a football philosophy that can withstand a change in personnel.

“The result has been a style of football that I and all fans have enjoyed watching, and which will continue.

“We are intent on Argyle becoming synonymous for exciting football and for continuity. We will ensure that whomever we appoint continues these principles moving forward.

“I would like to thank Steven for his hard work, dedication, and success during his time with Argyle and I’m sorry that he won’t be with us as we work to deliver our new mission.”

Assistant Manager Mark Hughes, First-Team Coach Peter Cavanagh and Goalkeeper Coach Darren Behcet will also depart the club.

Director of Football Neil Dewsnip and First-team Coach Kevin Nancekivell will take charge of first-team duties in the interim until a suitable replacement for Schumacher has been found.  

We will be making no further comment at this stage.

i have to admit hallett seems mightly pissed about this. I'm glad he didnt go all glushy responsing to him leaving and instead put the club over which at the end of the day is  most important here.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 8:18 pm

Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Baines odds-on now 1/2.

why?

Pretty obvious with the Dewsnip/Everton connection.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 8:43 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Baines odds-on now 1/2.

why?

Pretty obvious with the Dewsnip/Everton connection.

if their youth team where winning and doing great things and playing well i might have found some merit to him being heavily linked to the job here but they arent.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 9:42 pm

Leighton Baines currently 4/5 favourite. I really hope Hallett isn't considering someone with zero experience apart from a mediocre record with Everton kids just because Dewsnip worked with him once and that he is cheap! We are deep in a relegation scrap in the Championship FFS!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 20, 2023 12:11 am

Freathy wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Baines odds-on now 1/2.

why?

I'm expecting Hallett to go cheap but don't expect someone THAT inexperienced.  An U18s coach is not really what we need in a Championship relegation battle!
shocking shows you what Hallett is really all about as far as im concerned..I think this is on recommendation of Neil dewshit this one old pals act again and yet another scouser what is it they seems they get half semi on everytime someone mentions there from Merseyside area ffs

Last edited by RegGreen on Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 20, 2023 12:15 am

Disappointed.

feck him!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 20, 2023 9:39 am

Freathy wrote:
Graiser wrote:
I don’t think it’ll be one of the usual merry go round of managers.
Got to have faith in the board having done due diligence on potential replacements for many months.

Leighton Baines has been mentioned on Pasoti as a possible.  Apparently known to Dewsnip from Everton days. Very inexperienced and never managed before and is currently U18 coach at Everton.  Sounds way too inexperienced.

In his club statement SH made it clear that whoever is appointed will be expected to adopt the same footballing policy as SS.
No idea what Leighton Baines would offer but we should find out soon.
At least he'll have the same accent Laughing
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 20, 2023 12:59 pm

Is Hallett still in the States? Will he come back to be involved in the recruitment process or is that being left to Dewsnip?

Something needs to happen soon as. with respect to Keven Nance virtually everyone involved with the first team has gone.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 20, 2023 2:00 pm

He was at Derriford Hospital last week with the team.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 20, 2023 3:12 pm

Troy Deeney has been named new manager of FGR

That's one I am glad we missed
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 20, 2023 4:26 pm

Paul Cook possibly in contention

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 20, 2023 5:17 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Is Hallett still in the States? Will he come back to be involved in the recruitment process or is that being left to Dewsnip?

Something needs to happen soon as. with respect to Keven Nance virtually everyone involved with the first team has gone.

it would be down to parkinson the CEO if anything but im sure Hallett will be heavily involved via teams/skype and meet the new guy in person in the new year. I dont expect him to fly back now so close to christmas nor do i suspect we would appoint anyone before that in anycase.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 20, 2023 6:28 pm

Relief to see Cotterill has drifted out to 16/1.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 20, 2023 6:45 pm

the current betting odds from skybet (correct at the time of posting)  some great names mentioned, some ive never heard off and a few i didnt think they have worked in years and a couple i wouldn't touch with a bargepole.

Leighton Baines - 4/5
John Eustace - 6/1
Paul Cook - 6/1
Nathan Jones - 8/1
Neil Warnock - 10/1
Michael Duff - 12/1
Dick Schreuder - 14/1
Steve Cotterill - 16/1
Brian Barry-Murphy - 20/1
Jimmy Thelin - 20/1
Luke Williams - 20/1
Nigel Pearson - 20/1
Alex Neil - 25/1
Gary Rowett - 25/1
Tony Mowbray - 25/1
John Mousinho - 33/1
Karl Robinson - 33/1
Nathan Rooney - 33/1
Paul Heckingbottom - 33/1
Shaun Maloney - 33/1
Aidy Boothroyd - 50/1
Anthony Barry - 50/1
Ben Garner - 50/1
Chris Coleman - 50/1
Chris Davies - 50/1
Chris Hughton - 50/1
Clint Hill - 50/1
Craig Hignett - 50/1
Damien Duff - 50/1
Danny Cowley - 50/1
Dave Challinor - 50/1
David Healy - 50/1
Dean Holden - 50/1
Derek McInness - 50/1
Gareth Ainsworth - 50/1
Garry Monk - 50/1
Gary McSheffrey - 50/1
Glenn Whelan - 50/1
Gus Poyet - 50/1
Ian Dawes - 50/1
Ian Evatt - 50/1
Jim Godwin - 50/1
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink - 50/1
Joey Barton - 50/1
John McGreal - 50/1
Jonathan Woodgate - 50/1
Keith Curle - 50/1
Kevin Betsy - 50/1
Kevin Muscat - 50/1
Kevin Phillips - 50/1
Lee Bell - 50/1
Lee Bowyer - 50/1
Lee Cattermole - 50/1
Luke Garrard - 50/1
Mark Bonner - 50/1
Mark Hughes - 50/1
Mark Kennedy - 50/1
Michael Appleton - 50/1
Neil Lennon - 50/1
Nigel Clough - 50/1
Paul Hartley - 50/1
Paul Ince - 50/1
Paul Lambert - 50/1
Paul Tisdale - 50/1
Pete Wild - 50/1
Robbie Nielson - 50/1
Ruben Selles - 50/1
Scott Brown - 50/1
Scott Parker - 50/1
Shaun Derry - 50/1
Stephen Bradley - 50/1
Stephen Kenny - 50/1
Steve Bruce - 50/1
Steve Evans - 50/1
Steve Morison - 50/1
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 20, 2023 7:36 pm

Deeply concerned with this fixation on Baines. The bloke has zero experience! Absolutely none whatsoever. At least schumacher had been assistant at a league club. Is Baines really being considered? If he is I think Hallett has lost the plot completely. Let Baines do his apprenticeship and on the job learning somewhere else not at Argo FFS! Also he will obviously just come on his own with no assistant or other staff so where will they come from? The only candidates worth considering it seems are complete novices who Dewsnip once knew at Everton. Someone needs to tell Hallett we are a Championship club in a relegation scrap! We need experience!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 20, 2023 9:17 pm

Kevin Muscat at 50-1! cheers Could be some interesting defensive methods, that fecker made Rotherham look like the local convent eleven.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 21, 2023 10:26 am

I’ve got no views on any particular applicant on that list as long as it’s not the part of the merry go round of the usual suspects, in regards to not appointing unproven coaches as managers, perhaps we should not have appointed SS, we would never have considered McKenna, Critchley, Manning etc, so for me as long as the recruitment team do due diligence then that’s good enough
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 21, 2023 12:55 pm

Graiser wrote:
I’ve got no views on any particular applicant on that list as long as it’s not the part of the merry go round of the usual suspects, in regards to not appointing unproven coaches as managers, perhaps we should not have appointed SS, we would never have considered McKenna, Critchley, Manning etc, so for me as long as the recruitment team do due diligence then that’s good enough

This situation now is very different to when Shumacher took over. There was no due diligence to be done. He was in effect showing his worth as a potential successor on a day to day basis.

We are pretty much at square one now. Shumacher owes everything to Hallett & the Board for showing faith in him. He’d be a no-mark assistant at Preston, otherwise. So the manner and timing of his departure leave a bad taste in the mouth.

I see the Tromsø manager has now entered the betting.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 21, 2023 1:27 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Graiser wrote:

This situation now is very different to when Shumacher took over. There was no due diligence to be done. He was in effect showing his worth as a potential successor on a day to day basis.

We are pretty much at square one now. Shumacher owes everything to Hallett & the Board for showing faith in him. He’d be a no-mark assistant at Preston, otherwise. So the manner and timing of his departure leave a bad taste in the mouth.

Perzackerly, and as far as I'm aware not an ounce of gratitude has been expressed since his departure towards the club or fans for the opportunity and almost universal backing he received while here, scouse ingrate.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 21, 2023 2:20 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Perzackerly, and as far as I'm aware not an ounce of gratitude has been expressed since his departure towards the club or fans for the opportunity and almost universal backing he received while here, scouse ingrate.

Innit Les.

I want him to fail at Stoke, even more than I want Lowe to fail at Preston - and that’s saying something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The new manager thread
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next