Go down 
+3
Czarcasm
Elias
Tgwu
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Am I the only one?... Empty
PostSubject: Am I the only one?...   Am I the only one?... EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 7:22 pm

Who could not give a shit about fixture release date?

We know who exactly who we have to play - who cares if we have to play Stevenage away in November, February or April? Or Morecambe at home in August, December or March?

I find the idea of everyone having their diaries, calendars and highlighters out a little strange. Excitedly counting down the weeks, days, hours, minutes until Argyle find out exactly which order we have to play these barstads - as they literally do on Pasoti with their clocks and reminders.

The week before a game, decide if you want to go, and then go. You don't need 3 months of preparation and a calendar for that.

Throw your diaries in the bin and be free! flower flower flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one?...   Am I the only one?... EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 7:33 pm

i just like to know when our first home game is really when they come out. We have to play all 23 other teams twice this season so it doesnt when we do it, it has to be done.

i dont like how anal the football league are with forums posting fixtures on the day they are released yet dont care a week later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one?...   Am I the only one?... EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 7:40 pm

I agree with the OP with the exception of it would be nice just for feckin once to get a home fixture on boxing day instead of being fobbed off with an away match south of Birmingham as if it is some kind of 'oh well never mind gesture'.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one?...   Am I the only one?... EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 7:53 pm

I do can book holidays
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one?...   Am I the only one?... EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 8:29 pm

The op cant work shifts.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one?...   Am I the only one?... EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 8:29 pm

Out of interest, when are they out?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one?...   Am I the only one?... EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 8:40 pm

Wednesday
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one?...   Am I the only one?... EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 8:55 pm

I'm not pissing my pants with excitement over it, but its nice when they are available - being able to start planning it advance which games are attendable. Makes the new season feel somewhat real, if that makes sense? The season gone almost becomes officially in the past and we can start looking forward to the new season starting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one?...   Am I the only one?... EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 11:03 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
I agree with the OP with the exception of it would be nice just for feckin once to get a home fixture on boxing day instead of being fobbed off with an away match south of Birmingham as if it is some kind of 'oh well never mind gesture'.

The first two I am curious about are Boxing Day and NYD games. Always nice to see who the FL thinks are our big games, even if they aren't really (Newport?).

I've got a couple of away days I like to plan for, but I don't need to start planning them in June! I just don't feel the desperate frenzy everyone else seems to share in needing to know all the dates and all the fixtures so badly.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one?...   Am I the only one?... EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 5:34 am

Most of the time it doesn't matter who it'll be we play but there's always a few fixtures that matter more than others like the Christmas and Easter ones because of family arrangements and any you might fancy getting a train to are best booked waaaaaaay in advance to get the cheapest tickets.

And it is something to talk about when there's precious little else.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one?...   Am I the only one?... EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 8:17 am

I like it. For family reasons I can't attend many Saturday games but can make every midweek away game so it's always interesting to see which ones and hoping for a couple of new grounds, although that is unlikely this year due to most of them being southern. Barnet will be a new ground though as I lost Underhill so will be keen to see that one.

I also have a "jolly boy's outing" to at least one midweek game with Innocent Egbunike with an overnight stay and normally a pissed 4am finish. Always a good thing to put that in the diary.

....................and of course always good to see Punchy or Freathy reply to someone wetting their pants about a difficult run in as we've got Morecambe away and reminding everyone how far we've fallen Smile

Wake me up when this nightmare is over jocolor

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one?...   Am I the only one?... EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 9:58 am

Indeed, Mr Trickle. Wouldn't mind York away for a midweek jaunt (if my better half ever stops working on Tue nights). That or a return to Rovers. Brizzle always decent beers.

Never let it be said you can't get a drink at 4.30am on a Wednesday in Scunny!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one?...   Am I the only one?... Empty

Back to top Go down

Am I the only one?...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: