Czarcasm
sufferedsince 68
Greenskin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Germany 2 England 3 Empty
PostSubject: Germany 2 England 3   Germany 2 England 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 9:48 pm

False dawn or a real sign of progress? Didn't see too much of it but I guess winning against the Jerries on their own dung heap has to be a feather in the cap. Kane and Vardy must take priority over Rooney, who has never been a great asset in majors even at his peak.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Germany 2 England 3   Germany 2 England 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 9:52 pm

Greenskin wrote:
False dawn or a real sign of progress? Didn't see too much of it but I guess winning against the Jerries on their own dung heap has to be a feather in the cap. Kane and Vardy must take priority over Rooney, who has never been a great asset in majors even at his peak.
Watched it all bhey, England were very impressive it was well deserved.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Germany 2 England 3   Germany 2 England 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 9:55 pm

Take a bow, lads.

Only a friendly yes, but a really great performance and what a flick from Vardy past the best keeper in the world.

Wunderbar!

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Germany 2 England 3   Germany 2 England 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 9:57 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Take a bow, lads.

Only a friendly yes, but a really great performance and what a flick from Vardy past the best keeper in the world.

Wunderbar!

Vardy and Harry Kane are top top strikers, good as anybody i would say!
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Germany 2 England 3   Germany 2 England 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 10:00 pm

When it matters in real tournaments I doubt it will be replicated or anything near.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Germany 2 England 3   Germany 2 England 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 10:28 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
When it matters in real tournaments I doubt it will be replicated or anything near.

Exactly! getting all giddy over friendly results couldn't be more village.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Germany 2 England 3   Germany 2 England 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 6:13 am

Well done, especially after their first goal and keeper injury.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Germany 2 England 3   Germany 2 England 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 6:16 am

Didnt see it as on too late for me but reading reports Alli and Kane were the stand out payers.....??
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Germany 2 England 3   Germany 2 England 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 8:12 am

Pochettino for England ?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/tottenham-manager-mauricio-pochettino-been-6797199
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Germany 2 England 3   Germany 2 England 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 12:30 pm

Some teriffic individual perfomances. Sublime 'Cruyff' move by Kane. Defence was shaky though.

Can England do it in the summer? In the past it was always obvious they never had a snowballs chance but this Euro Championships will be quite interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Germany 2 England 3   Germany 2 England 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 1:05 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Watched it all bhey, England were very impressive it was well deserved.
Indeed.
Their first goal was against a keeper who should have been man enough to throw it out when he was first injured.
Second goal was dodgy defending, but that can be worked on.
Attacking wise I thought we were really good, players linking well, high pressing their defence into making errors.
Stick with these new blood boys please Roy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Germany 2 England 3   Germany 2 England 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 1:06 pm

Freathy wrote:
Some teriffic individual perfomances. Sublime 'Cruyff' move by Kane.  Defence was shaky though.

Can England do it in the summer?  In the past it was always obvious they never had a snowballs chance but this Euro Championships will be quite interesting.

no we will reach the quarters and no further

hodgson out
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Germany 2 England 3   Germany 2 England 3 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 2:56 am

Only thing I'd say is Hodgson to my mind still has no idea what his best 11 is.....??
I've got no doubt at all Rooney will start in first match at Euros as safe option even though he's never done anything at major finals apart from falling for Ronaldo's antics
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Germany 2 England 3   Germany 2 England 3 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 10:24 am

Hodgson is a millstone round our neck IMO. I know it would be harsh sacking him with his qualification record but I think he's lucky in getting some starlets that we have been crying out for for a long time. Thing is I want a young dynamic manager who isn't afraid of giving a youngster a starting spot, Roy is too pedestrian I don't think you can help it at his age. I want the youngsters fired up and passionate.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Germany 2 England 3   Germany 2 England 3 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 10:34 am

Amsterdamage wrote:
Hodgson is a millstone round our neck IMO. I know it would be harsh sacking him with his qualification record but I think he's lucky in getting some starlets that we have been crying out for for a long time. Thing is I want a young dynamic manager who isn't afraid of giving a youngster a starting spot, Roy is too pedestrian I don't think you can help it at his age. I want the youngsters fired up and passionate.

The grass is always greener. Roy is doing alright IMO, I don't think he is afraid to blood youngsters if you look back over the squads he's picked, and G Neville is there to fire up the passion. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Germany 2 England 3   Germany 2 England 3 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 12:59 pm

Who was it he took to the WC and didn't play? Oxy Chambers?
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Germany 2 England 3   Germany 2 England 3 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 1:34 pm

Not sure but the WC was a disaster, just like the previous one, and probably all before that back to Italy 90. We have got some exciting young talent at the moment though, I'm looking forward to tonight's game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Germany 2 England 3   Germany 2 England 3 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 1:51 pm

Foreshore, not saying well win it but we must have a better chance than in a long while, we've a few decent players from the WC and with young Vardy and the other scorer from the other night (wetf his name is) we have some young guns trying to prove themselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Germany 2 England 3   Germany 2 England 3 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 5:36 pm

Watched the game. Entertaining and we looked fantastic going forward. The Spurs quartet of Kane, Alli, Dier and Rose all looked very good. Alli looks like he could be something a bit special.

Having said that, until around the hour mark, the Germans looked like they might score with every attack.

The reason we won't progress very far in Euro '16 is that the central defensive partnership will be Gary Cahill and AN Other. We are going to ship too many goals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Germany 2 England 3   Germany 2 England 3 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 6:09 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Watched the game. Entertaining and we looked fantastic going forward. The Spurs quartet of Kane, Alli, Dier and Rose all looked very good. Alli looks like he could be something a bit special.

Having said that, until around the hour mark, the Germans looked like they might score with every attack.

The reason we won't progress very far in Euro '16 is that the central defensive partnership will be Gary Cahill and AN Other. We are going to ship too many goals.

But its England speciality over the years. Play well in Friendlies, smash their through a weak group to qualify from like the one we had recently. When that happens fans and media go loco and build up hype "this could be the team to do it" then go to shit in the world cup/Euro's then suddenly reviews are held, the manager is a dead man walking and germany's latest model gets copied to the letter.

England most probably win tonight which will add more fuel to the hype fire
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Germany 2 England 3   Germany 2 England 3 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 6:27 pm

I wouldn't even assume we'll make it out of the group. What is undeniable is that we have some very exciting attacking players. Perhaps we might at least be fun to watch in the next few years
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Germany 2 England 3   Germany 2 England 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Germany 2 England 3
Page 1 of 1