Go down 
+2
Jon L
cornysteve
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cornysteve

A Mild Conspiracy Theory. Empty
PostSubject: A Mild Conspiracy Theory.   A Mild Conspiracy Theory. EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 11:10 am

Just a random thought, but the longer that the club goes through the summer without recruiting either a manager or players the less that is being spent on wages during the non income summer months. The thought occurred to me just after the season ended and having seen the number of players being signed on by other lower league clubs.

Not really as a conspiracy theory, but possible as a budgetary prudence. If, I'll repeat if, that should be the case then it would be yet another indictment of the clubs priorities being about cash over performance. It would also indicate a fag packet business model that does not budget for the lack of income through the summer, which could also be a tin foil hat conspiracy theory.

Personally, given the openess, transpararency and communication that we, the supporters, get from the club in alliance with the evidence of what we've seen and experienced over the last couple of years I take it as yet another sign that the club has failed to prepare and is thus preparing to fail.

I could be entirely wrong in my suppositions though. Just thought that I'd throw it out there.

Steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Mild Conspiracy Theory.   A Mild Conspiracy Theory. EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 11:39 am

Sounds like Brent reasoning
Back to top Go down
Jon L

PostSubject: Re: A Mild Conspiracy Theory.   A Mild Conspiracy Theory. EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 3:10 pm

Not sure that can be - players have contracts until 30th June and have just been told they are being released on that date under FL rules. Wages and contracts still have to be honored up until then.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: A Mild Conspiracy Theory.   A Mild Conspiracy Theory. EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 5:25 pm

I still don't get how the club allowed Sheridan to make decisions on releasing and offering new contracts to players, without a cast iron guarantee that he'd be continuing as manager to oversee and implement specific player recruitment to replace those let go?
Any new gaffer may have had a different point of view regarding those released by Sheridan.

Very odd.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: A Mild Conspiracy Theory.   A Mild Conspiracy Theory. EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 5:35 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I still don't get how the club allowed Sheridan to make decisions on releasing and offering new contracts to players, without a cast iron guarantee that he'd be continuing as manager to oversee and implement specific player recruitment to replace those let go?
Any new gaffer may have had a different point of view regarding those released by Sheridan.

Very odd.

Odd or a typical PAFC shambles....... need a manager in place before contracts expire on the 30th.....or we could easily lose those that have completed their time at Argyle and do not know who will be in charge after that date.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Mild Conspiracy Theory.   A Mild Conspiracy Theory. EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 6:43 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Very odd.

Because clubs have to submit retain lists by a certain time. Besides whether shezza stayed or knew he was off no one on the released list was worth keeping hold off Banton included and the players offered deals are worth keeping.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: A Mild Conspiracy Theory.   A Mild Conspiracy Theory. EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 9:05 pm

Seem to recall mick jones being fired mid june !

Released list would be standard requirement, nothing to stop released players coming back if they havent signed for anyone else of course
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Mild Conspiracy Theory.   A Mild Conspiracy Theory. EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 9:16 pm

Elias wrote:
Seem to recall mick jones being fired mid june !

Released list would be standard requirement, nothing to stop released players coming back if they havent signed for anyone else of course

of course they can still be offered a new deal here despite making the list if the new guy knows of that player and wants him to stay but i dont see anyone doing that to be honest.

Last edited by Angry on Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: A Mild Conspiracy Theory.   A Mild Conspiracy Theory. EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 9:26 pm

As long as Argyle finish in the top twenty two next season jimmy will be happy! Perhaps he wants the fans to make donations before he can afford a manager?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Mild Conspiracy Theory.   A Mild Conspiracy Theory. EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 10:01 pm

The conspiracy was simple..keep Argyle shite to justify the mini-stand. Even in the play off first leg they diddled the crowd figure to keep it below 15k, I know exactly the game Brent and his cronies are playing at.
Even when his plan was dead in the water he still tries every trick in the book.

Where are we in relation to replacing the Mayflower again ??!!
Exactly ...Mcdermott?? keep on dreaming it will be the cheapest possible option dressed up as 'potential' by his propaganda team.

TAPEWORM OUT ....NOW
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Mild Conspiracy Theory.   A Mild Conspiracy Theory. EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 9:37 am

It's as if the whole mini grandstand idea has fallen off the edge of the end of the world.

Has there been a brick laid yet?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Mild Conspiracy Theory.   A Mild Conspiracy Theory. Empty

Back to top Go down

A Mild Conspiracy Theory.
Page 1 of 1