Tringreen
Czarcasm
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. Empty
PostSubject: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 5:24 pm

I fuckin hate Brent as much as the next regular ATDer. But by Christ that was fuckin dire.

I can understood frustration at under-funding. What I can't understand, forgive, or accept, is under-effort from the eleven chosen to be on the fuckin pitch.

We were were a fuckin disgrace.

A nothing mid-table team came and nonchalantly accepted 3 points without us so much as offering an argument as to why.

Brent, you're a cnut.

But Adams, if you think that performance is acceptable from your players, you're a fuckin cnut too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 5:39 pm

A bunch of loanees don't care that much? No feckin shit Czarks. The few players who are any good have injuries and Brent won't offer a contract for next year so why should they care, there are three reasons for this shite and they are all called Brent.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 5:44 pm

He's right you know lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 5:49 pm

I wonder how long it will be before the Jimmy lovers start wisting that Adams has lost the dressing room.
The lack of desire seems to have been going on for some time now. Maybe the players have twigged Jimmy too. As you say Hammy, if I were a player out of contract in 3 months and the owner wasn't talking to me, I'd be a little peeved too.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 6:12 pm

Yeah but the reluctant one doesn't do motivation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 6:29 pm

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 8:17 pm

Anyone else go today? Or just me?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 8:33 pm

From what I gather quite a few of our players are selling coffee (beans?) as a sideline.  Take from that what you will but I find it amusing.

Unfortunately our players would appear to have lost any desire to succeed here and I really can't blame them.  Expecting the regular 13-14 players to soldier on through injury, trying to do the job of 20+ players over the course of a season and potential unemployment at the end of it...

Perhaps shaking those beans are the new thumbs up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 9:35 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

i did
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 9:40 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Fraid so bhey. I'm glad I'm not a season ticket sucker because at this precise moment in time I'm on the verge of knocking it on the head. Not freakin good enough.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 10:16 pm

akagreengull wrote:
That's it. Away from JB, budgets and pensions the fact is that the players didn't appear to give flying fig about the green shirt. That makes me f'ing angry. Rant
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 10:34 pm

As pointed out above, the link between players not caring and the "financial management" of the club is there, it is just a question of being willing to see it.

With proper investment, fewer mercenaries on short-term loans, therefore players who are more likely to care. With proper investment, players could be signed on a contract longer than one year and therefore would have a clear interest in the club getting promoted. With proper investment, talks could have begun with certain players regarding contract for next season (and, let's be totally wild here, even beyond next season).

You cannot dissociate the way the club is being run from the lack of motivation on the pitch. (Well, I suppose you can, but that would involve being totally disingenuous, and that would never happen...)
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 11:09 pm

The Players can smell Bullshit at a 100 paces same as everyone else here and the cvnt at the helm is full of it. Would any other Clubs Supporters put up with this wanker.....??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 11:30 pm

tigertony wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
That's it. Away from JB, budgets and pensions the fact is that the players didn't appear to give flying fig about the green shirt. That makes me f'ing angry. Rant

F'ing angry and you ask me when criticising JB if I have to use expletives? You seem happy to use them deflecting blame from the Tory wanker. I'm beginning to believe the multi claims. You sound like a WOR pig to me, you know one of those that can't admit the guy they bought to power has sold them and us down the line, have a word with yourself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 11:33 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Calm down dear, I didn't and have been going less and less since Brent, I've had fifty odd years of argyle, I've done my time so don't get all superfan on us please. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 11:50 pm

I went.

Nothing to say about it that hasn't been said.

I could rattle on a bit about shape and formation but it matters not because we were so poor.

Matey Boy (I forget his name) up front is a big lad and won his headers but seemed to have no control over where the ball went when he did. Houghton barely featured. Same for Purrington. Threlkeld offered diddly down the right.

I just can't be arsed.

Really disappointed.

I don't want to get all Freathy on yer arses but I checked how many points in front of 8th (Wycombe as it happens) earlier and we're 8 points ahead. I'm far from confident that that'll be enough.

Part of me is hoping we shit out completely because there's no way we're going to win the play-offs.

This the worst capitulation from a dominant position that I can recall in all my years of watching Argyle and I'm not expecting a miracle recovery.

9 feckin games of this misery to go.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 12:57 am

Amsterdamage wrote:
tigertony wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

F'ing angry and you ask me when criticising JB if I have to use expletives? You seem happy to use them deflecting blame from the Tory wanker. I'm beginning to believe the multi claims. You sound like a WOR pig to me, you know one of those that can't admit the guy they bought to power has sold them and us down the line, have a word with yourself.
I'm not deflecting blame just trying to separate 90 minutes from 5 years which, as pointed out above, is difficult. I don't normally use expletives and perhaps next time I'll cool down a bit before posting. Apologies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 1:20 am

I said back in January that our lack of activity compared to the other teams pushing for promotion/play-offs would come back to bite us.... i have been proven right i cant see in the next 9 games us proving me wrong and securing promotion.

Brent's penny pinching ways and belief he can run a football club on handouts,donations and with very little input is a major factor in our inability to secure promotion out of this league and will continue to do so next season too.

Adams is not absolved of his share of the blame and certainly not the players either that is a fair statement to make.

as for the game i witnessed yesterday, utter garbage will sum it up netter than any report could. All i will say as a side note sawyer needs to be dropped, purrington is dreadful as a midfielder, why wylde was taken off again is a joke, reid cannot play adams's system he is too isolated upfront on his own and matt is a fletcher standard of signing.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 1:40 am

If we're gonna turn on Adams then we might as well give up.  The problem starts and ends with Brent.  There's only so much the manager can do with one arm tied behind his back.

For all Stapleton's faults in his latter years, he managed to galvanise the club in the early years and brought us success, a club with everyone pulling the same direction.  We don't have that, we have Brent looking out for his own interests only.  It really doesn't matter who the manager is under those circumstances.

The same could be said 20 years ago with Dan MaC & Warnock. They both wanted promotion and we got there. It cost Dan a few quid though, fair play to him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 2:00 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
If we're gonna turn on Adams then we might as well give up.  The problem starts and ends with Brent.  There's only so much the manager can do with one arm tied behind his back.

For all Stapleton's faults in his latter years, he managed to galvanise the club in the early years and brought us success, a club with everyone pulling the same direction.  We don't have that, we have Brent looking out for his own interests only.  It really doesn't matter who the manager is under those circumstances.

The same could be said 20 years ago with Dan MaC & Warnock.  They both wanted promotion and we got there.  It cost Dan a few quid though, fair play to him.

Adams picks the team at the end of the day. Its his judgement call to sell cox when we had no other central midfielders and nto replace him or boateng but re-sign threlkeld till 9th april so he misses vitally important games afterwards. its his call to play purrington in midfield who is dogshit there, its his call to continue to play 1 up front when its not working results wise anymore, its his call to have a small squad and threadbare backroom staff and at the end of the day its his call not to challenge brent to open his wallet more in janaury.

he has to take his share at the end of the day. Brent is the major factor agreed but that doesnt wash over adams and the players part in our poor form after november.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 2:28 am

At this moment in time Adams probably has the worst job in English football.  He's expected to pick a team from a bunch of injured crocks whom in all probability are looking elsewhere to secure future employment.  Those looking elsewhere wont want to risk further injury so either wont give 100% or do their best to stay on the bench (McHugh perhaps?)  The overall running of this club is diabolical and offers no incentive for most beyond the end of their contracts which expire in June.  I feel for Brunty right now, I suspect the rest of the squad are thinking similar.

And before any pedantry kicks in, I do understand a few of our players may have had their contractual clauses kick in, I do wonder if this might also add to any division amongst the ranks?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 5:40 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
At this moment in time Adams probably has the worst job in English football.  He's expected to pick a team from a bunch of injured crocks whom in all probability are looking elsewhere to secure future employment.  Those looking elsewhere wont want to risk further injury so either wont give 100% or do their best to stay on the bench (McHugh perhaps?)  The overall running of this club is diabolical and offers no incentive for most beyond the end of their contracts which expire in June.  I feel for Brunty right now, I suspect the rest of the squad are thinking similar.

And before any pedantry kicks in, I do understand a few of our players may have had their contractual clauses kick in, I do wonder if this might also add to any division amongst the ranks?

About the size of it..................... Warnock and Sturrock's squads were largely our own players,not out of contract and not panic loanees, far too late in the piece.
If it does indeed go tits up, as is looking the case, I expect DA to depart and tell it like it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 6:24 am

With Bristol on a real up, automatic promotion has now vanished in the mist. Unbelievable, but there it is. While Adams has been thankfully unusually candid for a manager both here and Ross County, I don't expect him to openly slag off Brent or leave the club at this stage. Management is his chosen profession, and he doesn't need a bad reputation with future employers.
Up or, as now looks more and more likely, staying down, next season is going to be a tough affair.  A rightly disappointed manager who is now a known quantity in the division, with very few contracted players. Not looking good, and the now common  sniping at the manager of the day within the poisoned club will start all over again to protect the owner.
The good start was there to be capitalised on this season, and Brent wouldn't back the manager. He doesn't get it. You have to take your chances when they come, just like any striker. He's a plodding squatter, waiting for something to fall into his lap.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 8:24 am

Cant understand while we have a proven twenty goals a season striker, and Carey and Jervis who were scoring for fun before Christmas, we now cant score. Must be tactics somewhere, sort it out Adams.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 9:48 am

Czarcasm wrote:
I went.
Have been going for the past 32 years.
4 home matches & a trip to shitty city until I bow out gracefully.
I'm thankful that James Brent is repaying the old trust loan, and that there are only 3 repayments left.
5 years ago the prospect of £33,000 was one hell of a headache for me being an Argyle fan.
I can find better things to do with the rest of my time I've got left on this earth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. Empty

Back to top Go down

Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next